Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Drewmanc said:
Yes of course I know what I'm saying - maybe not in the league, but a dreadful pre season and spine of the team saying they can't work with him would suffice!!

I think the spade work will have been done for many months to establish if Pellegrini, or whoever, can work with this current team, what his skill set is.

A dreadful pre-season would just carry a hangover into the league.

You've started watching City around the same time as myself, so c'mon, we've not really had much to compare Mancini with.

People come and go, City is the one constant, good times and bad.

Very true tolm, but having just finished reading 'I'm not really here' I do feel we should show him loyalty - like we, the fans have shown the club through good times and bad and to be fair Mancini has brought me ALL the happiest memories from supporting the club (I obv still hold dear the Gillingham game etc!!). Of course there's no room for sentimentality in football but RM hasn't failed - if anything he excelled too soon into his contract!!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
hallstreetblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Following that promotion in '66 Mercer's teams finished an average of 10th in the First Division iirc.

So you'd rather not have all them trophies (won on a big fook off budget of ROCK ALL) in the history books? Mercer was just a twat with a hat then! Now I'm gettin wound up! CALM!
I was merely pointing out a fact to you. Do facts wind you up?

Also, I think he looked quite natty in a hat.

No mate, I'm all for facts, that's why I listed a few of them above :)
So how about; "You're absolutely bang on hallstreetblue, however, following that promotion in '66, Mercer's teams finished an average of 10th in the First Division"?

Sounds much better that ;)

Shaelumstash said:
If this wasn't true the club would have come out and denied it by now and backed the manager.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the football club. Proud of the players and the manager and his staff, but whoever has decided to sack him is a fucking disgrace.

This. Only this.

Every time we have a big game apparently someone is off. Last season leading upto the QPR game Yaya was off to Barca GMR was reporting. I woul imgine the sheik is very happy with Roberto considering Roberto was the only person who said the squad lacked something. Last summers transfers were abysmal.

MaineRoadBlue said:
bernarbia said:
The amount of glee in here for sacking our best manager ever genuinely sickens me.

Best manager ever? Really?

Yes, without doubt. In the days of Mercer you could lose 10 games a season and still be champions. In fact there were several seasons when as many as 4 or 5 teams (different teams incidentally) could win the league on the final day. Also in 69, after winning the league the year previously, we were only mid table.

If you want to go back to 37, then the following year we were bloody relegated.

In short, this is the most tough league to win and Mancini and his staff have done us proud. Another point to consider here is what would happen to Platt, Kidd and the rest of the backroom staff?

There is no need for a new manager, and those that call for it are rather like the mongs who feel compelled to change their phone every 12 months in some insane belief it will make their phone calls and texts better.

In short, we have the ideal manager to exploit the void of Baconface and with a little luck in the transfer window we will stand a good chance of taking the title again.

If, and I hope not, we are stupid enough to dispense of Mancini, Platt and Kidd and appoint Pellegrini we could struggle to make top 3 next year bearing in mind the strength of Chelsea under Mourinho,Spurs, Arsenal and United, Also Rodgers at Liverpool will be stronger.

All in all, if this proposal was brought to any business minded person on Dragon's Den then it would get a massive 'I'm Out'

Absolute Stupidity demonstrated and circulated as a good idea by morons!

In fact, this has City's version of Spurs Juande Ramos stamped all over it. Fucking Disaster!

Exactly,discussing the situation with fellow blues yesterday and we all agreed it has a very good chance of being mistake of Juande Ramos proportions. Mancini is by no means perfect but Pellegrini is in no way an upgrade on him. Very worried about this,I really think it will backfire.

Shaelumstash said:
If this wasn't true the club would have come out and denied it by now and backed the manager.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the football club. Proud of the players and the manager and his staff, but whoever has decided to sack him is a fucking disgrace.

Yeah but then you end up going out evey time the write shite..Better to let them.. look the knuts they are.. in print!

In the last six months you [the media] have written everything. You started six or seven months ago with Pep [Guardiola], [José] Mourinho, Pellegrini, [Carlo] Ancelotti, Brendan Rodgers. I have four years left on my contract. I know that I work with SERIOUS people, like Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour [THE OWNER].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.