Mancini Thread (no City stuff)

Re: Mancini Thread

strongbowholic said:
There's a big thread upstairs about this - or are you looking to start a more reasoned debate? :))

Is a reasoned debate possible on here in relation to Mancini ? For myself, I'm just grateful for the fantastic success that Roberto brought us and for two of the most exciting days of my recent life

strongbowholic said:
There's a big thread upstairs about this - or are you looking to start a more reasoned debate? :))

Sorry i did not see the other thread, assumed it would have been put in the "Mancini Thread", how silly of me ;)

Good lads!

Don't want this one to degenerate into:

Poster A: "he's a ****"
Poster B: "he's not a ****"

For 100 pages :))

Quick update - Besiktas smashed Kasimpasa 3-0 last night to cement their 3rd place in the table and are now 1 point behind Galatasaray.

Besiktas visit Galatasaray on 22/02, so that could be good. April is even more fun as Fenerbahce visit Galatasaray on 05/04 and go to Besiktas on 19/04. Things starting to get really interesting over in Turkey!

Table:

1)…Fenerbahce…..20…..14…..2…..4…..44…..+22
2)…Galatasaray…..20…..11…..7…..2…..40…..+20
3)…Besiktas..……...20…..11…..6…..3…..39…..+17
4)…Sivasspor……...20…..11…..2…..7…..35…..+10

Next matches:

16/02….Besiktas (3)………….…..….vs……..Bursaspor (10)
16/02….Fenerbahce (1)…………….vs……..Kasimpasa (5)
17/02….Antalayaspor (14)…….….vs….....Galatasaray (2)
17/02….Eskisehirspor (6)…….….vs……….Sivasspor (4)

The Jealous One is now banging on about Barca being the worst Barca side in years, so let's have a look at how his next opponents in the Champions League are faring over in the Turkish Super Lig.

Bob's mob were held to a surprising 2-2 draw by 14th placed Antalayaspor. Galatasaray were 1-0 up, then found themselves 2-1 down - an own goal on the stroke of half time giving Antalayaspor a shock lead. Galatasaray managed to force an equaliser in the 86th minute.

Fenerbahce returned to winning ways and Besiktas continued their current good form. That draw for Bob and Besiktas' win sees Galatasaray drop a place to 3rd.

Results for the top 4 were:

16/02….Besiktas (3)………….…..…1-0……..Bursaspor (10)
16/02….Fenerbahce (1)……………2-1……..Kasimpasa (5)
17/02….Antalayaspor (14)…….…2-2….....Galatasaray (2)
17/02….Eskisehirspor (6)…….…..2-2……….Sivasspor (4)

Table:

1)…Fenerbahce…..21…..15…..2…..4…..47…..+23
2)…Besiktas………..21…..12…..6…..3…..42…..+18
3)…Galatasaray…..21…..11…..8…..2…..41…..+20
4)…Sivasspor……...21…..11…..3…..7…..36…..+10

Big, big match for Bobby next:

22/02….Galatasaray (3)….....vs……..Besiktas (2)
22/02….Kasimpasa (8)……….vs……..Sivasspor (4)
24/02….Elazigspor (15)……...vs……..Fenerbahce (1)

Cheers for the update 'Bow, very appreciated! Next game against Besiktas is a must-win after their latest slip-up.

Do you know about how Galatasaray performed their last game, i.e. did they get the draw despite very good play and lots of chances or were they under par lucky to reach a draw?

@number 10 - from what I read, they were a bit unlucky. 7 shits on target and they gave away an own goal too, so perhaps just one of those days at the office.

@bb1985 - like mist if us, I'm interested in football generally but sad as it probably seems I'm just intrigued as to how Bob is doing I'm afraid on this one. I appreciate all the shenanigans that went on when he was in charge of us vs all the trophies we won (and am desperate for this not to go the same way as other threads) but I'm interested to see if he is what I thought he was at City. Whether winning things/failing at Galatasaray will prove or disprove - who knows. Intrigued all the same.

strongbowholic said:
@number 10 - from what I read, they were a bit unlucky. 7 shits on target and they gave away an own goal too, so perhaps just one of those days at the office.

@bb1985 - like mist if us, I'm interested in football generally but sad as it probably seems I'm just intrigued as to how Bob is doing I'm afraid on this one. I appreciate all the shenanigans that went on when he was in charge of us vs all the trophies we won (and am desperate for this not to go the same way as other threads) but I'm interested to see if he is what I thought he was at City. Whether winning things/failing at Galatasaray will prove or disprove - who knows. Intrigued all the same.

7 shits on target? I know Mancini was slinging mud around the other week but that's taking it a little too far, it's a bit too Poyet for my liking.

strongbowholic said:

Mate I wasn't trying to start a fight or nowt I was intrigued as to how you knew a fair bit about Turkish football
Was going to pop round to your kebab shop (woohoo casual racial profiling)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.