Mancini to Juventus speculation

I'd be rather upset if we dumped Mancini for Mourinho. Not that I don't rate Mourinho, just that it would be hard to justify yet more change, in cold hard terms. the suspicion would be that we just went for the biggest name, the biggest reputation regardless of what's actually right for the club.

I'd be rather upset if Mancini dumped us for Juve but I wouldn't blame him, the club would only have itself to blame. they've never changed the perception that he was a stop gap. they left the door open, and it's up to him if he walks through it.

I'm a teensy bit upset at the owners for the way all of this has been handled. thanks for the money, thanks for tevez, but what we need is a clear, long term sporting strategy. throwing money at the club is not the same thing as knowing what you are doing. to be perfectly frank, I've stuck up for them time after time, often against my better judgement. but they have made mistakes, robinho's arrival torpedoed last season, hughes never recovered. if they had serious doubts they should have axed him in the summer, not the winter. they have this summer to convince me they know what their long term sporting strategy is, and frankly, mourinho's arrival would be some compensation, but it would not convince me in itself. I also don't relish the prospect of our club becoming part of the Mourinho show.

people who say they are happy either way, please consider the scenario where Mancini leaves but Mourinho shafts us. He's a sharp operator, you can't rule it out. I even believe he courted our interest (and that of another club) last year, shortly before he signed a new deal. what if mancini walks, and mourinho goes to real, or even stays at inter, waiting for the rags job. and we get..... err...... martin o'neill?

that would be fun, wouldn't it.

wake up, this is a serious business. nothing is guaranteed. you can pour over mourinho's every tick, you can tell yourself it makes perfect sense for him to come here, but really, you have no idea of his intentions whatsoever.

bizzbo said:
I'd be rather upset if we dumped Mancini for Mourinho. Not that I don't rate Mourinho, just that it would be hard to justify yet more change, in cold hard terms. the suspicion would be that we just went for the biggest name, the biggest reputation regardless of what's actually right for the club.

I'd be rather upset if Mancini dumped us for Juve but I wouldn't blame him, the club would only have itself to blame. they've never changed the perception that he was a stop gap. they left the door open, and it's up to him if he walks through it.

I'm a teensy bit upset at the owners for the way all of this has been handled. thanks for the money, thanks for tevez, but what we need is a clear, long term sporting strategy. throwing money at the club is not the same thing as knowing what you are doing. to be perfectly frank, I've stuck up for them time after time, often against my better judgement. but they have made mistakes, robinho's arrival torpedoed last season, hughes never recovered. if they had serious doubts they should have axed him in the summer, not the winter. they have this summer to convince me they know what their long term sporting strategy is, and frankly, mourinho's arrival would be some compensation, but it would not convince me in itself. I also don't relish the prospect of our club becoming part of the Mourinho show.

people who say they are happy either way, please consider the scenario where Mancini leaves but Mourinho shafts us. He's a sharp operator, you can't rule it out. I even believe he courted our interest (and that of another club) last year, shortly before he signed a new deal. what if mancini walks, and mourinho goes to real, or even stays at inter, waiting for the rags job. and we get..... err...... martin o'neill?

wake up, this is a serious business. nothing is guaranteed. you can pour over mourinho's every tick, you can tell yourself it makes perfect sense for him to come here, but really, you have no idea of his intentions whatsoever.

great post mate

bizzbo said:

Great post. As they say be careful what you wish for.

bizzbo said:

You have expressed my thoughts much better than I ever could, cheers mate, great post.

The Fixer said:
Garry cook had the perfect opportunity to put the record straight at mancini's unveiling, he never did though!

where is old cookie boy atm? not heard much about him lately...

Forzacitizens said:
The Fixer said:
Garry cook had the perfect opportunity to put the record straight at mancini's unveiling, he never did though!

where is old cookie boy atm? not heard much about him lately...

Think the club are wrapping him in cotton wool/keeping him on the low after the media went for his throat!

robbieh said:
bizzbo said:

Great post. As they say be careful what you wish for.

Hear hear.

Great post from a poster who is rapidly becoming one of my favourite posters on Bluemoon...Bizzbo...a quality act. I am one of those who has stated that I am happy with either man as I rate them both enormously, but have to say that the thought of being 'left in the lurch' is not an appetising one.

Looking at Mancini's latest pre match preview for the Burnley game, he comes across to me as though he has lost that bit of spark. He talked down the chances of top 4, pointed out it was impossible to win all the remaining games and when asked about fans passion in Italy, he said it was different to England as the stadiums are not always full, when in the past he has said fans in england are much better. Then when talking about Joe Hart next season, he didn't really seem interested and insisted we concentrate only on this season

I'm probably reading far too much into everything and watching the interview after reading the rest of this thread probably influenced my thoughts, but I just get the feeling he is either thinking he'll be somewhere different next year or he does not have the confidence in the players he had when he first joined.

I hope he does get the summer to do his own thing and stays with us for years to come.

Top post Bizzbo.

If these persistant stories a bout Mourinho carry on then the seasons in danger of turning into something similar to the second half of svens season where it was clear the manager was a dead man walking.

There will be other opportunities to court Mourinho but to fire a manager after 6 months, who has done a very decent (albeit at times unspectacular) job is fucking bonkers even by citys standards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.