Mancini Thread (no City stuff)

Re: Mancini Thread

Mancini eyes Premier League return after just five months in charge of Galatasaray

Galatasaray manager Roberto Mancini has set his heart on a return to the Barclays Premier League after less than six months in Turkey.

Former Manchester City boss Mancini will face Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea in the Champions League in Istanbul on Wednesday night with his current club in second place in the Turkish Super Lig.

However it is understood that the Italian feels one season in a relatively backwater league is enough as he looks to give his career some impetus and has told friends a move back to the Premier League appeals to him.
Silverware: Roberto Mancini with the Premier League trophy after a dramatic final day of the 2011-12 season
+6

Silverware: Roberto Mancini with the Premier League trophy after a dramatic final day of the 2011-12 season

Ready for battle: Mancini's Galatasaray, featuring Didier Drogba (right) will face Mourinho's Chelsea in the last 16 of the Champions League, with the first leg on Wednesday
+6

Ready for battle: Mancini's Galatasaray, featuring Didier Drogba (right) will face Mourinho's Chelsea in the last 16 of the Champions League, with the first leg on Wednesday

Many people in Italy feel Mancini may yet get the national job after this summer’s World Cup and that would take the former City and Inter boss off the market for at least the 2016 European Championship.

However, Mancini has told associates that his spell coaching in England was his happiest in football and that part of him feels he has unfinished business here.

He spent three-and-half seasons at City, winning the FA Cup and Premier League, before being unceremoniously sacked last May.

Sky Blue thinking: Mancini was sacked by Manchester City before taking up his current job with Galatasaray

Victory parade: Roberto Mancini walks alongside his captain, Vincent Kompany, in front of Manchester Town Hall in 2012 as City celebrated their title win

He has joked that he has enjoyed being away from the Manchester weather but has privately found the rather unconventional lifestyle in Turkey rather taxing and is unsure whether he could stick it out for another season.

Members of his familiar entourage certainly believe Mancini will not be in Turkey next season and the Italian himself believes his reputation is good enough to bring him another chance in England.

He would only consider a switch to a club with real potential but is aware that situations at places like Tottenham and Newcastle are fluid as the Premier League season enters its final phase.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2567447/Roberto-Mancini-eyes-Premier-League-return-just-FIVE-months-charge-Galatasaray.html#ixzz2uMBHmz6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2uMBHmz6s</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Could see him going to spurs....no one else really.....rags ??

razman said:
Mancini eyes Premier League return after just five months in charge of Galatasaray

Galatasaray manager Roberto Mancini has set his heart on a return to the Barclays Premier League after less than six months in Turkey.

Former Manchester City boss Mancini will face Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea in the Champions League in Istanbul on Wednesday night with his current club in second place in the Turkish Super Lig.

However it is understood that the Italian feels one season in a relatively backwater league is enough as he looks to give his career some impetus and has told friends a move back to the Premier League appeals to him.
+6

+6

Many people in Italy feel Mancini may yet get the national job after this summer’s World Cup and that would take the former City and Inter boss off the market for at least the 2016 European Championship.

However, Mancini has told associates that his spell coaching in England was his happiest in football and that part of him feels he has unfinished business here.

He spent three-and-half seasons at City, winning the FA Cup and Premier League, before being unceremoniously sacked last May.

Sky Blue thinking: Mancini was sacked by Manchester City before taking up his current job with Galatasaray

Victory parade: Roberto Mancini walks alongside his captain, Vincent Kompany, in front of Manchester Town Hall in 2012 as City celebrated their title win

He has joked that he has enjoyed being away from the Manchester weather but has privately found the rather unconventional lifestyle in Turkey rather taxing and is unsure whether he could stick it out for another season.

Members of his familiar entourage certainly believe Mancini will not be in Turkey next season and the Italian himself believes his reputation is good enough to bring him another chance in England.

He would only consider a switch to a club with real potential but is aware that situations at places like Tottenham and Newcastle are fluid as the Premier League season enters its final phase.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2567447/Roberto-Mancini-eyes-Premier-League-return-just-FIVE-months-charge-Galatasaray.html#ixzz2uMBHmz6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2uMBHmz6s</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Could see him going to spurs....no one else really.....rags ??
Not a single quote in that turd of an article

Why did he have to blow it for himself last season with us? I miss him. It was all very unnecessary.

