Mancini told CL form unacceptable in 1st meeting with Txiki

Mancio said:
Marvin said:
It's a safe bet that MCFC & Mancini will be targeting qualification from the Group stages

This is not news. It's a statement of the obvious, together with an assumption that this weakens Mancini's position.

I do not see how the replacement of an incompetent with a skilful could weaken those who have to work with that person

Easy. If someone is brought in at work who's better at certain aspects of your job than you, then you may no longer get control over whatever those aspects may be. If the club feel Txiki can handle certain things better than Bobby, things that Bobby would rather handle himself, then it weakens his position.

I would have hoped by now that Mancini has realised this club is having a DOF whether he likes it or not, and he won't be given Ferguson levels of control over transfers, so should just be happy he has a European big hitter on our side and get on with it.

adrianr said:
Mancio said:
Marvin said:
It's a safe bet that MCFC & Mancini will be targeting qualification from the Group stages

This is not news. It's a statement of the obvious, together with an assumption that this weakens Mancini's position.

I do not see how the replacement of an incompetent with a skilful could weaken those who have to work with that person

Easy. If someone is brought in at work who's better at certain aspects of your job than you, then you may no longer get control over whatever those aspects may be. If the club feel Txiki can handle certain things better than Bobby, things that Bobby would rather handle himself, then it weakens his position.

I would have hoped by now that Mancini has realised this club is having a DOF whether he likes it or not, and he won't be given Ferguson levels of control over transfers, so should just be happy he has a European big hitter on our side and get on with it.

I'm afraid you're upsetting reality. the reality is that Mancini was unhappy with Marwood's inability . and got it to be replaced by a more capable person.

then you can turn it as you like.

Mancio said:
adrianr said:
Mancio said:

I'm afraid you're upsetting reality. the reality is that Mancini was unhappy with Marwood's inability . and got it to be replaced by a more capable person.

Don't think this was ever bobby's choice of replacement though

andyhinch said:
Mancio said:
adrianr said:

Don't think this was ever bobby's choice of replacement though

was not his task to choose the DoF. the important thing for him is to have won the game against Marwood since thought him incapable.

Mancio said:
adrianr said:
Mancio said:

I'm not turning it any way. I'm simply explaining to you a scenario in which someone incompetent can be replaced by someone better thereby weakening the position of another. I'm not saying that's what has actually happened.

For what it's worth I think his position is slightly stronger, but because I believe Txiki can get in players that will help rather than hinder Mancini. Not because Mancini now thinks he will have a greater say over expenditure etc.

bapi said:
Mancini told Champions League form unacceptable in first meeting with Begiristain
The Italian met Manchester City's new director of football on Wednesday and was told by the former Barcelona supremo that the club's European performance were not good enough

EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Roberto Mancini met with new Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain for the first time this week - and was told the club’s performances in the Champions League must improve.

The pair met in person on Wednesday having previously only spoken in phone conversations and will now hold weekly meetings at City’s training ground to evaluate the club’s progress.

In the wake of City’s 2-2 draw with Ajax on Tuesday night, Begiristain told the Italian of his disappointment with the team’s European displays as they sit bottom of Group D with two points and only two matches remaining.

Mancini’s minimum target was to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League, a task that looks effectively “finished” - in the 47-year-old’s words - after being drawn in a tough group alongside Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Ajax.

Mancini has won four league titles in his managerial career as well as domestic cups but has never made it past the quarter-finals in the Champions League, a competition of great importance on and off the pitch to City’s Abu Dhabi owners as they target global domination.

While there is no suggestion that Mancini is under pressure only months after signing a five-year contract, his meeting Begiristain confirms suggestions that the manager’s power base has been weakened by structural changes at the Etihad Stadium.

Begiristain was appointed last month as he re-united with City chief executive Ferran Soriano, who started his role in August. The pair worked together at Barcelona where, with manager Pep Guardiola, they oversaw the most successful period in the club’s history.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exc...ns-league-form-unacceptable-in-first-meeting-

That's Mancinis first official 'warning' then !

These Barca guys haven't come here to play games , that's clear to see ....

I really hope that this is false. Not that I disagree with Txiki with expressing these opinions. But if the first meeting between the two of them has been leaked it dosn't bode well for the possibility of them establishing a working relationship

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.