Mancini tactics taking a beating on soccer saturday

If these ex-players were any good they'd be sitting in a dugout this weekend not the Sky Sports studio. That said, they are only giving an opinion and if you take off your light blue glasses a lot of pundits make some good observations - even if some reflect poorly on City.

We are not a team, a unit - how could we be with such a huge influx of players and - rightly IMHO - a mid-season managerial change. It takes time for changes to bed-in.

Manchini has had 6 months in English football. Six months ! During which time he's had to assess the MH's squad, famaliarise himself with a new football culture and communicate a totally new set of ideas to the players.

Yes, Mancini has been cautious in some of the bigger games but I don't think you can say that's his style until we see his team on the pitch and his philosophy fully in place.

For what it's worth, I agree with our Italian poster Manchio: it's all about the midfield and having a midfield that controls possession. Arsenal, Chelsea, United and even Liverpool retain possession far better than we do. At the elite level, teams dictate games and this is something that must be sorted in the months and years ahead.

Forza City, Forza Mancini !

I think his negativity cost us in the league cup semi,s and the league games Arsenal away and the home game against the cunts.

Now its been confirmed that Mancini is staying we'll see his tactics and his team next season.

Mancini has had six months to run the rule over the squad, those that he doesn't rate or have confidence in will be marginalised or sold if offers come in for them. He will have identified areas we can improve on as well as positions we are strong in.

It was far from a poor squad that Mancini inherited but it wasn't his squad. His tactics were to achieve the best results he saw possible with what he had available. He will be backed heavily in the transfer market and only next season will we see how he sends HIS teams out to play. It's going to be an exciting time over the summer and I can't wait to see what happens.

maso314 said:
i agree with some of the comments mancini has probably gone as far as anyone with the players he has available.looking at spurs on paper they are a far more attack minded outfit but also with two outstanding centre backs and a goalkeeper in the form of his life.it is no secret that bellers will be off its a shame but that football im sure there are replacements out there and we will secure a few more players in the summer im sure of that.about mancini i think given time now he knows what hes up against, he would get us to where we want to be (ie the champions league and some silverware)but the question is will he given time.its a shame we didnt make fourth and no one is more gutted than me but once the dust has settled and we look back its not been a bad season i would have settled for top six at the start and the side is an improving one.with the right blend of players both foreign and british we have every chance of cracking it next season so heads up and wait for it to happen and of course the waiting is what we are good at

just for the record, up unitl winning at city, the only other top 10 team spurs had beaten away was blackburn, the same spurs who havnt beaten a so called big 4 side away from home since 1993.

we had options v spurs and didnt use them, and the subs against united left us lob sided for a crucial period in the game.

mancini has a great deal to do to impress me.

hgblue said:
Mancio said:
is too difficult for you to admit that the team is poor , too players are poor , isn' it ?

Trust me, you don't have to tell me what a poor football team looks like. I've supported one for over thirty years. Mancini inherited a team that was on course for 65 points, had run United extremely close at Old Trafford, beaten Chelsea, put four past Arsenal in the League, beaten Arsenal in the Carling Cup, and had lost two games all season. This was not a poor team he inherited. Add to the mix the arrival of the hugely experienced Patrick Vieira and the highly impressive Adam Johnson, and you'll forgive me if I'm not doing cartwheels about failing to muster more than a handful of shots on target in six games won't you?

