Mancini v Pellegrini so far ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
BobKowalski said:
OB1 said:
No; it made me snigger at the idea of comparing time at moneybags Inter to time at Villarreal or...

...or time at Lazio and having to sell their best players and other players taking massive paycuts and reaching the SF of the UEFA Cup and winning the Italian Cup. Trouble with playing this game is that Pellers loses every time. Especially in the winning trophies bit. With or without cash.

Snigger that.

I could care less about comparisons of any sort at this point really but my favourite tonight would be that we have scored twice as many goals as any other team in the division.

Yeah. The trophies won column is a real woman.

I'll let you have the goals scored as right now its all you got. Lets hope its true next May.

Mind you we have conceded more goals than a Mark Hughes team. Lets hope that isn't true next May.

Balti said:
johnmc said:
Balti said:
you should try reading your own stuff

why are some people so prepared to slag off our former oh so successful manager and tell us that this guy is so much better when he hasn't had a chance to prove it yet??

maybe he will become even more of a legend but he has to earn that title like his predecessor did

Maybe I should.

But lets not ever buy Messi as he is unproven in this league.

So you think that Pellegrini is the managerial equivalent of Messi?!

Wow we aint seen nothing yet lol

Not at all. How is that comparison even possible?

Your point about being unproven in this league is what I was addressing.

johnmc said:
Balti said:
johnmc said:
Maybe I should.

But lets not ever buy Messi as he is unproven in this league.

i was merely pointing out that he cannot really be compared to Mancini until he has had the same amount of time in charge in this new league at this club. Hopefully he will then have surpassed his predecessor (who faced the same challenges) in the silverware department. it's the slagging off of Mancini that i object to. He does not deserve that and Pellegrini has not earned the right to be talked about as being in some way superior. Or even as yet any where near the same level. Mancini is a City legend and Pellegrini has his work cut out.

And yes I do hope he proves to be even better. Time will tell.

Pelli - apparently players 'love playing for him', yet we look fucking rubish

Mancini - apparently players hated him yet we won the league and won the cup in 2yrs

Pelli has done very well in the past so he must have something about him. I just don't see it yet

The change from Hughes to Mancini was instant and obvious, that's not case with Pelli

Balti said:
johnmc said:
Balti said:

i was merely pointing out that he cannot really be compared to Mancini until he has had the same amount of time in charge in this new league at this club. Hopefully he will then have surpassed his predecessor (who faced the same challenges) in the silverware department. it's the slagging off of Mancini that i object to. He does not deserve that and Pellegrini has not earned the right to be talked about as being in some way superior. Or even as yet any where near the same level. Mancini is a City legend and Pellegrini has his work cut out.

And yes I do hope he proves to be even better. Time will tell.

That's a fair post. I have no qualms with Mancini. Check my post history. But he has gone now. I supported him when he was our manager and I will support Pellers now. Saying someone is unproven in any league is pointless though if they have never had that chance before.

Personally id rather not have the comparisons of who is better, just support for who is in charge.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:15 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Hefner said:

Mancini - apparently players hated him yet we won the league and won the cup in 2yrs

Pelli has done very well in the past so he must have something about him. I just don't see it yet

The change from Hughes to Mancini was instant and obvious, that's not case with Pelli

Nonsense post.

Blue Hefner said:

Well it would be quite hard for pellegrini to have won the cup and the league after 3 games.

BobKowalski said:
OB1 said:
BobKowalski said:
...or time at Lazio and having to sell their best players and other players taking massive paycuts and reaching the SF of the UEFA Cup and winning the Italian Cup. Trouble with playing this game is that Pellers loses every time. Especially in the winning trophies bit. With or without cash.

Snigger that.

I could care less about comparisons of any sort at this point really but my favourite tonight would be that we have scored twice as many goals as any other team in the division.

Yeah. The trophies won column is a real woman.

I'll let you have the goals scored as right now its all you got. Lets hope its true next May.

Mind you we have conceded more goals than a Mark Hughes team. Lets hope that isn't true next May.

Ha, ha, ha. All I've got. I don't need anything: I'm not in a contest and I'm not trying to prove one manager is better than the other. Also don't need to prove that this is a dumb thread or that jumping to conclusions after 3 games is anything other than jumping to conclusions.

Pellegrini wasn't my first choice etc but I was happy enough with his appointment, I'm prepared to for the club to give him time and I certainly hope that he proves to be a wise choice because I love my football club and want them to do well.

It hard to compare a city legend with someone only just starting out, but what I have seen so far Pellers will be gone by Xmas.

Blankomania said:
Blue Hefner said:

Well it would be quite hard for pellegrini to have won the cup and the league after 3 games.

You've missed the point!

I think it clear that we aren't as good as we were this time last year.

Now, we may improve, we should do. But no-one is telling me we are better now than we were this time last year.

I'm not down on Pelli or a 'Mancini inner'. We are just struggling at the moment. This is the touble with forums, one always appears in a 'camp' when really its just an observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.