"Mancini - Right or Wrong?"

Mancini was never given the plaudits from the media , simply because of the amount of money the club has spent. But he undertook probably the hardest job in football ,because of the expectations , and he delivered , no question about that.
Hes is the best manager I have seen at the club since Joe Mercer , and I couldn't give him more praise than that , but it appears he made enemies within the club notably Marwood and as soon as the results started to decline with some abject away performances he was a dead man walking
Roberto will never be forgotten for his achievements at our club , the new manager whether it be Mourinho,Pellegrini, Benitez has tough act to follow , and anything less than the premiership title next season , will probably mean another change of manager , which is totally wrong , because all clubs need continuity.
Personally I would rather see the club grow through youth and development and miss out on a few trophies (after all we had 35 years with nowt) than become the next Chelsea , but the club has changed since the investment , and trophies are the only criteria we will be judged on in the future. We could always show our disgust by creating a true football club called FC CITY , but that would be too ridiculous for words , only rag neandethals would consider that.

The strength and worth of the blog is the simplicity of expression and the clarity of the message, which is a reflection of great insight and intellect. So, great work.

I always believed that Mancini did a fantastic job in very difficult and as I put it, psychologically challenging circumstances in which his credibility is naturally and universally challenged because of the clubs resources. So I did not feel he deserved to be fired.

However this holistic approach angle and justification is something I have to agree with as a reality during Mancini's tenure at the club. He clearly did not have any empathy or respect for the complete project and intentions of the club in terms of paying attention and interest to the youth system and developing players. He seemed to be focused on just winning by harnessing ready made players and deemed this as being enough and acceptable. But since he was not able to win this year, coupled with the disappointing displays throughout the season, he had no ground to stand on.

I for one believe in and quite encouraged by this holistic concept of the owners as I see it as the only sustainable approach going forward so I commend the owners for this.

Notwithstanding, I am still disappointing that we let a good manager go after all he has achieved at the club, but such is life.

Well written and I agree including the sentiments it beholds.

In a few months we will mainly remember the positives about Mancini: likeble guy, a true winner, best dressed manager in the PL by far, bringing us the FA Cup and the title, a CS as well, and some fine wins over topteams and the scum with the 6-1 a forever highlight in that perspective. 13-5-2012 willl be my ever highlight as a City-fan and will not be beaten by a CL-win. Mancini was by no means a bad manager, he was a very good one who made the club step up big time. Now it's up to his successor to do the same.

Blueband Brother said:
The strength and worth of the blog is the simplicity of expression and the clarity of the message, which is a reflection of great insight and intellect. So, great work.

I always believed that Mancini did a fantastic job in very difficult and as I put it, psychologically challenging circumstances in which his credibility is naturally and universally challenged because of the clubs resources. So I did not feel he deserved to be fired.

However this holistic approach angle and justification is something I have to agree with as a reality during Mancini's tenure at the club. He clearly did not have any empathy or respect for the complete project and intentions of the club in terms of paying attention and interest to the youth system and developing players. He seemed to be focused on just winning by harnessing ready made players and deemed this as being enough and acceptable. But since he was not able to win this year, coupled with the disappointing displays throughout the season, he had no ground to stand on.

I for one believe in and quite encouraged by this holistic concept of the owners as I see it as the only sustainable approach going forward so I commend the owners for this.

Notwithstanding, I am still disappointing that we let a good manager go after all he has achieved at the club, but such is life.

Any mamager bar Wenger just doesn't have the time to do this. if they don't win trophies then they are gone and this applied to Mancini also.
If the the owners really want to achieve this then its a 3-5 year project but the owners bought MCFC for business reasons to promote and raise the profile of Abu Dhabi. This can only be achieved by winning premier league titles and champions leagues this is what generates serious publicity. This is where I struggle to see how the club can square the circle. Hopefully they know far more than me? We'll see over the next 2 seasons.

I wonder,just wonder what WOULD have happened if we had ground out wins at Sunderland,West Ham,Stoke and Swansea away and not conceeded a last minute equaliser against Arsenal.We would now be a point ahead of the rags going into a home game against Norwich.Also if Tevez's chance against Wigan had gone in and if it had i believe we would have won the game,in spite of playing badly.

So we would have not have played as well as last season,there would still have been all the squables and bickering,but we would have won the double.

All hypothetical,''Could have would have should have'' stuff of course,but would Mancini still have gone?

I keep reading the view that the next manager must win cup / league or else face the sack.
This is the very opposite , I believe , of what the owners have in mind. If the simple winning of trophies was the aim , then they could have just given Mancini a huge sum of money and told him to strengthen the squad for next season and blow everyone out of the water! In my view this course of action would have been short term , and would merely have papered over the cracks , and would have been more"Chelsea" than the change of managers is.
When Hughes was sacked , the chairman described it as necessary because of the "trajectory" of the club not fitting their own views of how we should be going , and I think this recent sacking is entirely in keeping with that view , and while they now use the idea of " holistic" development instead , it seems to me to be a continuation and development of the same culture.
Mancini will correctly be forever remembered for bringing us the kind of success some of us oldies thought we would never see again . He did exactly what was required of the manager at that point in the club's development, but sadly seemed ill-equipped to lead us into the future that the owners have in mind . Unfair? Cruel ? All of these ,but sadly also necessary.

paulchapo said:
I wonder,just wonder what WOULD have happened if we had ground out wins at Sunderland,West Ham,Stoke and Swansea away and not conceeded a last minute equaliser against Arsenal.We would now be a point ahead of the rags going into a home game against Norwich.Also if Tevez's chance against Wigan had gone in and if it had i believe we would have won the game,in spite of playing badly.

So we would have not have played as well as last season,there would still have been all the squables and bickering,but we would have won the double.

All hypothetical,''Could have would have should have'' stuff of course,but would Mancini still have gone?

I think you've answered your own question there. The fact is, we didn't and United do, on a regular basis, grind out such results. We all hate Fergie, but we have to respect what he achieved and his players all play for him. To the best of their ability, and in Jonny Evans' case, well beyond their ability. This is proven by the fact that the likes of John O'Shea, Wes Brown, and more have done nothing when leaving. You could argue that the total team is a good deal more than the sum of its parts. With Mancini this just wasn't the case. But he still picked them regardless. Pellegrini won't have such problems dropping players who either not in form or who cause unrest in the dressing room or don't play for him. Fergie got rid of Beckham, Stam, v. Nistelrooy, Veron but they still stayed right up there. Wasn't the end of the world losing Ronaldo either.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
paulchapo said:

I think you've answered your own question there. The fact is, we didn't and United do, on a regular basis, grind out such results. We all hate Fergie, but we have to respect what he achieved and his players all play for him. To the best of their ability, and in Jonny Evans' case, well beyond their ability. This is proven by the fact that the likes of John O'Shea, Wes Brown, and more have done nothing when leaving. You could argue that the total team is a good deal more than the sum of its parts. With Mancini this just wasn't the case. But he still picked them regardless. Pellegrini won't have such problems dropping players who either not in form or who cause unrest in the dressing room or don't play for him. Fergie got rid of Beckham, Stam, v. Nistelrooy, Veron but they still stayed right up there. Wasn't the end of the world losing Ronaldo either.

Pretty much nail on head there.At the rags NOTHING comes before the club and the team ethic.They stick to the game plan and it on the whole works,nobody is above or more important than the sum part.The minute they start giving it Billy big bollocks they are dropped or are gone!

For too long for us the team hasn't been that important so long as we won and we have relied on players moments of individual brilliance to win us games more than the rest all pulling their weight and pulling us through together when our match winners were having an off day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.