Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

George Hannah said:
more from 100% Duncan

Roberto Mancini attacks Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini agrees to take over as coach.

After an FA Cup Final tactical humiliation at the hands of relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic, Roberto Mancini is expected to lose his position as manager of Manchester City. The Abu Dhabi-owned club say they will formally review the Italian's performance when a Premier League season in which they ceded the trophy to Manchester United ends next week; behind the scenes a contract has already been placed before Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini.

According to sources close to the deal, Pellegrini has verbally agreed to take over from Mancini once City exercise a €4million clause in his contract with the Champions League quarter-finalists. “I don’t think any of us really want to leave Malaga,” said Pellegrini yesterday. “Everyone would prefer to stay but, unfortunately, the circumstances we are in don’t allow that.”

It is understood that City exchanged contracts with Pellegrini's lawyers last week though the those have yet to be formally signed. Inherently conservative in their approach to such matters, that City accelerated their courtship of the Chilean in FA Cup Final is a response to competing interest from Barcelona.

Early last week, Barcelona asked to be informed of Pellegrini's intentions for next season amidst internal concerns over Tito Vilanova's ability to continue as coach. When City learned of Barca's approach they immediately moved to avoid losing the South American to the La Liga champions-elect.

City's board met on Saturday morning, with senior officials declining to confirm or deny that a deal was now in place with Pellegrini. They did, though, recognise that Mancini's performance was under review following a season in which the Premier League's most expensively assembled and best paid squad was knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and meekly ceded the domestic title.

City's Spanish executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain have been preparing to replace Mancini as manager for months now. In February, The Sunday Times revealed that the pair had informed Pellegrini he was their preferred candidate after double Champions League winner Pep Guardiola chose to join Bayern Munich ahead of City.

Read more here (£): <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundayti.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundayti..</a>. about 7 hours ago

Please be true!

Had that been Chelsea or Arsenal or the Rags and this board would have been full of talk of a manager on his way out the door having lost the dressing room, yet we still have some who wont have any of it and refuse to see what is actually happening in front of our eyes.

The players yesterday were a fucking disgrace and lets not try to sugar-coated that but this is football and the manager carries the can for his teams performances or lack of in this case.

No width, no pace, no plan B and as of yesterday, no fucking desire.

I am the Underminer.....
5141385766_f2efc6c28e.jpg

Txiki Begiristain introduces himself at Manchester City...

Mods: Why are there two threads with exactly the same title?

So we are giving up on a manager who spent a fortune, to take us from a mid table team to champions and FA cup wieners in a 6 team league to a manager...

Who spent a fortune to take a top 2 side in 2 team league to second

Exeter Blue I am here said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Benarbia said:
So the post doesn't change your view point whatsoever on Mancini and his tactics? Then I suggest you read it again

No the trophy cabinet is what has formed my opinion over the past 3 yrs about Mancini.
We lost a game of football to Wigan. Do you think we have a god given right to just win every fucking game?? I won't say what I am thinking.

This is what makes me laugh about you. Straw man arguments all the time. Completely ignore the debate about repeated tactical ineptitude against the same types of teams playing the same way, and try and turn it into one about fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game. Well, no, of course we don't. Any team can lose a football match, but coming up short against every team that employs a high press, and has a bit of pace and width (Southampton, Liverpool, Dortmund, Swansea, Madrid, Ajax, Everton), is a different matter. FFS, we even had a dress rehearsal against Wigan 3 weeks ago, so we knew exactly what to expect, and yet we were still totally unprepared. Thankfully our owners aren't quite as blind......

Doesn't matter if they pressed or not,we would have lost that game yesterday whatever tactics Mancini employed because the 11 fucking overpaid millionaires didn't want to try because they thought they would just have to turn up.
I am not going to get into name calling because it obviously floats your boat.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Benarbia said:
So the post doesn't change your view point whatsoever on Mancini and his tactics? Then I suggest you read it again

No the trophy cabinet is what has formed my opinion over the past 3 yrs about Mancini.
We lost a game of football to Wigan. Do you think we have a god given right to just win every fucking game?? I won't say what I am thinking.

This is what makes me laugh about you. Straw man arguments all the time. Completely ignore the debate about repeated tactical ineptitude against the same types of teams playing the same way, and try and turn it into one about fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game. Well, no, of course we don't. Any team can lose a football match, but coming up short against every team that employs a high press, and has a bit of pace and width (Southampton, Liverpool, Dortmund, Swansea, Madrid, Ajax, Everton), is a different matter. FFS, we even had a dress rehearsal against Wigan 3 weeks ago, so we knew exactly what to expect, and yet we were still totally unprepared. Thankfully our owners aren't quite as blind......

Well said !

Plus 1

I wouldn't waste any breath on the Ostrich brigade,they are ridiculously narrow minded through emotional attachment and an acceptance of mediocracy.

Its painfully obvious Mancini is out of his depth,subsequently,
giving him another season will simply produce more of the same tactically inept and soulless performances that we have witnessed for much of this year.

Like any Blue,i crave consistency and stability but certainly not at the expense of performance and expectation.

Unfortunately Mancini is not the man to fully realise our potential and ambitions,he has played his part well and that will not be forgotten,however,its now time for him to go.

grim up north said:
So we are giving up on a manager who spent a fortune, to take us from a mid table team to champions and FA cup wieners in a 6 team league to a manager...

Who spent a fortune to take a top 2 side in 2 team league to second

why is that such an achievement for city fans!

You have world class players. Ancelotti did the same thing at Chelsea with similar players and won as much as Mancini has in just 1 season....

Losing in an fa cup final 2 wigan is unforgivable imo. It's not like it was a one off game, it was a final and you lost to a team that will probably be relegated!
Mancini's tactics and subs were a major reason for this. Nasri and Tevez should never have went off. Mancini is an overrated manager.
If you have him next year, you'll be exiting the CL, in the group stages again.

Martinez pissed on Mancini's chips
Tactically, he was humiliated
Sick of MCFC fans who are blinkered
If the attitude is ''stick Pellegrini up your arse'' then they are happy for club to regress.
Ferran and Txixi have been brought in an should be given ultimate freedom to change it
You need to break eggs to make the omelette.
Pellegrini is a better tactician and man manager than Bobby.
I have no doubt he will improve us
Most fans don't look to far from the Premier League.
Let's hope for a summer of sweeping change
In hindsight yesterday could be the catalyst for a new era of success
Here's hoping!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.