Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

Summerbuzz said:
Mancini's comments.... 'there will be time to talk about all this later'.

it's done.

I don't believe he would walk. I think the Spaniards don't want him, I think the Sheik is concerned about his CL performance and the spikier side of his personality. Maybe the feeling is just that we have has stagnated a touch, become over-regimented in our play, lost a bit of focus. Maybe the feeling is that our top targets are unsure about working for him. Maybe they sense he has become complacent, a bit arrogant. We don't know. Maybe they just want their man in. Doesn't mean it won't be good for us. It's a hard business and a hard life. We'll always look back on the trophies, he will deserve total respect for that... but it shouldn't stop the club from doing what might be right. I am a bit bored of our play, we are pretty but still somehow unexciting. We haven't really kicked on. My sense is that the team is playing very close indeed to the way Bob wants them to, and that has worried me for a while, as it suggests there isn't a lot more to come, when quite clearly we are not as effective as Utd in the league and struggle in Europe. we look too constricted. there has been a drop in motivation at points - maybe now all the rows have burned out we have lost a bit of fire. Maybe Bob's taken us as far as he can 'in this moment'.

Very well written, not saying I want him to go, but there are some valid points you make which are difficult to ignore.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pardoe said:
There are definitely a couple of Rags popping up in this thread, and it's not usually my style to go accusing posters, but y'know, it's pretty obvious. Have a look admins, will you?
Please enlighten us rag-hunter extraordinaire...

A certain poster above with barely any posts who's suddenly making very loud ones containing very obvious digs...

Milksheikh Mansour said:
whicko said:
Milksheikh Mansour said:
Grow up? Do you think the owners are happy sitting back and watching us finish double figure points behind the worst united side they have had for ten years dispite throwing endless amounts of money into the club?

We got knocked out of the league cup at home to Aston Villa.... Not Chelsea... Liverpool...united...spurs etc Aston Villa!

Champions league was disastrous and did us no favours. Failing to even beat Ajax the so called whipping boys of the group just doesn't sit well with me never mind the blokes who are dishing the cash out.

And rag? Don't think so fella I will be there inside wembley tomorrow supporting the boys but if you can't handle a decent debate then more fool you. If everyone's opinions were the same then the world would be shite!
We sent out a reserve team against Villa, chumps league we had the two semi finalists in our group and I will also be in the stadium tomorrow supporting the lads.

Correct but we finished rock bottom below Ajax which isn't good at all especially for future seasons when we get seeded fella... And good man lets have a top day.
Hope so, enjoy!

whicko said:
Milksheikh Mansour said:
Milksheikh Mansour said:
I love Bobby too pieces and his trophy record is brilliant but for the owners to make us a worthwhile investment we have to be the best there is and that means make it on the European stage and Bobby has failed now 5 times. 3 with inter Milan and twice with us.

The year after he left inter Mourinho won the treble with virtually the same side Mancini had. He's a good manager but not a great one. Will always be a City legend and an idol of mine but we've gone as far as we can in my opinion and barring this cup run (a easy cup run bar Chelsea) this season has been pathetic and I can see where the owners are coming from.

Also those saying the sheikh should fuck off? Get some sleep as you sound pathetic. Football is a ruthless game and they have put enough money into our club to decide what they think is best. They came and rescued us from being a shite side for the foreseeable future, I didn't see Mancini running to our savour when we have willo flood and Sibierski running around.
This season has not been pathetic, second in league and potential FA Cup winners is not pathetic, fucking grow up RAG.

Grow up? Do you think the owners are happy sitting back and watching us finish double figure points behind the worst united side they have had for ten years dispite throwing endless amounts of money into the club?

We got knocked out of the league cup at home to Aston Villa.... Not Chelsea... Liverpool...united...spurs etc Aston Villa!

Champions league was disastrous and did us no favours. Failing to even beat Ajax the so called whipping boys of the group just doesn't sit well with me never mind the blokes who are dishing the cash out.

And rag? Don't think so fella I will be there inside wembley tomorrow supporting the boys but if you can't handle a decent debate then more fool you. If everyone's opinions were the same then the world would be shite!

if our owners arent happy they will never be happy. IF this isn the pattern of things to come we will end up like chelsea sacking managers regardless of succes on the pitch. We cant win the league every year and most teams have only won the champions league a couple of times in 50 odd years. How can anyone complain

Regardless of what he has achieved at City and what we fans think of him , his criticism of Marwood at the start of this season hasn't helped one bit.

An un-named member of this board told me a few months ago he worked for the 2 Spaniards. He told me they occasionally imparted inside knowledge on city to him. He told me at the time that it was 50/50 between Mancini and Pellegrini as Mancini was continuing to alienate people around him, a specific example being Kidd, with whom he rarely speaks.

At the time I didn't think much of the information. Tonight I hope it's untrue.

If what the person told me was true, and the news tonight is true, I guess Mancini continued to piss people off.

Real shame, potentially 3 trophies in 3 years. I realise there's the European performances and the money wasted on mediocre players but with bacon stepping down it feels like this will be a step backwards.

What have the Spaniards got lined up next? Wasn't it something about booting people out of their season ticket seats to the highest bidder?

Brill.

rastus said:
Milksheikh Mansour said:
whicko said:
This season has not been pathetic, second in league and potential FA Cup winners is not pathetic, fucking grow up RAG.

You type like a Rag

Silly comment that to make mate. Just because I give an honest view towards the season doesn't make me a rag... I just think its been a poor season and I thought after the Southampton game the only way Mancini may save his job is if he wins the f.a cup. Like someone said he may be walking himself? Who knows.

Italian Manc said:
An un-named member of this board told me a few months ago he worked for the 2 Spaniards. He told me they occasionally imparted inside knowledge on city to him. He told me at the time that it was 50/50 between Mancini and Pellegrini as Mancini was continuing to alienate people around him, a specific example being Kidd, with whom he rarely speaks.

At the time I didn't think much of the information. Tonight I hope it's untrue.

If what the person told me was true, and the news tonight is true, I guess Mancini continued to piss people off.

Real shame, potentially 3 trophies in 3 years. I realise there's the European performances and the money wasted on mediocre players but with bacon stepping down it feels like this will be a step backwards.

What have the Spaniards got lined up next? Wasn't it something about booting people out of their season ticket seats to the highest bidder?

Brill.

so it was 50/50. In other words it was fkin bullshit.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Cheesy said:
Shaelumstash said:
Jim Tolmie, did you read my fucking post you ****? The average Blumooner is not going to click on page 200 of the Pelligrini thread. The whole purpose of starting a new thread was to draw attention to the startling new developments and make fans aware of the situation, and then the club aware of our take on it.

I bet you're an auditor or an accountant or something.

I don't think JT is the ****........

+1

+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.