Mancini told CL form unacceptable in 1st meeting with Txiki

Not surprising, is it? We need to go farther in the CL or we won't make any prize money, and we need more exposure so that merchandise sales increase.

SWP's back said:
To be fair to goal, they have been correct on quite a few City stories in the last 12 months and well ahead of the other media outlets.

Yeah, they were ahead of the curve with the Begiristain and Soriano hires. Recall someone saying an ex-BBC journo took over as an editor.

Mancio said:
andyhinch said:
Mancio said:
I'm afraid you're upsetting reality. the reality is that Mancini was unhappy with Marwood's inability . and got it to be replaced by a more capable person.

then you can turn it as you like.
Don't think this was ever bobby's choice of replacement though

was not his task to choose the DoF. the important thing for him is to have won the game against Marwood since thought him incapable.

Think you're being slightly naive, Mancio.

Of course Bob thought Marwood was incompetent however in the past I'm pretty sure that Bob had quite a lot of direct contact with Khaldoon whereas now he will be reporting directly to Txiki and Ferran, circumnavigating them won't go down well in which case I'd say Bob's position has been seriously weakened.

Here's another EXCLUSIVE guess...Mancini has had a meeting with his back four about crap defending at set pieces and told our captain that its not good enough!

Our CL progress so far has been unacceptable to a degree - having said that I don't for one second believe these reporters have gotten any genuine info from meetings that have taken place between Mancini and Txiki and anything published is likely to be guesswork.

Mancio said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
ChrisNUFC said:
Forgive my naivety but how exactly does this fella know what was discussed at this meeting?
Perhaps someone told him?

Could be:
- Marwood having a dig.
- Soriano & Begiristain flexing their muscles.
- Guardiola (via S & B) putting the squeeze on.
- Khaldoon or the Sheikh sending a public message.
- the club starting to prepare the ground for Mancini's departure.

Goal.com have been right before and particularly on the Barca connection iirc so theyve clearly got good sources & my assumption would be they've got it from there again. So one of the first three in my view.

just out of curiosity PB , do you have any idea what is the role of a "football director" in a European club and what functions he should play?

If I may answer this question on PB's behalf -

From Wikipedia -

"Director of football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and extremely variable and causes much debate in the sports media. The term is almost exclusively used in the United Kingdom, with "sporting director" or "general manager" often used elsewhere.

The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board and may relieve pressure on a manager by handling aspects away from day-to-day coaching, allowing a manager to focus on on-pitch performance. The director may also help to stabilise the club – many examples exist of director stepping in as a caretaker manager on the departure of the manager. The director – often an experienced football figure – may also positively advise a less experienced manager or the board of a less well developed club.

In contrast, there are many examples of tensions arising between director and manager, often due to questions over the remit and powers of the two positions; particularly with regard to control over transfer policy. This had led to many well publicised and often, highly damaging disputes within clubs."

I think this sums it up well and Txiki if the story is to be believed is laying down a marker.

In one of his interviews Txiki said that DoF must decide which players they'll sign and what style of football the team will play. It's clear he'll be much more active than Marwood and we'll see if Mancini will be able to work with him (doubtful IMHO).

Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:
andyhinch said:
Don't think this was ever bobby's choice of replacement though

was not his task to choose the DoF. the important thing for him is to have won the game against Marwood since thought him incapable.

Of course Bob thought Marwood was incompetent however in the past I'm pretty sure that Bob had quite a lot of direct contact with Khaldoon whereas now he will be reporting directly to Txiki and Ferran, circumnavigating them won't go down well in which case I'd say Bob's position has been seriously weakened.
id make you bang on as usual fella

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:

id make you bang on as usual fella
Of strengthend if Bob has his ear

Burnage Burnsy said:
I presume Greg Stobart was in the meeting with them then?

Either that or he typed up the agenda for the meeting.

How else would he know waht was said - oh right .... he doesn't.

Cock (Greg Stobart not OP)

Errrm, not sure what the OP was thinking when he backed Stobart's bollocks by starting the thread?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.