Trust me, no good team can win 2 games in 3 months, 2 of 11, no good team can draw 7 consecutive games, some of them at home and against teams then relegated, and after going ahead. no good team can do this.

fathellensbellend said:
maso314 said:
i agree with some of the comments mancini has probably gone as far as anyone with the players he has available.looking at spurs on paper they are a far more attack minded outfit but also with two outstanding centre backs and a goalkeeper in the form of his life.it is no secret that bellers will be off its a shame but that football im sure there are replacements out there and we will secure a few more players in the summer im sure of that.about mancini i think given time now he knows what hes up against, he would get us to where we want to be (ie the champions league and some silverware)but the question is will he given time.its a shame we didnt make fourth and no one is more gutted than me but once the dust has settled and we look back its not been a bad season i would have settled for top six at the start and the side is an improving one.with the right blend of players both foreign and british we have every chance of cracking it next season so heads up and wait for it to happen and of course the waiting is what we are good at

just for the record, up unitl winning at city, the only other top 10 team spurs had beaten away was blackburn, the same spurs who havnt beaten a so called big 4 side away from home since 1993.

we had options v spurs and didnt use them, and the subs against united left us lob sided for a crucial period in the game.

mancini has a great deal to do to impress me.
in the aftermath of the spurs wankfest many have forgotten they arrived at COMS with an appalling away record at the better clubs
yet i've read how they were dominating, fitter, a better team, more attack minded, higher quality blah blah blah
so how come a team that hadn't lost at home for 11 months capitulated three times in the space of four weeks?

Irish_Blue said:
If these ex-players were any good they'd be sitting in a dugout this weekend not the Sky Sports studio. That said, they are only giving an opinion and if you take off your light blue glasses a lot of pundits make some good observations - even if some reflect poorly on City.

We are not a team, a unit - how could we be with such a huge influx of players and - rightly IMHO - a mid-season managerial change. It takes time for changes to bed-in.

Manchini has had 6 months in English football. Six months ! During which time he's had to assess the MH's squad, famaliarise himself with a new football culture and communicate a totally new set of ideas to the players.

Yes, Mancini has been cautious in some of the bigger games but I don't think you can say that's his style until we see his team on the pitch and his philosophy fully in place.

For what it's worth, I agree with our Italian poster Manchio: it's all about the midfield and having a midfield that controls possession. Arsenal, Chelsea, United and even Liverpool retain possession far better than we do. At the elite level, teams dictate games and this is something that must be sorted in the months and years ahead.

Good post, I think when he familiarises himself with the premier league and especially the managers, Moyes, Arry, we'll see him adapt his style.

The Fixer said:
scowy68 said:
Don't think any of those muppets on there to tell us we lack creativity in Midfield,been said on here for long enough now.But when you only really have Ireland in the side that can do a job like this,and he's out of form/injured.What can you do?

I think it's the first signing Mancini should be looking at in the Summer.Our current crop of Midfield players are too much alike.

Yeah i think we will nail ozil/hamsik/gourcuff :) just hope bobby gives them the freedom to break forward.

out of the 3....this lad for me all the way

hgblue said:
Sabster said:
Because he hasn't - explain how he has been negative.

How many players did we have in the box when the ball got played in there the other night? How deep were we sitting? How many shots on target did we have in the games against Everton (twice), Arsenal away, United at home, Liverpool at home? You believe we played attacking football in these games do you? No way.

That's complete trash - firstly Tootenham sat deep and hit us on the break not the other way round.

Secondly, the reason we had no one in the box is because tevez and adebayor were wandering because are midfielders are terrrible going forward. NOTHING mancini could have done.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Irish_Blue said:

Good post, I think when he familiarises himself with the premier league and especially the managers, Moyes, Arry, we'll see him adapt his style.
when he familiarises himself with the premier league and especially the managers, Moyes, Arry, we'll see him adapt his style
Nail on the head & why changing a manager in Jan is stupid,it does(unless it's arry) NOT work,especially a foreign manager who has no idea about the league,the tactics,his players,other teams players,other teams tactics etc.
The guy was on a loser & was set 70pts & 4th as a target which our owners felt with the strength of squad we had we were well capable of, funny how this seems to have been totally ignored isn't it.
He did NOT get a fair crack of the whip but it was a job he had to take, & if his "change everything"quote is actually his then it's gonna get messy.
ps.anyone noticed how the "leaks"from inside City has turned into more of a flood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.