Mancini to Juventus speculation

Prestwich_Blue said:
bizzbo said:
I'd be rather upset if we dumped Mancini for Mourinho. Not that I don't rate Mourinho, just that it would be hard to justify yet more change, in cold hard terms. the suspicion would be that we just went for the biggest name, the biggest reputation regardless of what's actually right for the club.
But suppose you're in this situation:
1) You've decided that MH isn't the man for the long term.
2) So you go out and speak to the best there is and tie JM down to a contract from next season.
3) MH gets wind of this and demands you back him or sack him so you do the latter.
4) You're in a mess now because you got a manager lined up but he won't leave his current club mid-season and you don't have a manager for the second half of the season.
5) You've got a mate that will step into the breach for 6 months (and he knows that's all it's likely to be).

That's what I believe happened. I also think that Mancini's behaviour means he's either not happy managing in the Premiership or that, after a bit of dithering, JM has finally agreed to take the job this summer.

Spot on PB, that's exactly how I see it. Mancinci pretty much said he's only here for six months in that first press conference.

Prestwich_Blue said:
bizzbo said:
I'd be rather upset if we dumped Mancini for Mourinho. Not that I don't rate Mourinho, just that it would be hard to justify yet more change, in cold hard terms. the suspicion would be that we just went for the biggest name, the biggest reputation regardless of what's actually right for the club.
2) So you go out and speak to the best there is and tie JM down to a contract from next season.
3) MH gets wind of this and demands you back him or sack him so you do the latter.
4) You're in a mess now because you got a manager lined up but he won't leave his current club mid-season and you don't have a manager for the second half of the season.
5) You've got a mate that will step into the breach for 6 months (and he knows that's all it's likely to be).

That's what I believe happened. I also think that Mancini's behaviour means he's either not happy managing in the Premiership or that, after a bit of dithering, JM has finally agreed to take the job this summer.
it all seems very plausible, and i have been waiting for you to speak up on this thread, but the highlighted part doesn't tally with the five points you made

corky1970 said:
i for one have a comforting hand round my penis !
Too much information!!!<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 pm --<br /><br />This from the Guardian:
Roberto Mancini has added to the uncertainty surrounding his long-term future as the manager of Manchester City but claiming he is "ready to go back" to Italy and hinting that he would be interested in taking over at Juventus.

Mancini, who replaced Mark Hughes at City in December, has a clause in his three and a half year contract that would allow him to walkaway from Eastlands in the summer. It is widely believed that he would be fired by the club anyway should they fail to qualify for the Champions League this season.

The 45-year-old could, however, be preparing to walk before he is pushed. In an interview with the Italian newspaper La Nazione, he said: "I'm ready to go back [to Italy], if and when there will be a possibility. How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know. Football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later."

Prestwich_Blue said:
bizzbo said:

Why would you give him a 3 1/2 year contract? Why wouldn't you do what Chelsea did and make it known it was a caretaker job?

Your scenario only makes sense if you can find a reasonable reason for the pretence that Mancini is here long term.

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

it all seems very plausible, and i have been waiting for you to speak up on this thread, but the highlighted part doesn't tally with the five points you made
That was just a bit of speculation. He doesn't look happy at the moment does he?

Prestwich_Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
That was just a bit of speculation. He doesn't look happy at the moment does he?
i agree he doesn't
but neither do most of the players, particularly the home grown ones

Gelsons Dad said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Why would you give him a 3 1/2 year contract? Why wouldn't you do what Chelsea did and make it known it was a caretaker job?

Your scenario only makes sense if you can find a reasonable reason for the pretence that Mancini is here long term.
I didn't negotiate it so can't answer that question but what if you didn't want people to think he was a caretaker? If they do then they think you've got someone lined up for the summer plus would the players really give their all? They knew Sven was going and look what happened.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:

I didn't negotiate it so can't answer that question but what if you didn't want people to think he was a caretaker? If they do then they think you've got someone lined up for the summer plus would the players really give their all? They knew Sven was going and look what happened.

Chelsea.

Sorry PB but its still speculation, and you are now adding a rider to your opinions.

A few weeks ago its was rumoured to be "done deal" (incidentally there's no such thing unless a contract was signed, which is very unlikely because if it ever got out we'd be done for tapping up), but since recent Mourinho stories have suggested he's touting himself around, its interesting that those "itk" have suddenly started adding ifs and maybe's.

As for Mancini "not looking happy" I didn't see him today so can't comment, but he's looked happy enough to me when I have, but even if you say he looks unhappy, it could be many things, things like he's not getting the best from the players, who knows ?

Its all speculation unless.....

Someone actually knows Mourinho and what he's done/said/agreed, well if they do they should make it known properly without hinting.

Someone actually knows Cook and has had it confirmed that the true story is......

Someone knows Mancini and he has personally said he's off to Juve, in which case they should make it known as above.

Until someone actually admits to "knowing" the facts its all speculation and its my opinion that ist doing the club NO GOOD at all, in the current circumstances.

All we as fans should be worrying about now is getting enough points to be able to play in the qualifying round of next seasons champions league (and I think some forget that 4th place means only that - ask Everton).

I can't find the image that was posted the other night about Mourinho's webcam, but its probably the most appropriate thing thats been posted on this subject so far (in my opinion of course).

As for Mourinho, he'd shaft his own mother if he thought it would make him more popular. the only thing Mourinho cares about is Mourinho, and if we lose Mancini to him, it will be a sad day for the club (in my opinion).

Bizzbo - great post above, spot on for me.

Where does this scaremongering piece of journalism say he is off to Juve at the end off the season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.