Mancini tactics taking a beating on soccer saturday

hgblue said:
fathellensbellend said:
the tactics against spurs left a great deal to be desired, how many long balls did we need to play to adebayor before someone realised dawson and king were winning each and every one of them.

why did we not lose adebayor, put johnson behind tevez and try and get hold of the ball in midfield, and isolate spurs commanding back line.

everton home and away liverpool at home united at home arsenal away and spurs at home, 6 games out of mancini's 20 we have barely mustered a shot, never mind score a goal.

against decent opposition bar chelsea away the performances have been timid, and although i am more than willing to give mancini a chance i cannot quite understand the adulation he is receiving.

Stevie Wonder can see that Mancini has been too negative in our big games, and it's cost us big time. Why some of my fellow blues can't see it I just don't know.
His substitutions have been shocking,the vierra one for GB left him nowhere to go,he could have put zab in midfield & played micah at RB.
The options on the bench DID give him options but he doesn't do risks.
If he is staying i hope he does his homework in the summer.

Sabster said:
hgblue said:
Stevie Wonder can see that Mancini has been too negative in our big games, and it's cost us big time. Why some of my fellow blues can't see it I just don't know.

Because he hasn't - explain how he has been negative.

How many players did we have in the box when the ball got played in there the other night? How deep were we sitting? How many shots on target did we have in the games against Everton (twice), Arsenal away, United at home, Liverpool at home? You believe we played attacking football in these games do you? No way.

hgblue said:
Sabster said:
Because he hasn't - explain how he has been negative.

How many players did we have in the box when the ball got played in there the other night? How deep were we sitting? How many shots on target did we have in the games against Everton (twice), Arsenal away, United at home, Liverpool at home? You believe we played attacking football in these games do you? No way.

is too difficult for you to admit that the team is poor , too players are poor , isn' it ?

bluemanc said:
His substitutions have been shocking,the vierra one for GB left him nowhere to go,he could have put zab in midfield & played micah at RB.
The options on the bench DID give him options but he doesn't do risks.
If he is staying i hope he does his homework in the summer.

Bollox! Viera was man of the match a few days earlier and has huge experience in big games. Zab isn't a midfielder and Micah Richards is a liability. Absolute non-starter!!

i agree, and said so in another topic, mancinis been too negative at times, it's the old italian defensive mindset.
now a few players i think would really make a difference and give him other options would be
Gerrard,cambiasso,maicon,torres,villa,arshavin,david silva

if he could get some of them, i'd be well happy.

plus we still need a top class left back(maybe philip lahm), i don't know and a centre half(maybe subotovic).

ahh, wishful thinking eh.

Grow some balls people. We are no longer everyone's second fav team anymore, we are now a team to be taken seriously and media dicks like Nicholas, who's CV reads failed at the highest level, is a no mark, so why do we care what they think, opening their mouths and stating the obvious is all they can do. The correct responce should be "Charlie would you like a drink, to go with you're drink"<br /><br />-- Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 pm --<br /><br />Also our defence is still not good enough, we need two quality fullbacks, and a defender who is truly capable playing anywhere across the back line.

Mancio said:
hgblue said:

is too difficult for you to admit that the team is poor , too players are poor , isn' it ?

Trust me, you don't have to tell me what a poor football team looks like. I've supported one for over thirty years. Mancini inherited a team that was on course for 65 points, had run United extremely close at Old Trafford, beaten Chelsea, put four past Arsenal in the League, beaten Arsenal in the Carling Cup, and had lost two games all season. This was not a poor team he inherited. Add to the mix the arrival of the hugely experienced Patrick Vieira and the highly impressive Adam Johnson, and you'll forgive me if I'm not doing cartwheels about failing to muster more than a handful of shots on target in six games won't you?

hgblue said:
Mancio said:

Trust me, you don't have to tell me what a poor football team looks like. I've supported one for over thirty years. Mancini inherited a team that was on course for 65 points, had run United extremely close at Old Trafford, beaten Chelsea, put four past Arsenal in the League, beaten Arsenal in the Carling Cup, and had lost two games all season. This was not a poor team he inherited. Add to the mix the arrival of the hugely experienced Patrick Vieira and the highly impressive Adam Johnson, and you'll forgive me if I'm not doing cartwheels about failing to muster more than a handful of shots on target in six games won't you?
where did this myth start that all the players are poor and that we are unbalanced
the power wankers in the transfer forum were uncontrollable for nigh on three months last summer, the team became poor when we couldn't muster a threat against teams we had previously run close or beaten

i agree with some of the comments mancini has probably gone as far as anyone with the players he has available.looking at spurs on paper they are a far more attack minded outfit but also with two outstanding centre backs and a goalkeeper in the form of his life.it is no secret that bellers will be off its a shame but that football im sure there are replacements out there and we will secure a few more players in the summer im sure of that.about mancini i think given time now he knows what hes up against, he would get us to where we want to be (ie the champions league and some silverware)but the question is will he given time.its a shame we didnt make fourth and no one is more gutted than me but once the dust has settled and we look back its not been a bad season i would have settled for top six at the start and the side is an improving one.with the right blend of players both foreign and british we have every chance of cracking it next season so heads up and wait for it to happen and of course the waiting is what we are good at

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.