Mancini v Pellegrini so far ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue ranger said:
My views on RM and MP .......

Mancini was absolutely fantastic for city. If anything we were guilty of being too predictable at times. Our build up was too slow - at the cup final it was clear to see he had lost some of the players. The one thing we did have was a very strong base. In his tenure as manager I felt our defending was exceptional with our goals against record very healthy. And let's not forget the fortress that eastlands became.

Pellegrini has only just started. Like everyone else we all hope he goes on to become even more successful than RM. what has surprised me is our defending and shape on occasions. Even last year we missed Kompany, any team would miss him and not replacing kolo so far isn't ideal. But the bigger worry for me is the formation. It looks like a 4-2-4 to me and the midfield is being over-run. In recent seasons the pundits have talked about city's physical strength in midfield. I'm not seeing that at the moment. It's possibly down to the absence of Barry. Personally find the treatment of him a bitter pill to swallow. Also thought it was a questionable call to put Garcia on the bench ahead of Rodwell today. I think he has a bright future and deserves a place on the bench.

Like I said its early days - but early signs we have lots of work to do.

/thread.

Balti said:
OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
Wonder if that made OB1 smile?

No; it made me snigger at the idea of comparing time at moneybags Inter to time at Villarreal or...

just career managerial stats as a whole

some on here were so keen to slag Mancini off

the truth is that Pellegrini is unproven at City and in this league

he has a better CL record but has won less overall

time will tell but lets not pretend that this guy is a step up on Mancini until he proves it

and I hope he does

Unproven at city and in this league. Well fuck me that is the worst thing I've ever read.

johnmc said:
Balti said:
OB1 said:
No; it made me snigger at the idea of comparing time at moneybags Inter to time at Villarreal or...

time will tell but lets not pretend that this guy is a step up on Mancini until he proves it

and I hope he does

Unproven at city and in this league. Well fuck me that is the worst thing I've ever read.
Unproven, having only managed 3 games.

So let's compare him to a guy who had over three years.

Really?

BobKowalski said:
OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
Wonder if that made OB1 smile?

...or time at Lazio and having to sell their best players and other players taking massive paycuts and reaching the SF of the UEFA Cup and winning the Italian Cup. Trouble with playing this game is that Pellers loses every time. Especially in the winning trophies bit. With or without cash.

Snigger that.

I could care less about comparisons of any sort at this point really but my favourite tonight would be that we have scored twice as many goals as any other team in the division.

Further more a comparison of credibility demands identical circumstances.
This will not happen.

The inextricable outcome of this thread will be could each manager have done x in x game.
A exercise in futility if ever i saw one.

Personally I think Pearce is better than both. Think about it, we didn't score at home for 10 games in a row but still stayed up!

With the money we have now think of the uncut diamonds he could find....

johnmc said:
Balti said:
OB1 said:

and I hope he does

you should try reading your own stuff

why are some people so prepared to slag off our former oh so successful manager and tell us that this guy is so much better when he hasn't had a chance to prove it yet??

maybe he will become even more of a legend but he has to earn that title like his predecessor did

Balti said:
johnmc said:
Balti said:

and I hope he does

why are some people so prepared to slag off our former oh so successful manager and tell us that this guy is so much better when he hasn't had a chance to prove it yet??

maybe he will become even more of a legend but he has to earn that title like his predecessor did

Maybe I should.

But lets not ever buy Messi as he is unproven in this league.

blue ranger said:
My views on RM and MP .......

Mancini was absolutely fantastic for city. If anything we were guilty of being too predictable at times. Our build up was too slow - at the cup final it was clear to see he had lost some of the players. The one thing we did have was a very strong base. In his tenure as manager I felt our defending was exceptional with our goals against record very healthy. And let's not forget the fortress that eastlands became.

Pellegrini has only just started. Like everyone else we all hope he goes on to become even more successful than RM. what has surprised me is our defending and shape on occasions. Even last year we missed Kompany, any team would miss him and not replacing kolo so far isn't ideal. But the bigger worry for me is the formation. It looks like a 4-2-4 to me and the midfield is being over-run. In recent seasons the pundits have talked about city's physical strength in midfield. I'm not seeing that at the moment. It's possibly down to the absence of Barry. Personally find the treatment of him a bitter pill to swallow. Also thought it was a questionable call to put Garcia on the bench ahead of Rodwell today. I think he has a bright future and deserves a place on the bench.

Like I said its early days - but early signs we have lots of work to do.
Not the brightest, are you fellla?

johnmc said:
Balti said:
johnmc said:

Maybe I should.

But lets not ever buy Messi as he is unproven in this league.

So you think that Pellegrini is the managerial equivalent of Messi?!

Wow we aint seen nothing yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.