He tried his best, a bit hard when people standing next to him were ready to stab him in the back.

Didn't someone close to him say he'd always admired Arsenal and would like to manage them one day when he was sacked?

Pam said:
Why did he have to blow it for himself last season with us? I miss him. It was all very unnecessary.

Pam we all do,but most of us have moved on. Just remember the good times as we all do and hopefully the players will put the ghost of the wigan game to bed on Sunday,not just for us,Pellers and the management but for our previous gaffer.Well I'd like to think that anyway.

Wouldnt be at all shocked to see him in consideration for the rag job after they finally realise Moyes is fucking clueless. Hopefully we are a good 2 or 3 years away from that though.

Laughing Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho mocks Galatasaray rival Roberto Mancini before Champions League clash

Mancini never got beyond the last eight of the Champions League in seven campaigns as boss of Lazio, Inter and City, while Mourinho is seeking to become the first manager to lift the European Cup with three different clubs.

But the Italian insisted: “Mourinho won the Champions League because he took a good team. He took a team that, like Manchester City, I had built, a team that had a strong mentality. When I went to Inter, they played very bad football and we changed this.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/galatasaray-vs-chelsea-jose-mourinho-3182723#ixzz2uOJDh4yX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2uOJDh4yX</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Mourinho hit back, shaking his head in disbelief at Mancini’s boasts, before exhaling and laughing: “Pfft. It’s funny, it’s funny. It’s funny because my team in the final had Lucio, Motta, Milito, Eto’o, Pandev and Sneijder.

“From my 11 players, he [Mancini] didn’t work with six of them. So he made a five-a-side team because I played with only five players from his team!”

Lol I miss their cat fight. I hope Bobby can go back to England, that way Mourinho will be focused on him and maybe even forget about us.

saw the video interview on this link.....miss his charisma :( ...anyway we move on...wish him all the best...and can see him easily returning to the EPL

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...nks-manchester-city-should-win-premier-league

Galatasaray manager Roberto Mancini believes it is now 'easy' for Manchester City to win games, earmarking them as Premier League title favourites.

The former City boss is preparing his new side for the arrival of Chelsea in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, and spoke exclusively to Sky Sports' Geoff Shreeves.

After dismissing suggestions that he still wants to be in charge at the Etihad Stadium, Mancini reckons that current manager Manuel Pellegrini cannot afford to slip up in their quest for trophies.

"It's part of the past. I worked really well in Manchester and I am proud of what we did, we changed the history of Manchester," he told Sky Sports.

"Now it's easy to win with Manchester City because they changed the mentality three years ago and they have good players - it's not difficult to win.

"Man City will fight with Chelsea, I think. Chelsea have improved a lot in the last two months, but I think in the end City will win the title."

Roberto Mancini

"I know football very well and when you decide to do this job and you should understand that if you don't win, they can sack you - sometimes without reason," he added.

"Man City will fight with Chelsea, I think. Chelsea have improved a lot in the last two months, but I think in the end City will win the title."
Miracle

The Italian admits it will be a tricky task to overcome Jose Mourinho's side in Wednesday's clash in Istanbul and believes it was a 'miracle' that his team qualified from the group stage, having faced Real Madrid and Juventus.

"(Galatasaray) is an important club, like the level of the other top clubs. Maybe the league isn't as big as the others but I think it will improve in the next five years," he said.

"We performed a miracle. After the 6-1 (defeat to Real Madrid) here, it looked so impossible to get through. Instead, we had the chance and we played very well against Juventus and we went through.

"For us it's difficult, we know that Chelsea are used to playing these types of games. They've won the Champions and Europa League, and we know we don't have many chances to beat Chelsea but we want to do a good job," Mancini added.

"They have more of a chance than us, this is normal because they have really good players and they are a strong team but they should fight to win this game. In the end, probably, they will go into the quarter final but we will try to do our best."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.