Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
Patience is a virtue that many on here are lacking, those with patience get called as having " a losing mentality".

Personally I don't think the "patience" argument is particularly compelling when the patience is for one more season. Not saying that that's what you've said Sam, but there seems to be quite a few on here who think Mancini deserves "one more season". Mancini either gets to rebuild the squad and another 2/3 years, or someone else rebuilds the squad. That's the common sense approach IMO when there's so much more money which is going to have to be invested in the playing staff this summer.

samharris said:
Patience is a virtue that many on here are lacking, those with patience get called as having " a losing mentality".

There's nothing wrong with patience. This isn't - at least for me - about being impatient; it's about assessing what Mancini has done in the last three years and deciding that he is not the best way forward.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:
Rammy Blue said:
2731238-you_can_t_be_serious_1coy.jpg

our points total tell me i'm deadly serious. look at the ACN we lose yaya and kolo with no back up whatsoever. yesterday we are without yaya, kun and vinny. we didn't buy those players cos they were not needed, that was the level of player we needed to catch up to the better sides in our league, once they are missing we become ordinary, and thats what we've been at times.
So who is to blame for spending huge sums on the ordinary players like Dzeko, Nasri, Garcia, Kolarov etc?

I didnt see mass ranks on here barating those players when they were being signed ?? did you..

A genuine question for Billy, DD and the like;

If Mourinho (whom you both rate so highly) came to the club to replace Mancini, and three seasons in had the exact same success, would you want him replaced?

samharris said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:
our points total tell me i'm deadly serious. look at the ACN we lose yaya and kolo with no back up whatsoever. yesterday we are without yaya, kun and vinny. we didn't buy those players cos they were not needed, that was the level of player we needed to catch up to the better sides in our league, once they are missing we become ordinary, and thats what we've been at times.
So who is to blame for spending huge sums on the ordinary players like Dzeko, Nasri, Garcia, Kolarov etc?

I didnt see mass ranks on here barating those players when they were being signed ?? did you..
All top quality players

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
More lies/lazy journalism, this time from Joe Lovejoy in the Grauniad. It really does beggar belief that these cünts get paid six figure sums to write this shit.
When it was The Manchester Guardian in the 1930s it was regarded as the finest newspaper in the world. Now it just prints lies and degenerate bullshit.
Thing is BTP, Lovejoy is either a liar or he's incompetent. Knowing the modern history and timeline of any major club should be something that he should have in his head. It should be something that he can immediately call upon. Is it really that much to ask from someone who is generously rewarded for writing about football? The fact that he's posted that about Eriksson suggests he's stupid, tendentious or both.

He's actually a rabid cockney red cnut.

He's also incompetent.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
He won us the league and the fa cup,that buys him 1 more season with me.Has to do better in the champions league and we have to have more than 1 way of playing.

He didnt win us the League nor FA Cup - the owners did.

If anybody manages to stumble across a dafter statement than this today,could they please pm me?

I know breathtaking is an understatement..

markbmcfc said:
A genuine question for Billy, DD and the like;

If Mourinho (whom you both rate so highly) came to the club to replace Mancini, and three seasons in had the exact same success, would you want him replaced?

Depends on a number of factors but if he was consistently getting the best out of his resources: no.

DD said:
Marvin said:
Garcia and nasty were good buys

We should have sold Balotelli in the Summer when we had the chance and replaced him. Now with Aguero injured we're stuck, and Mancini is taking the flak for something that's not his fault.

There's an awful lot been said, but City's current weakness is glaring.

man Utd have Welbeck, RVP, Hernandez, Rooney plus wingers coming out of their ears and we have Dzeko (who wants out, or we want out?) and Tevez. Mancini is not a magician, and can not compete with a Utd squad which has been properly resourced

Hang on. Last I heard it was part of the manager's remit to sign the right players for his squad.

If anyone really believes that Marwood signed players without Mancini's say so then they need their bumps feeling. This is football, not Rugby League.

At the end of the day, a good manager has to rely on being tactically astute at times. He cannot simply be allowed to address every conundrum by throwing money at it. At times, good coaching has to be called into the equation. This guy simply cannot do it. Ferguson is an expert at getting players to play above themselves. Our manager takes our players the other way.

Ferguson makes his team better than the sum of the parts. Our manager makes our players lesser than the sum of the parts. Anyone with any degree of intelligence can see this.

The same Ferguson who blew an 8 point lead last year with a team better than the sum of the parts against a manager who makes his team lesser that the sum of its parts....?? jesus christ.

People are entitled to their opinions one way or the other regarding RM....thats what this forum is all about after all.

My opinion is we should keep Mancini for at least a few more seasons regardless of success...the reason being is becaus he has got us over playing the best football Ive ever seen a city side play in all my 38 yrs of supporting the club. He has brought success and trophies and that alone I believe entitles him to be given time to answer the challenge that utd and other teams are now setting for us again.

My issue with the opinions of Billyshears and DD (and please correct me if I am wrong in this) is that they have NEVER been in favour of Mancini. I seem to recall (again please correct me if I am wrong) that just after Mancini took over from MH I myself was very critical of mancinis tactics (mainly because I believed we were being too defensive etc) and great supporters of this arguement I was having on here were both Billy and DD......(I stand by my cirticisms at the time of Mancini btw)...however since them Manciini has proved me wrong/changed my mind due to the football we are now playing and the success we have had.......Billyshears and DD have never changed their minds regardless of the success we have had. This to me smacks of wantingt hings to happen to just prove a point and not admit you are wrong or at least not give someone the chance (ie RM) that they are wrong. (despite in my opinion the fact that RM has already proved them wrong by winning the FA cup, winning the league and charity shield)

Again if it wasnt either of Billyshears or DD that were original supporters of my criticisms of RM at the start of his tenure at the club then I appologise.

If it was then both of you (and I respect your opinions and your rights to them) do need to take a long look at yourselves. Why are you not willing to give RM time and patience. He has proved you both (and me) wrong by being successful and bringing a style and standard of play of play that in the 37 years Ive been supporting is easily the best and has been successful.

You cannt possibly say that he wont take us to the next lvl...nor can I say he will but what i can say is that he has earnt the right to try for a few years. I dont want to be like chelsea, constantly chopping and changing managers (whether it brings success or not)..that would be just another club to beat us with from outsiders and diminish any success we did have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.