Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

BobKowalski said:
Marvin said:
BobKowalski said:
I am sure Khaldoon is the real deal. I am sure he enjoyed the media shitstorm immensely yesterday. Made us look like real professionals.

Look you can spin it how you like but the negotations with Pellegrini hit the press in February and its been an open secret ever since. I chatted to Castles a month or so back about it and it was common knowledge that we were talking to the guy. Whether it meant Mancini was going/quitting or if it was a back up plan no one knew for sure but we were not 'working quietly and behind the scenes' when it came to Pellegrini. We were front and centre and having boozy lunches with his agent in Cup Final week for the world and his wife to see (still pisses me off fucking idiot).

Anyway what's done is done. You can blow smoke up Ferran and Txiki's arse if you like but yesterday was a PR balls up off the pitch and bloody worse on the pitch
A horrible back-drop to the game.

Not really sure what you mean by boozy lunches. How do you know the purpose of such discussions. A couple of glasses of wine is not the issue. It's the open nature of an approach while City are building up to a Cup Final that would be a problem. But this is all conjecture?

I don't know the purpose of the discussion. They could have been swapping recipes for all I know. What matters is what people think the meeting is about and report accordingly. Given we are employing Pellegrini the best course of action is to give his agent a wide berth in public so as not to invite speculation. If Txiki needed to talk to the guy he can use the bloody phone. Back when people used to employ me I tended not to have meetings with prospective employers in the coffee shop across the road from where I actually worked. People notice stuff like that.
You have the advantage of knowing what you are talking about then. I read thus stuff in the papers and don't know what to believe.

I am somewhat encouraged that we have got our man. Had it been all for nothing than that really would have taken the biscuit.

I'll know if you are right by next weekend at the latest as surely City will be duty bound to announce this

I´m neither and "inner" or an "outer" but I noted that since about Christmas Mancini have looked deflated, to me that speaks of a man having his mind somewhere else.

Might be nothing of course..

I am one of the biggest Mancini supporters going, but even I am starting to believe we will see change in the next few weeks now.

Guillem Balague posted on his Twitter yesterday:

The City decision 2 appoint Pellegrini, based on performance not results (i.e.,winning Cup). All football decisions should be taken that way

This comments pretty much sums up for me what Begiristain might be thinking in appointing a new manager.

There is only so long you can go having bad performances but grinding out results, yesterdays loss and the way we have overall been performing this season leading us to lose the title pathetically could be seen as a start for something bad, and maybe Txiki is seeing this before we possibly start seeing worse situations.

If we are to get a new manager then Pellegrini would be a pick for me, the other two who interest me would be Mourinho or Klopp.

However, Mourinho is a circus whose management model does not work under a DOF, and Klopp, whilst being the manager of the moment, I do think if that Dortmund goal was deemed offside during the Malaga game, we would be talking about how Pellegrini is the wizard of the moment..

Mancini will just continue to win trophies elsewhere, Pellegrini will continue to be nearly man. If the board really wanted Mancini gone they should have told him, Bayern handled their change over with finesse.

sam-caddick said:
I am one of the biggest Mancini supporters going, but even I am starting to believe we will see change in the next few weeks now.

The City decision 2 appoint Pellegrini, based on performance not results (i.e.,winning Cup). All football decisions should be taken that way

This comments pretty much sums up for me what Begiristain might be thinking in appointing a new manager.

There is only so long you can go having bad performances but grinding out results, yesterdays loss and the way we have overall been performing this season leading us to lose the title pathetically could be seen as a start for something bad, and maybe Txiki is seeing this before we possibly start seeing worse situations.

If we are to get a new manager then Pellegrini would be a pick for me, the other two who interest me would be Mourinho or Klopp.

However, Mourinho is a circus whose management model does not work under a DOF, and Klopp, whilst being the manager of the moment, I do think if that Dortmund goal was deemed offside during the Malaga game, we would be talking about how Pellegrini is the wizard of the moment..

Bold is spot on.

gelly said:
Mancini will just continue to win trophies elsewhere, Pellegrini will continue to be nearly man. If the board really wanted Mancini gone they should have told him, Bayern handled their change over with finesse.

Bayern didn't tell Heynckes anything, he was told that by press!

sam-caddick said:

And this, I do say with a certain satisfaction, is a drum I bang whenever we play shit and get the three points anyway, amidst a sea of "3 points is all that matters", and "Rags have won trophies playing like that for years". If you don't address the problems in performance when the results stop (or culminate as they did yesterday in failing during a cup fucking final), everyone is left scratching their heads blaming all and sundry.

I really hate to say it but in the premier league you need width and pace, United always play a diamond 4-4-2 with wingers and look at the success they have had. Sometimes they haven't even had the worlds best players but a manager in SAF that demands the best always.

I agree with what someone on here said about Mancini he doesn't use his players to their strengths he tries to adopt them into his way of playing and tries to change them to satisfy his own style because he thinks he knows best. All the world class players he has signed look average at the moment.

IMO we just need to start playing with wingers and if Mancini doesn't feel comfortable in doing that then he is limited and needs to go. A few weeks back Sinclair got 10 mins on the pitch can't remember who against but he was easily our best player in only 10 mins that he got. Same with AJ last season we look much more menacing when we have those wide players.

Playing Nasri and Silva together is just like playing Lampard and Gerrard together, passing backwards and forwards but neither have enough space to do anything, far too similar.

The team we should have played this season IMO with wingers:

Hart (GK)
Zab (RB) Kompany (CB) Nastasic (CB) Clichy (LB)
Garcia/Barry (DM)
Milner (RW) Sinclair (LW)
Silva/Nasri/Toure (AM)
Tevez (ST) Aguero (ST)

As you can see Nasri, Silva and Toure are too similar and shouldn't be on the pitch together. Ideally we need a better holding mid too in the same mold as NDJ, Barry isn't goo enough and neither is Garcia.

Probably me. There has been so much speculation about Mancini over the last 2 years that I'm reluctant to believe any of it

It does appear to be true - given the silence from City, but I'm reluctant to criticise people at the club on the basis of the rumour mill which has so often proved to be wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.