Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Dethred said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Doesn't matter if they pressed or not,we would have lost that game yesterday whatever tactics Mancini employed because the 11 fucking overpaid millionaires didn't want to try because they thought they would just have to turn up.
I am not going to get into name calling because it obviously floats your boat.

The line between those who get it, and those who just spout out the easiest explanation to a problem is becoming increasingly clear here. You're amongst those who just spout shit out without discussing why, how, where, or any variables.

Nevermind who hired, coached, and sent those 11 players out. Nevermind who took two of our best performing players off as soon as possible. Its not the guy who did those things, its just a bunch of lazy men out on a pitch floundering about.

Poor Mancini, if only those overpaid pros he hired, coached, and selected yesterday, actually gave a shit about the game. If only someone had saved Mancini from his own decisions.

haha..brilliant...so what happened against Chelsea,United at the swamp etc...
I get it alright that there are many fucking so called blues who just want to change managers for a few poor results. Ancient citizen called it spot on.Answer the fucking questions

oldius said:
If Pellegrini arrives he will get my complete support because, first and foremost, I am a City fan.

It has to be said though that, at Real, a runner up position and semi final does not constitute success.

How about a runner up and semi-final with Villareal? He had less than 12 months to build a Real team to play against what is widely considered the best club side in history. He lost the title by essentially one game.

Mancini won it on goal difference. I'd say Pellegrini has accomplished more in terms of the turnarounds and situations at clubs. No he's not won a title or a slew of cups, but he's done exceptionally well wherever he's gone.

Don't take it from me, take it from us having to rush into snapping him up before BARCE-FUCKING-LONA signed him.

rickmcfc said:
Dow anyone know what sort if football Pellegrini plays? It is attractive or boring shit?

Surely the question should be "Does anyone k ow how many trophies Pellegrini has won"

We all know that answer.

rickmcfc said:
Dow anyone know what sort if football Pellegrini plays? It is attractive or boring shit?

Surely the question should be "Does anyone k ow how many trophies Pellegrini has won"

We all know that answer.

We all know the answer to that mate, but it's pretty clear he is the man coming in, so in that case I will get behind him 100%. I'm just interested if anyone knows how he wants his football to be played. How have Malaga been playing this season. Is it attractive football?

In a perverse way this defeat could be a good thing. It was clear even before the match that Mancini was on his way. This defeat just makes Pellegrini eventually taking over a hell of a lot smoother. If we had of won the cup yesterday the Mancini lovers could have turned this into a Chelsea situation when Benitez arrived. Pellegrini needs fans support when he arrives and this defeat will ensure he receives it

United, Chelsea etc....will be laughin if Mancini stays. If he stays it would be the same again....crying for another 300m to spend so he can challenge for another league. All he does is throw money at his problems.

rickmcfc said:

We all know that answer.

By that metric, we should hire no manager that hasn't gone to another club and won a trophy there first?

The reasoning here is just astonishing. Between "he's not won anything" and "its the players fault, not the man who hired them, coached them, and sent them out onto the pitch with a tactical plan", I don't know what to think about some of you.

By your own shitty logic, Its Pellegrini's players faults that he hasn't won a title or much silverware, not his own!

The cookie monster said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
No the trophy cabinet is what has formed my opinion over the past 3 yrs about Mancini.
We lost a game of football to Wigan. Do you think we have a god given right to just win every fucking game?? I won't say what I am thinking.

This is what makes me laugh about you. Straw man arguments all the time. Completely ignore the debate about repeated tactical ineptitude against the same types of teams playing the same way, and try and turn it into one about fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game. Well, no, of course we don't. Any team can lose a football match, but coming up short against every team that employs a high press, and has a bit of pace and width (Southampton, Liverpool, Dortmund, Swansea, Madrid, Ajax, Everton), is a different matter. FFS, we even had a dress rehearsal against Wigan 3 weeks ago, so we knew exactly what to expect, and yet we were still totally unprepared. Thankfully our owners aren't quite as blind......

What did you think yesterday when you seen our starting 11?

I thought Milner should have started (and said so on here beforehand), and that was certainly vindicated by that hippy on the left being far less of a problem once Jimbo was in place to help Zab. Left midfield has been far more of a problem all season, as Silva and Nasri both have previous for leaving Clichy exposed, and whilst I wouldn't have detailed either of them to have adopted a far more defensive role than usual from the off, I would certainly have changed it during the game. Gotze in the Dortmund home game aside, I don't think I've ever seen Clichy get so comprehensively raped by an opposition player as he did by McManaman (a player I hope we're looking at by the way), and I was speechless that Mancini did nothing at any stage to stem the flow down that side.
The other concern with the starting XI was Barry, whose track record against mobile tenacious opponents detailed to press him, has been relentlessly catastrophic all season, and as soon as he began to tire, I would have hoicked him for Rodwell.
As to other post start changes, perhaps 20 minutes for Dzeko would have been an idea? There was no way through the middle all day, and the times we sent over aimless crosses to no-one in the 2nd half was nobody's business. Easy in hindsight I suppose, but I'm not paid £6m a year to provide answers, Roberto Mancini is.

rickmcfc said:

We all know that answer.

How many trophies had Martinez win with Wigan before yesterday?
Just goes to show the better manager doesn't necessarily have the biggest trophy cabinet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.