Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

zeven said:
waspish said:
Mancini wants to go home...

Fair enough but we should be going for a manager better that Pellegrini!
Why did he sign a new contract last year if he wanted to go home?

source with qoutes would be nice.

No idea something in his family life has changed

peoffrey said:
mammutly said:
The question is whether the club are willing or able to match the ambition of the manager.

Our Owner has enough money and our Board have the experience to match any ambition.

Well it didn't happen last year, did it.

We got second option players in at the very last minute. From June onwards, Mancini made a number of public statements expressing his frustration about the lack of progress in the transfer market.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Look - he is categorically NOT being sacked. I can assure you of that. But unless something dramatic happens then it looks like he won't be here next season.

Now work it out.

Theyre going to hire a hit man to pop him off ??

zeven said:
how much did he won with Madrid? Mancini has proved hes a winner both with and without money,

the money argument is old and flaud. you can do better

Madrid's highest ever points total in La Liga and signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso.

I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
peoffrey said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
If Mancini is sacked rather than walks then I will consider knocking it on the head.

This is how fucked off I am about this.

Please can someone give me a resume of the last 40 pages?

Don't knock it on the head. For all we know, Mancini may not share their vision anymore and might fancy a new challenge.

I just hope all this talk of Mancini resigning is just that - talk.

May sound really sad but I actually am really grateful to Mancini for the pleasure he has brought us and for him just to walk will upset me.Not in a crying way,just in a "Why" kinda way.I for one will always always be grateful but there is no way Pellegrini is an upgrade.

Sacking Mancini for him would be odd- he doesn't fall into the upgrade category for me. Unless it is all to do with working relationships.
It hasn't happened yet though, just betting patterns.

To knock it on the head seems a bit OTT? One change of manager and you stop going? Surely you don't prefer Mancini to city?

pudge said:
BlueDejong said:
ono said:
Pellegrini

Win percentage: 49.72%

Honours: Copa Chile (domestic cup), Ecuadorian Serie A title, 2 Argentinian League titles, 1 Copa Mercosur (Now pretty much Copa Sudamerica - South American equivalent of UEFA cup). Intertoto Cup winner (cluching at straws here)

Mancini

Win percentage: 56.41%

4 Coppa Italias, 3 Serie A titles, 2 Super Coppas, 1 Premier League Title, 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield.

Yeah you're right, let's get him in.

No kidding. Pellegrini always managed poor teams.
Real Madrid called, they wanted me to tell you "lol"
City were midtable team when Mancini become our manager too

peoffrey said:
zeven said:
how much did he won with Madrid? Mancini has proved hes a winner both with and without money,

Madrid's highest ever points total in La Liga and signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso.

I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.
To be fair, those players you have mentioned weren't exactly gambles that happened to pay off.

mammutly said:

We got second option players in at the very last minute. From June onwards, Mancini made a number of public statements expressing his frustration about the lack of progress in the transfer market.

Marwood was responsible for signing Van Persie or De Rossi and Marwood brought neither in. He's since been moved on and been replaced by a more able man.<br /><br />-- Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm --<br /><br />
pudge said:
peoffrey said:
zeven said:

To be fair, those players you have mentioned weren't exactly gambles that happened to pay off.

Lots of players flop at Clubs after big money moves before resurrecting their careers elsewhere. Pellegrini still had to attract them there and explain what he wanted from them.

peoffrey said:
ono said:
Pellegrini

Win percentage: 49.72%

Honours: Copa Chile (domestic cup), Ecuadorian Serie A title, 2 Argentinian League titles, 1 Copa Mercosur (Now pretty much Copa Sudamerica - South American equivalent of UEFA cup). Intertoto Cup winner (cluching at straws here)

Mancini

Win percentage: 56.41%

4 Coppa Italias, 3 Serie A titles, 2 Super Coppas, 1 Premier League Title, 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield.

Yeah you're right, let's get him in.

Pellegrini also doesn't have the funds at Malaga that Mancini has here. He's worked on a shoestring and also with money at Madrid.
Malaga went on a massive recruitment drive a few seasons ago. Their squad is probably in the top 5 in the league, and that's where they finished. And he didn't win the league with Madrid.

peoffrey said:
mammutly said:

Marwood was responsible for signing Van Persie or De Rossi and Marwood brought neither in. He's since been moved on and been replaced by a more able man.

-- Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm --

pudge said:
peoffrey said:

Lots of players flop at Clubs after big money moves before resurrecting their careers elsewhere. Pellegrini still had to attract them there and explain what he wanted from them.
You don't have to attract players to Real Madrid, also, Benzema took a while to find his feet (post Pellegrini for that matter, coincidence?) and Kaka's form is unrecognisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.