Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
citymad said:
What if the toffees beat the scum ? it'll still be 9 points behind. Anythings possible and i'm the biggest pessimistic idiot there is.

Just looking for some light in all the gloom.
Forget it; they'd still be nine points ahead. That means if we won every game on the run in (which we won't), the vermin would have to lose two more games as well as the derby. That's three defeats in 12 games; they've only lost three in 25 up to now. Not going to happen, so stop torturing yourself.

Anyway; they won't lose to Everton.
They could draw a few though and lose a couple but I still agree,no chance the way we're playing.Time to start looking over our shoulder

Blue Tooth said:
It's not about the loss.
It's about the manner and the timing of the loss.
Set to go into battle, fighting for the retention of OUR title.
We limp to a draw with Liverpool.
Big chance to set the record straight again yesterday. Big chance to lay down a marker.
We did not show up. Did not look like Champions. Did not play like Champions.
It's perfectly acceptable for people to be asking the question WHY NOT?
I suspect from his interviews, Mancini is asking himself the very same question.
Good basic point.

Time for the squad to re-group and go back to the basics of what made us successful

I think we will. The squad is weaker than last season, but still strong enough to respond

Kept off the forum for as long as i could after yesterday knowing Bluemoon would be in meltdown. No doubt last night was poor, unusually poor, compared to what we have been used to over the last couple of years. I recall this time last year when we struggled around the same time and i suspect its because we are a little lightweight especially our creative players like Silva, Nasri, Sergio etc perhaps the heavier pitches have a bearing on our perfomances at this time of the year. Its a question not an opinion or excuse.

What i find laughable is posters coming on here saying Bobby should have signed him in the summer or his treatment of other squad players is this/that as if they had UEFA coaching badges. I'm sure if you sat down with the players who played yesterday and asked them why they performed the way they did they would be just as puzzled as us and the manager. The fact is it happens and its only our third defeat this season. Yes we haven't hit the heights we did last season but i suspect that this is a result of teams playing defensively at home as well as parking the bus at our place.

What i found unusual about last night was Southampton actually took the game to us which put us on the backfoot, as did Liverpool, exposing Garcia and Lescottt. Bobby has identified the solution to this by wanting to sign players, especially wide ones, with pace to catch out teams on the break. This is the reason we were allegedly in for Alexis Sanchez.

There is no doubt Bobby was let down by the Club in the summer particularly failing to sign Hazard and Van Persie. So in that respect, in my opinion, the blame doesn't fall on Bobbys shoulders but firmly at the feet of Khaldoon. I just hope for all our sakes that he gets the support he does deserve in the summer and we can all end this monthly/weekly/daily pantomime that goes on on this forum surrounding the managers future. Bobby should be here for the long haul, he's earnt that chance but Khaldoon needs to pull his finger out and give the manager the right tools to do the job. He identified all the issues that would bite us on the arse this season in trying to defend the title and was given one solution, Nastisic. Here's hoping for the summer.

its not just because of the defeat yesterday why people are questioning the manager! we have been poor all season! we're the champions but sadly we play like relegation battlers we are way to defensive and players like to express themselves but mancini does'nt let them we counter attack like a group of old age pensioners we pull all our players back for corners without leaving a player up front we lack ideas at breaking teams down movement is poor and we play really slow tempo always passing between the back four its depressing to say the least i want exciting football at the etihad that keeps you on the edge of your seat not watching how many times the back four can pass it to yaya and back in a match. mancini has quite simply been caught out as a decent coach with a great squad.he lacks tactical skills and is set in his ways with no plan b and teams have picked up on that! he has to go for the sake of our club which comes first always. he's a nice man but too many people being to loyal after last years success. he talked to monaco behind city's back because they would'nt give him another 200 million for the squad but lets be fair to the owners they've pumped nearly a billion into our club for sucess and sadly i think mancini is no longer the man to bring it...

Joe hart's itchy scalp said:
Would they have dared to play like that under mourinho?

They have picked up a bit of form just in time for the Champions League game.

mostonbluemark said:
Kept off the forum for as long as i could after yesterday knowing Bluemoon would be in meltdown. No doubt last night was poor, unusually poor, compared to what we have been used to over the last couple of years. I recall this time last year when we struggled around the same time and i suspect its because we are a little lightweight especially our creative players like Silva, Nasri, Sergio etc perhaps the heavier pitches have a bearing on our perfomances at this time of the year. Its a question not an opinion or excuse.

What i find laughable is posters coming on here saying Bobby should have signed him in the summer or his treatment of other squad players is this/that as if they had UEFA coaching badges. I'm sure if you sat down with the players who played yesterday and asked them why they performed the way they did they would be just as puzzled as us and the manager. The fact is it happens and its only our third defeat this season. Yes we haven't hit the heights we did last season but i suspect that this is a result of teams playing defensively at home as well as parking the bus at our place.

What i found unusual about last night was Southampton actually took the game to us which put us on the backfoot, as did Liverpool, exposing Garcia and Lescottt. Bobby has identified the solution to this by wanting to sign players, especially wide ones, with pace to catch out teams on the break. This is the reason we were allegedly in for Alexis Sanchez.

There is no doubt Bobby was let down by the Club in the summer particularly failing to sign Hazard and Van Persie. So in that respect, in my opinion, the blame doesn't fall on Bobbys shoulders but firmly at the feet of Khaldoon. I just hope for all our sakes that he gets the support he does deserve in the summer and we can all end this monthly/weekly/daily pantomime that goes on on this forum surrounding the managers future. Bobby should be here for the long haul, he's earnt that chance but Khaldoon needs to pull his finger out and give the manager the right tools to do the job. He identified all the issues that would bite us on the arse this season in trying to defend the title and was given one solution, Nastisic. Here's hoping for the summer.

Whilst not disagreeing with your points the team we had out last night should have been more than capable of handling Southampton. Of course it doesn't always work out like that but it was the manner in which we lost that is the concern more so than the actual losee itself. Mancini afterwards expressed the opinion that next week there will be changes and only players who want to fight will be in the team. So i'm guessing it's going to be Vinny, Zabba and Milner v Leeds on they're own.

mostonbluemark said:

So much wrong with this post I dont where to start.

mostonbluemark said:

I agree with that, although a little bit is guesswork

I like Rodwell and Garcia but we needed something extra in the attacking third because that is where we have been weaker all season. Tevez started very strongly but his form has dipped alarmingly and he's unrecognisable from the player we knew. I don't believe that is Mancini's fault, and i am very surprised that after last season we put our eggs in the Tevez and Balotelli basket. It could well be that that was Mancini's fault or it could have been Khaldoon's. It's not clear who has responsibility for what, but what is clear is that £50m has never been spent so badly and it's why were are here now having this discussion

mostonbluemark said:

how can you say that after all the money they have poured into our club disgracefull thing to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.