Mancini v Pellegrini so far ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Hefner said:
Blankomania said:
Blue Hefner said:
Pelli - apparently players 'love playing for him', yet we look fucking rubish

Mancini - apparently players hated him yet we won the league and won the cup in 2yrs

Pelli has done very well in the past so he must have something about him. I just don't see it yet

The change from Hughes to Mancini was instant and obvious, that's not case with Pelli

Well it would be quite hard for pellegrini to have won the cup and the league after 3 games.

You've missed the point!

I think it clear that we aren't as good as we were this time last year.

Now, we may improve, we should do. But no-one is telling me we are better now than we were this time last year.

I'm not down on Pelli or a 'Mancini inner'. We are just struggling at the moment. This is the touble with forums, one always appears in a 'camp' when really its just an observation

You're missing the point!

I was stating it was to early to judge, while you've come to the conclusion that we aren't as good as this time last year. Your words not mine.

I wouldn't compare them at all and agree with previous posters that comparing the two is silly. Each came in with different starting situations, different personnel, different amounts of money to spend, different players, players at different points of their career, different opposition, different players available for transfers, etc etc.

stony said:
ManuelPellegrini said:
Can't believe people are comparing him to mancini already!

Who else are they supposed to compare him with, a fat fucking opera singer ?

He replaced Mancini so rightly or wrongly people are going to use that to measure him.
Made me laugh

yes, let's compare the manager who's had three games to the one who was here for three months. that'll sure be a fair comparison for the new guy.

jesus fuck

Mancini already hit the ground running when he started at City. So he beats Pelle on that already.

Perhaps the thread would be better if it wasn't a comparison of MP and RM but more of a 'how do we currently look?'. I'll be honest, I think there needs to be a lot more work on the pressing game if thats what Pelle wants us to do. It happened during the Newcastle game but didn't happen at Cardiff or yesterday.

Some of the defending has looked woeful but then again you lose your best defender, leader, organiser and Captain and it's bound to have a detrimental effect. In simple terms, we've banged 8 goals in, conceded 3, 2 clean sheets and currently sit 2nd in the Premier League (I know that will change after todays fixtures). We need to improve but then tell me of a stand out team this season, I personally think Tottenham might be the ones to watch. This season is going to be very interesting, we just need to make sure we stay in the mix and at the moment thats where we are.

Lets come back and discuss around November when we can see a truer reflection of Pelle's team, man management and tactics. Hopefully we'll be sitting pretty at the top of the tree and the last two performances will be a distant memory.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Perhaps the thread would be better if it wasn't a comparison of MP and RM but more of a 'how do we currently look?'. I'll be honest, I think there needs to be a lot more work on the pressing game if thats what Pelle wants us to do. It happened during the Newcastle game but didn't happen at Cardiff or yesterday.

Some of the defending has looked woeful but then again you lose your best defender, leader, organiser and Captain and it's bound to have a detrimental effect. In simple terms, we've banged 8 goals in, conceded 3, 2 clean sheets and currently sit 2nd in the Premier League (I know that will change after todays fixtures). We need to improve but then tell me of a stand out team this season, I personally think Tottenham might be the ones to watch. This season is going to be very interesting, we just need to make sure we stay in the mix and at the moment thats where we are.

Lets come back and discuss around November when we can see a truer reflection of Pelle's team, man management and tactics. Hopefully we'll be sitting pretty at the top of the tree and the last two performances will be a distant memory.

Good post.
With hindsight,there were always going to be problems with changing the style of play and also integrating new players at the same time.
Yesterday there was a small improvement in the 2nd half which the manager deserves a bit of
credit for.
Hopefully larger improvements will come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.