Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

BlueAnorak said:
cookster said:
He did pick Nasri over Milner and Garcia at CB. Also even though you could see we were being outplayed didn't change formation until too late - as usual.

Gacia wasn't that bad. Not compared with Hart, Lescott, Barry, YaYa, Silva, Aguero. On a par with Zaba. Nasri on the other hand? I'd love him to convince me but I haven't see anything in two years aside from the Tevez goal last season @Chelsea(H) to convince me.

The only selection mistake Mancini made yesterday was dropping Milner for YaYa and playing Nasri. Miller should have started and YaYa should have been shorn of his defensive duties (he did that himself anyway). But then again, admit it, folks who on here would not have played YaYa?

Garcia didn't cover himself in glory for the first goal after the initial mistake by Barry.

Re: Mancini out?

cookster said:
BlueAnorak said:
cookster said:
He did pick Nasri over Milner and Garcia at CB. Also even though you could see we were being outplayed didn't change formation until too late - as usual.

Gacia wasn't that bad. Not compared with Hart, Lescott, Barry, YaYa, Silva, Aguero. On a par with Zaba. Nasri on the other hand? I'd love him to convince me but I haven't see anything in two years aside from the Tevez goal last season @Chelsea(H) to convince me.

The only selection mistake Mancini made yesterday was dropping Milner for YaYa and playing Nasri. Miller should have started and YaYa should have been shorn of his defensive duties (he did that himself anyway). But then again, admit it, folks who on here would not have played YaYa?

Garcia didn't cover himself in glory for the first goal after the initial mistake by Barry.

Garcia was diabolical yesterday. Lescott has roughly the same pace as him yet I have never seen Lescott just have long balls played over him putting someone through so often in one game.

Mancini was at fault yesterday because he dropped Milner and played Garcia and Lescott when for me, Kolo had to start there alongside Lescott. However, all three goals came from horrible, stupid individual errors so we can't blame him completley.

dancity19 said:
bri an t said:
abu13 said:
We have lost 3 games all season, unlike some of the smacked arses on here i can remember times in the past where we have lost three games in a week.

I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday but we need some perspective as well.
could not agree more.

Performances have been diminishing under Mancini all season. We may only have lost 3, but look at how many we have drawn due to the same old failings, which the management are seemingly oblivious to. Lost 3, yep, but we also have a very real possibility (probability) of being 12 points behind United tonight. They could lose 4 games between now and the end of the season, but do you have the confidence in us, at the moment to do our bit???

A week or so ago we could have beaten QPR and made it a 2 point gap. We have picked up 2 points out of a possible 12- against QPR, Liverpool and Southampton (hardly Everton, Chelsea and United) and now will be 12 points behind.

The difference about yesterday though, was that it wasn't even the same old problems that let us down. It wasn't the inability to break down teams- we are appalling to a man. Everyone was abysmal, lacking in effort, lacking in care, lacking in structure. Maybe apart from Aguero, who I thought worked hard, but everyone else just looked disinterested.

Yesterday smacked of a 'lost the dressing room performance'. Our most dependable players were anything but. The game was so surreal; I honestly cannot believe how poor we were. In all seriousness, have we looked that bad since the Pearce era. ONly one I can think of is the Spurs game under Hughes, and I think yesterday was worse.

Something was wrong yesterday, that was worse than just a bad performance.

Not as bad as the 8-1 Middlesbrough but it is fair comment about the Spurs game.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 pm --<br /><br />
Red_fan said:
If he does leave, will City fans still sing that Mancini song at games?

Like you and Cantona?

Red_fan said:
If he does leave, will City fans still sing that Mancini song at games?

Just like you sang 'citys cracking up' at Blackburn last year.....

Who cracked up in the end....

8 points in 6 games....

See you later, enjoy watching the game from your sofa...

sergiokun said:
Hope he stays and sorts this out but i am not sure what will happen in summer. Fa cup could save his job

Don't think the fa cup will save him, even with a complete turnaround with the league form i think he is gone, i just hope the game going fans give him support till then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.