Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
Hurrah! Its Cup Final day...oh wait

I called out Txiki for being an idiot earlier in the week and this fast growing PR balls up has me thinking of upgrading Txiki status to 'fucking idiot'.

Look I get that politically you and Ferran want to be top dogs and that replacing Mancini was always a strong possibility but for crying out loud Txiki the saga with Pellegrini has been handled with the finesse and subtlety of a teenager in his first visit to a brothel. Cook would have handled this better which is a measure of how badly this has been handled. Just one more week Txiki - hell another 48 hours would have been fine. But Cup final week and Cup final day? Do me a favour. If this turns out to be true then Txiki or Pellegrini's agent or whoever is blabbing this to the Spanish media have done the new guy no fucking favours whatsoever so way to go boys. Next time lock it down and control the story and its release. By the way if Mancini has got himself something lined up then ask him and his agent how to keep a story fucking quiet and make sure you take notes.

Anyway rant over..its Cup Final day!

Balague is reporting what Chile's state owned news network disclosed in February , that City have a verbal agreement with Pellegrini.
British media timing to publicise it just before the FA Cup is absolutely mischievous.

good read here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/3/4/4040610/potential-chelsea-fc-manager-manuel-pellegrini-tactics-formation-substitutions-profile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/ ... ns-profile</a>

First and foremost, Manuel Pellegrini is a class act. Always dressed in a dapper suit on the sideline, "El Ingeniero" (a civil engineer by training) is a gentleman on and off the pitch. Jose Mourinho he is not, and that is part of why Real Madrid let him go after taking a club-record 96 points in La Liga.

Tactics: He devised the now-typical 4-2-2-2 formation at Villarreal. It relies on wingbacks active in attack, stoppers in the midfield, and lots of play in space. Not quite tiki-taka, but a similar idea. I could see Juan Mata and Ramires having a field day down the wings.

Rotation policy: He likes to stick with a smaller squad of 14-15 players. Rotations tended to be at select positions, with the nucleus of the team intact. Pellegrini does not shy away from competition in the squad, however. He even famously benched Juan Román Riquelme, the greatest player in Villarreal history, for wanting too much control. Villarreal owner Fernando Roig supported Pellegrini to the point that Riquelme left for Boca Juniors, and the Yellow Submarine continued its string of high finishes in La Liga.

In-game management: Pellegrini was a master of in-game adjustments. He does not let substitutions burn a hole in his pocket, wanting to give players a chance to adapt to match dynamics. Soft-spoken by nature, I cannot imagine his halftime talks were any great shakes, but players listened to him.

Overall, Chelsea would be lucky to have such a great manager and human being. We miss him dearly -- things have not been the same since he left.

LoveCity said:
Balti said:
Perhaps he should cut his teeth somewhere else and see if he can improve on his 41% win rate?

His win rate in his only year at a top club was 75%, the highest in Real Madrid history.

Do you expect much higher than 41% at an asset stripped club with zero squad depth and balancing Champions League football (where they were one incorrect decision from the semi finals)?

I understand people may not want Pellegrini but it's looking likely he will be our new manager so calling him a 'twat' as some are is silly when he's likely to be named manager within days/weeks if this is all true. And we should support our managers.
He is fucking twat and if "god forbid" he becomes our manager, i do hope we show to the board what we think about it.
Do you really want us to be the new Chelsea? we will have to change manager every time we dont win the league

Perhaps Mancini won't be sacked for performance, but for his lack of integrating youth.

There is no point in spending hundreds of millions on an academy if the manager will only purchase expensive proven players. Perhaps that is also the reason Mourinho seemingly isn't being considered.

zeven said:
LoveCity said:
Balti said:
Perhaps he should cut his teeth somewhere else and see if he can improve on his 41% win rate?

His win rate in his only year at a top club was 75%, the highest in Real Madrid history.

Do you expect much higher than 41% at an asset stripped club with zero squad depth and balancing Champions League football (where they were one incorrect decision from the semi finals)?

I understand people may not want Pellegrini but it's looking likely he will be our new manager so calling him a 'twat' as some are is silly when he's likely to be named manager within days/weeks if this is all true. And we should support our managers.
He is fucking twat and if "god forbid" he becomes our manager, i do hope we show to the board what we think about it.
Do you really want us to be the new Chelsea? we will have to change manager every time we dont win the league

It would be unfair for us to hate Pellegrini would you expect him to turn the job down ?

zeven said:

Oh God, please grow up. Pellegrini isn't a "fucking twat", in fact he's known as one of the nicest managers around. You seem to be at that point where you support a manager over a club and if you believe protesting a new appointment will help, have a look at Chelsea's home record after Rafa took over and was abused by their fans (something our fans tend to be above - luckily you're not a match-goer or you might be an exception and we don't need fans booing our new coach).

We're nothing like Chelsea. It's obvious to anyone with common sense that this club does not make rash decisions. Everything is thought out. Mancini has been here 3 1/2 years, a lifetime in modern football. Ferguson and Wenger are anomalies, top clubs sack their managers... Bayern, the apparent model of all that is good and proper, have been through about three managers since Mancini came here. Are they Chelsea?

If Mancini is being sacked then the decision will have been made some time back after careful consideration. If, and this is something you over emotional girls seem to be completely dismissing, it's HIS decision to leave the club then City have no choice but to pursue a manager.

I'll be there today singing Mancini's name, I'll feel great sadness if he leaves and maybe even blame the onions for a lone tear streaming down my cheek, but I will also welcome Pellegrini with warm applause because I support Manchester City FC whoever the manager is. And Pellegrini is actually a good manager, but I'm not getting into that with a board full of people whose cultured views of football extend to viewing Pellegrini as a tired old man as opposed to the modern tactician who is years younger than the guy about to take Bayern Munich to a treble (who himself hadn't been wheeling in trophies recently before returning to Bayern... sometimes a manager just needs the platform).

5955771451_f39274e142_z.jpg

I hope to god that mancini stays, at least for another season. He's up there with mercer in my opinion and will always be remembered by the supporters. however if powers at be think it's a time for a change then we need to hear the reason behind it, there has to be some logic other than we lost the league and not doing great in the Champions league. If the rumours are true about Pellegrini coming to City then I will welcome him and get behind the team.

Please, please I hope we don't end up like chelsea!

MANCINI, WAHOOOO MANCINI HE COMES FROM ITALY!!!

It really is about time we gave this a rest and wait until we hear something concrete from a Member of the Board,which I would suspect would come via Khaldoon.
For those thinking that a statement should be forthcoming,do you honestly believe that anything of that nature is going to happen before 7.00 pm later today,irrespective of whether its a positive or negative one,depending on your stance ??

zeven said:
LoveCity said:
Balti said:

Jeez. From everything I've read even before this story came out, Pellegrini is a true gentleman. He even avoids commenting on other clubs and players out of respect.

Go ahead with whatever criticism you want to level at the board, but FFS don't go after Pellegrini at least until he actually gets hired and we've seen his team play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.