Mancini to Juventus speculation

I'ts probably a matter of waiting till the end of the month.

It's unthinkable thatan announcement will be made during this critical run-in period with a Champions league spot still to challenge for. Nevertheless, if Mancini has indicated to the board that he wants to leave to take up the post at Juventus next season then I respect his decision. I just wish this had been kept away from the media.

As many will know, Juventus have Alberto Zaccheroni in as a temporary coach till next month after the sacking of Ciro Ferrera. Attempts to prise Cesare Prandelli from Fiorentina, Rafa Benitez from Liverpool and Laurent Blanc from Bordeaux will surely fail. This leaves the door open for Mancini and I'm sure he will take the job if it is offered by the club.

I'm pretty sure City know who it is that they want to replace the Italian.

It is looking like he'll be going, which is a shame because I like the guy. He is one of the Premier League's truly likeable managers. He's also done well for us. Don't care what people say about our poor performances - we're still getting results, which is what I thought matters anyway. They don't, according to some people. Defensively we're much stronger, and he's done this without signing any defenders, and with only one money transfer - Johnson, who's looking to be a very shrewd buy.

However, even though I don't want him to go and I'd rather he'd stay, it speaks volumes that his replacement could very well be Jose Mourinho. Right now, it's just great to be a City fan.

After reading Mancini's interview I'll be very surprised if he stays beyond the summer. The quote about him broadening his horizons makes me think that he is just here for the short period to give it a go and see what he can learn, as opposed to setting up camp for good. The whole interview though, you don't hear managers coming out with stuff like that do you? "I'm ready to go back [to Italy], if and when there will be a possibility" is a little bit of a giveaway isn't it!

As for his body language, I watched the post match Wigan interview on the OS and thought he looked a bit down but like someone said, that could have been because of a number of things and the reality is that we can only speculate and have no real idea.

I still very much doubt Mourinho will come and now I'm resigned to the thought of Mancini going. My biggest fear is that Mancini goes in the summer and we end up with an inferior manager. If Mourinho goes to Real and Mancini to Juve, who would we bring in?

Man City will offer Mourinho unlimited funds to replace Mancini

mourinhoRoberto Mancini is not a dumb man and he knows the writing is on the wall and that he will not be at Manchester City next season even if he guides Tevez and co to fourth in the table.

Mancini has more or less said so himself and he cannot drop a bigger hint that his time is up at City than when he told the media he is ready to go back to Italy.

“I’m ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,” he said. “As for Juventus, they are going through a difficult period but we are talking about a club with history and prestige.
“How near I am to a return to Italy I don’t know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.”
The thing is he does know how near he is, it is very soon and the man that the Man City heirachy want to take over from him Jose Mourinho and they are prepared to offer him unlimited funds to entice him to Eastlands.

Reports from Italy are gaining momentum that Mourinho is Man City bound and that he will be offered a transfer kitty running in to hundreds of Millions.

The Man City owners feel that they need a manager who’s reputation is such that he can attract the worlds best players and Mourinho certainly fits that bill.

Another point to take on board is the now frequent outbursts from Mourinho in the Italian press, it really does look like he is laying the groundwork to depart Italian football this summer.

Mourinho to Man City is looking more realistic as each day goes by.

.............................................................................................................

The Fat el Hombre said:
After reading Mancini's interview I'll be very surprised if he stays beyond the summer. The quote about him broadening his horizons makes me think that he is just here for the short period to give it a go and see what he can learn, as opposed to setting up camp for good. The whole interview though, you don't hear managers coming out with stuff like that do you? "I'm ready to go back [to Italy], if and when there will be a possibility" is a little bit of a giveaway isn't it!

As for his body language, I watched the post match Wigan interview on the OS and thought he looked a bit down but like someone said, that could have been because of a number of things and the reality is that we can only speculate and have no real idea.

I still very much doubt Mourinho will come and now I'm resigned to the thought of Mancini going. My biggest fear is that Mancini goes in the summer and we end up with an inferior manager. If Mourinho goes to Real and Mancini to Juve, who would we bring in?

well if he logs onto Bluemoon as sees what all the posters with insider info who reckon that jose is a done deal say....

I dont blame him either.

If we dont get Jose and bob goes...it will be a monumentous fuck up by city..

we need a manager with credibilty to attract the players needed to take us to the next level..

So true. After events this week it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Mourinho might shaft us to get what he sees as a more prestigious job, but if he is the man that Sheikh Mansour wants in charge he could make it very difficult for him to say no.

Mancini has put himself in the running for the Juve job because he knows he is going. He always wanted to manage in English football and he has a dream job with the largest transfer funds in world football. He wouldn;t have said what he did if he didn't already know he wasn't going to be here next season.

The Fixer said:
Man City will offer Mourinho unlimited funds to replace Mancini

mourinhoRoberto Mancini is not a dumb man and he knows the writing is on the wall and that he will not be at Manchester City next season even if he guides Tevez and co to fourth in the table.

Mancini has more or less said so himself and he cannot drop a bigger hint that his time is up at City than when he told the media he is ready to go back to Italy.

“I’m ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,” he said. “As for Juventus, they are going through a difficult period but we are talking about a club with history and prestige.
“How near I am to a return to Italy I don’t know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.”
The thing is he does know how near he is, it is very soon and the man that the Man City heirachy want to take over from him Jose Mourinho and they are prepared to offer him unlimited funds to entice him to Eastlands.

Reports from Italy are gaining momentum that Mourinho is Man City bound and that he will be offered a transfer kitty running in to hundreds of Millions.

The Man City owners feel that they need a manager who’s reputation is such that he can attract the worlds best players and Mourinho certainly fits that bill.

Another point to take on board is the now frequent outbursts from Mourinho in the Italian press, it really does look like he is laying the groundwork to depart Italian football this summer.

.............................................................................................................

For the umpteenth time Jose does not have to do 'outbursts'. All City need to do is ask Jose of he wants the job and then stump up the readies to buy out the contract if he says yes.

Jose with an offer from City in his back pocket has no need to act like he did on the eve of Inter's CL match. Better by far if he just wins Serie A (which he is in danger of cocking up) and the CL, plonking both trophies on the Chairman's desk and saying thanks for the memories here is what you wanted I am now offski.

Jose to City would be more realistic if everyone concerned stop acting like a prize dick or is it beyond the wit of ADUG/the board to conduct a sensible negotiation without half the BM forum being privy to it?

As for Capello didnt he say on taking the England job its a job he's always wanted so that alone i would still say he'll be England manager well after the world cup. Just hope this dosen't continue all through the summer and a disssion is made soon after the season finishes. Other teams will be dealing in the transfer market and i dont want City to miss out on protentical targets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.