Mancini Protest

hilts said:
shadygiz said:
if, like you say, LOL isnt an opinion, then how can it even be a belittling reply :S

from my point of view its a reply from someone who doesnt have an arguement against the point, from your point of view it probably makes you think it is a witty retort only bettered by Oscar Wilde

hahah.....touche

i typed "LOL", as it was much easier than typing "hahaha, this is such bollocks and a first class example of back tracking".

that better??

moomba said:
You make out like the other team doesn't have a say in it. We've opened up more because the game situation merits it, maybe the other team chases a goal and leaves gaps at the back.

And sometimes (particularly against Hull) tactics don't count for anything when the players don't get the basics right like passing to a blue shirt. I sometimes wonder if people ever go away from a match thinking we dropped points, not due to a tactical disaster or conspiracy but because the players on the other team simply played as well or better than the players from our team. It does happen.

No i don't? Again your so one sided. If a stat backs up your opinion you'll use it, when presented with another, you side step it or dismiss it.

We're not talking about other teams anyway, were talking about the way we set up as a team, our philosophy on the pitch and the long term implications.

GStar said:
Gordon had a blinder but it took us 70mins to get going... if we're not good enough to be an attacking side, then what were the Wigan/Brum/Burnley results!?

As i mentioned with Chelsea, three managers have managed basicaly the same squad, i'd suggest we allpack up and go home if Mancini wants to make whole sale changes. The core of our squad is being developed, we needed continuous tweaking and replenishment... not whole sale changes imo. We've already proved were almost if not already there.

The Wigan/Brum/Burnley results were just us playing on form. We used the same tactics, the same gameplan, the only difference is that Bellamy, Adebayor, Tevez and Johnson were all on fire and even more important they were on fire as a collective set. Don't forget the Wigan game was frustrating for 70mins.

The difference with the Chelsea example you use is that those 3 managers managed a premier league title winning and one of the top 3 champions league squad, a bit different from one that finished 10th last season and is neck and neck with two other sides to finish 4th!

I'm not suggesting that Mancini will make wholesale changes straight away as that will disrput us even more, but in 2-3 years time if he is still here, alot of the current lot won't be here.

hilts said:
if you accept that it ideal for a team to have pace(lennon) vision(modric) passing(huddlestone) and legs(palacios) i would say spurs have a more balanced midfiled, we are two great midfileders away from being a very good side, mancini knows this hughes didnt, sometimes you lose because the players arent good enough, wht everyone always seems to think its tactics is wrong

Pace: Bellamy SWP
Vision: Johnson Ireland to an extent Barry
Passing: (I think Huddlestone is an awfull psser of the ball) Ireland Barry
Legs: De Jong Barry (but slow) Bellamy

IMO we have better quality all over the park and as strong a strength in depth.

I agree we could do with a CM/CAM but our players are good enough... easily.

shadygiz said:
hilts said:
from my point of view its a reply from someone who doesnt have an arguement against the point, from your point of view it probably makes you think it is a witty retort only bettered by Oscar Wilde

hahah.....touche

i typed "LOL", as it was much easier than typing "hahaha, this is such bollocks and a first class example of back tracking".

that better??

back tracking on what precisely?

GStar said:
No i don't? Again your so one sided. If a stat backs up your opinion you'll use it, when presented with another, you side step it or dismiss it.

Like what?

We're not talking about other teams anyway, were talking about the way we set up as a team, our philosophy on the pitch and the long term implications.

You're suggesting that our performances in some matches were better than others because we went into the games with a different philosophy. If you believe that, and if you believe that the opposition and match situation doesn't affect the way we approach things you're being a bit naive IMO.

Immaculate Pasta said:
The Wigan/Brum/Burnley results were just us playing on form. We used the same tactics, the same gameplan, the only difference is that Bellamy, Adebayor, Tevez and Johnson were all on fire and even more important they were on fire as a collective set. Don't forget the Wigan game was frustrating for 70mins.

The difference with the Chelsea example you use is that those 3 managers managed a premier league title winning and one of the top 3 champions league squad, a bit different from one that finished 10th last season and is neck and neck with two other sides to finish 4th!

I'm not suggesting that Mancini will make wholesale changes straight away as that will disrput us even more, but in 2-3 years time if he is still here, alot of the current lot won't be here.

Thats extremely unfair to put those performances down to "form". We changed our aproach, our set up... Mancini looked like we was getting the balance right.

Back to big teams, back to playing for a point. As i said yesterday, it was criminal we gave Silvestre/Campbell/Fabianski such as easy day. None of them are top half PL players, let alone top4 regulars.

Thats my point with Chelsea, quality is easier to manage, i don't think theres any doubt we have quality (not PL winning quality yet) so we shouldn't need wholesale changes. Theres no need to get rid of most of the squad because the majority of it are good enough for a top 4 team already.

To hear some people you'd think Mancini had inherited Stuart Pearce's City side...

I personally find it hard to believe that anyone would be so short sighted as to dismiss the idea that maybe the manager is a little too cautious against "strong" opposition...

hilts said:
shadygiz said:
hahah.....touche

that better??

back tracking on what precisely?

hilts said:
If we dont get fourth then it will be because the players werent good enough under hughes or mancini, in which case the blame goes to the guy who bought them in the first place which seems fair enough to me.

whilst i agree with you regarding the players pontential, it is up to the current manager to work with what he has.

as i said back tracking...so if mancini doesnt do what he was brought in and tasked to do then it will be someone elses fault?

bear in mind mancini was tasked with getting us into 4th this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.