Mancini Protest

moomba said:
Rags won the title Last season with 5 points from 6 matches against the other top 4 sides.

To suggest that we can't win the title because of our tactics against the top sides doesn't cut it with me I'm afraid. Under Mancini we have 4 points from 3 matches (2 of them away) against the top 3.

How about our set up against Hull away (L) Sunderland away (D) we've relied too much on individual brilliance at times imo, as opposed to the correct strategy.

When we've opened up more, in recent times; Wigan/Brum/Burnley we've reaped rewards.

BillyShears said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Excellent response!

BLUE ARMY!

Indeed. There's little point in reasoning with you, as all reason is clearly lost on you. I figure the only language you'll understand is the pig ignorant language of assumption which you train on anyone who disagrees with you...

I await your next "PMSL" response with baited breath rag.

Have you applied for the job to feed Stevie's new shark as "reported" by the Mirror?

hilts said:
shadygiz said:
and another crap cheap attempt at a put down....if you cant handle my opinion that your clutching at straws then fine, but no need to resort to belittling tactics....get a life

when does typing LOL on its own become an opinion? i do believe that was a belittling reply to my post sunshine

if, like you say, LOL isnt an opinion, then how can it even be a belittling reply :S

GStar said:
moomba said:
Rags won the title Last season with 5 points from 6 matches against the other top 4 sides.

To suggest that we can't win the title because of our tactics against the top sides doesn't cut it with me I'm afraid. Under Mancini we have 4 points from 3 matches (2 of them away) against the top 3.

How about our set up against Hull away (L) Sunderland away (D) we've relied too much on individual brilliance at times imo, as opposed to the correct strategy.

When we've opened up more, in recent times; Wigan/Brum/Burnley we've reaped rewards.

Against Hull you have a point, not against Sunderland though where on another day we would of won easily with the chances we created.

I think in the early part of Mancini's reign he was getting to know the players and the system suited best for them, once he found that out i don't think he thought we could be successful if we were an out and out attacking side as we were'nt under Hughes, he's picked a gameplan and a system that suits the players best and that is a counter attacking side, soak up the pressure, control the game and break. Against the lesser sides it works, it doesn't always work against the top sides which is why playing the same system and having the same gameplan, it worked against Chelsea but didn't against the rags at home.

There wouldn't be too many players he would keep if he had time and finance to build his own side.

shadygiz said:
hilts said:
when does typing LOL on its own become an opinion? i do believe that was a belittling reply to my post sunshine

if, like you say, LOL isnt an opinion, then how can it even be a belittling reply :S

from my point of view its a reply from someone who doesnt have an arguement against the point, from your point of view it probably makes you think it is a witty retort only bettered by Oscar Wilde

GStar said:
moomba said:

You make out like the other team doesn't have a say in it. We've opened up more because the game situation merits it, maybe the other team chases a goal and leaves gaps at the back.

And sometimes (particularly against Hull) tactics don't count for anything when the players don't get the basics right like passing to a blue shirt. I sometimes wonder if people ever go away from a match thinking we dropped points, not due to a tactical disaster or conspiracy but because the players on the other team simply played as well or better than the players from our team. It does happen.

[quote="Immaculate PastaAgainst Hull you have a point, not against Sunderland though where on another day we would of won easily with the chances we created.

I think in the early part of Mancini's reign he was getting to know the players and the system suited best for them, once he found that out i don't think he thought we could be successful if we were an out and out attacking side as we were'nt under Hughes, he's picked a gameplan and a system that suits the players best and that is a counter attacking side, soak up the pressure, control the game and break. Against the lesser sides it works, it doesn't always work against the top sides which is why playing the same system and having the same gameplan, it worked against Chelsea but didn't against the rags at home.

There wouldn't be too many players he would keep if he had time and finance to build his own side.[/quote]

Gordon had a blinder but it took us 70mins to get going... if we're not good enough to be an attacking side, then what were the Wigan/Brum/Burnley results!?

As i mentioned with Chelsea, three managers have managed basicaly the same squad, i'd suggest we allpack up and go home if Mancini wants to make whole sale changes. The core of our squad is being developed, we needed continuous tweaking and replenishment... not whole sale changes imo. We've already proved were almost if not already there.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but if we do slip up against Villa I really hope the fans stay onside in the ground. It will leave a sour taste if the season finishes in recrimination when we've played so well. I feel an element of our support are their own worse enemies at the moment

You've got a right to your opinion when you pay your money to support your club, but it's sometimes destructive and has been in the past.......remember the poisonous atmospheres at Maine Rd as were relegated from the Premiership to the 2nd division. My point is that this is the time for the fans to play their part.

GStar said:
hilts said:
arsenal are a better side than us and spurs in my view have a more balanced team

We've taken 4 points off them this season and at no point have they outclassed us imo. I don't think Spurs have a more balanced side either: Bale, a LB has been playing LM, Modric, a CAM has been playing LM, Assou Ekotto a LB has been playing RB.

We have players in every position that would get into a top 6 squad, with a few that would/have got into a top 4 team...

Even then, that wasn't my main point... my main point was i think we're now of the quality to out and face any team with the belief we can win... home or away.

if you accept that it ideal for a team to have pace(lennon) vision(modric) passing(huddlestone) and legs(palacios) i would say spurs have a more balanced midfiled, we are two great midfileders away from being a very good side, mancini knows this hughes didnt, sometimes you lose because the players arent good enough, wht everyone always seems to think its tactics is wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.