Mancini v Pellegrini so far ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me this thread is embarrassing. Comparing a manager who had 3 years to one who has had 3 games is that stupid its actually funny. Im so glad most the fuckers on here dont go to the game. You see better posts on the comment section on goal.com

Bluemoon115 said:
Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:
No; it made me snigger at the idea of comparing time at moneybags Inter to time at Villarreal or...

So we can agree that all comparisons are a bit daft at this point?
That was the point of my post, to show that anything now is ridiculous (like pulling up a win % after 3 games).

I know, my first post in this thread tells you my thoughts on any comparisons.
I'll still back Mancini up to the hilt on here though mate, whatever anyone else thinks of him and whatever flaws he had/has, it won't change the respect I have for him for his time at the club.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm --<br /><br />
cris3000 said:
Balti said:
Bluemoon115 said:
If we are to have a daft thread, I'll throw a daft stat in for you.

Mancini's win % is 59.16.
Pellegrini's is 66.66.

actually in terms of career win stats the current totals are:

Mancini 56.39%
Pellegrini 49.72%

including today

not looking like an upgrade so far is it?

....but then no doubt we're all much more holistic and stuff

Mancini was managing INTER when other sides got destroyed by Calciopoli, he had it easier than any other time of Serie A's existance. The other was managing Villarreal, an mediocre La Liga side and got further than Mancini ever did in Europe. Pellegrini has a 66% winrate@River Plate and 75% at Real Madrid.

I am not a City fan, but Mancini was never a great manager. He was fortunate to manage Inter at that time to boost his credentials. He has managed 2 clubs that were not oil-funded Lazio and Fiorentina. Former had 48% win rate, latter had 22% win rate.

Won trophies at both though?

Mike N said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Mike N said:
We've got a new manager. I've moved on and I think it would be a good idea if other fans did the same.

It's not about moving on, it's a thread discussing the new manager's performance and one of the best ways to do that is to compare to the previous. Maybe this thread isn't for you?

So it doesnt matter that it is completely irrelevant? Compare our present manager to a former manager. Like we are going to get the old one back if he's better than the current one? Wont happen.

Really, it's time for people like you to move on.

Grow up

Pablo1 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Pablo1 said:
So we can agree that all comparisons are a bit daft at this point?
That was the point of my post, to show that anything now is ridiculous (like pulling up a win % after 3 games).

I know, my first post in this thread tells you my thoughts on any comparisons.
I'll still back Mancini up to the hilt on here though mate, whatever anyone else thinks of him and whatever flaws he had/has, it won't change the respect I have for him for his time at the club.

[\quote]

I was a big fan of Mancini for most of his tenure but a point came where I felt his time was up, and it was.

Pellegrini wasn't my first, second, third or even fourth choice to succeed Bobby but I expect him to prove a good choice; he may not but I want to see a lot more games before even contemplating that possibility.

Berkovic_blue said:
Mike N said:
Berkovic_blue said:
It's not about moving on, it's a thread discussing the new manager's performance and one of the best ways to do that is to compare to the previous. Maybe this thread isn't for you?

So it doesnt matter that it is completely irrelevant? Compare our present manager to a former manager. Like we are going to get the old one back if he's better than the current one? Wont happen.

Grow up

So you think we might get Mancini back?

Think you need to grow up.

Mike N said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Mike N said:

Grow up

Are you incapable of reading?

Go to bed or sober up is my last advice to you

Mike N said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Mike N said:

Grow up

You're just putting random words in your posts. Nobody in the universe thinks we're getting Mancini back and BB certainly hasn't said anything remotely like that. Very strange post.

OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
Balti said:

Mancini 56.39%
Pellegrini 49.72%

including today

Wonder if that made OB1 smile?

No; it made me snigger at the idea of comparing time at moneybags Inter to time at Villarreal or...

...or time at Lazio and having to sell their best players and other players taking massive paycuts and reaching the SF of the UEFA Cup and winning the Italian Cup. Trouble with playing this game is that Pellers loses every time. Especially in the winning trophies bit. With or without cash.

Snigger that.

OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
Balti said:

Mancini 56.39%
Pellegrini 49.72%

including today

Wonder if that made OB1 smile?

just career managerial stats as a whole

some on here were so keen to slag Mancini off

the truth is that Pellegrini is unproven at City and in this league

he has a better CL record but has won less overall

time will tell but lets not pretend that this guy is a step up on Mancini until he proves it

and I hope he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.