Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
BillyShears said:
samharris said:
You come across as incredibly bitter towards Mancini Billy.. monkey say monkey do and all that.

Not bitter. Just don't rate the guy as highly as you do. Then again I try and watch City matches with my eyes open. ;)

Your eyes may be open but your blinkers are well and truly in place..

Actually my criticisms of Mancini have remained consistent since the latter half of his first full season in charge. He doesn't get the best out of the players in his squad, his man management is poor and this actually leads to players playing below their best for him, he is stubborn to a fault, would rather stick players in unnatural positions than rethink his own tactical decisions, he doesn't seem particularly settled in England and whilst guys like Ancelotti quickly mastered the English language, he seems too arrogant to bother and thus the only real insight you get into his thinking is when he goes home and gives interviews in Italian.

I was kidding when I said you didn't watch games with your eyes open btw ... a little light hearted jest rather than anything as serious as "you're a fucking JCL plastic where's your banners you tossers blah blah blah". :)

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
It's precisely this kind of deliberate and disingenuous misinterpretation of what Mancini's detractors are actually saying, that makes me fucking despair of this site.

"Not winning the league this year" is not an issue. We could finish 4th this season and as long as we had simply been the recipients of umpteen dodgy reffing decisions, or created barrel loads of chances whilst playing decent football, I genuinely wouldn't care. The issue is that we have a manager too stubborn, too blinkered, too one dimensional, both in terms of his tactics, his formations and the assemblage of a hugely expensive squad that is utterly bereft of pace, to learn from his mistakes. Losing games now and then to sides that have simply outplayed us on the day, is not a problem. Losing to the same sides, employing the same tactics against us repeatedly (be it a high press or a parked bus), and having no answers to those tactics, is a problem however. Mancini reminds me of me playing my kids at Call of Duty; trapped in a corner, facing a wall, and marching up against it dementedly like a robot with a chip loose. "Does not compute, does not compute, can't seem to face right way".....followed by plumes of smoke billowing out of its ears.
Add to that his unique method of motivating his team by ranting and waving his arms around, before fucking off home on the first available flight, and he does not inspire confidence.
It's not that he's a shit manager, far from it (he gets plenty right), but he has some severe limitations that are being exposed by opposition teams on an increasing basis. If he stays, I can virtually guarantee you we'll be sitting here this time next year, discussing the same early European exit and the same spineless defeats on Merseyside. For the good of the future progression of the club, the owners need to make the difficult decision of axing him in the summer, and if that makes me a JCL, as one poster would dementedly have it, then so be it.

Good post particularly the first couple of lines. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees through the disingenuous bullshit which is being put forward as rational arguments.

The boy (Exeter) knows his footballing onions.

WELL SAID - EXACTLY what i've been banging on about for 18 months!

GaudinoMotors said:
You make me want to give you that brick.
I have the opposite experience - everyone I meet wants Mancini to be backed and given another year. In fact the only people I know who want him out are you and your 4 mates - and of course the "I can't take defeat" keyboard drama Queens with about 100 - 200 posts who come on after a loss.
Not putting you in that category of course - you and the regular anti Mancini psoters are eloquent and put over good and at times persuasive argument.

Of the people I go to the games with, one (aged 70) thinks Mancini is incompetant. The lad who sits with me was behind him but has given up on him. Another mate is in the "whatever will be will be" camp. My ex-next door neighbour has always been a "we can't just keep sacking managers" camp but now is pretty much "I'll back the owners whatever". Me, I want him out. Most of us played the game all of our lives.

I'd say that amongst City fans who understand the game there is a lot of cynicism and some outright hostility to Mancini now. To claim that there are four City fans who don't rate him is just nonsense of course. The majority of blues are in the wavering middle ground, and that in itself says a lot.

Danielmanc said:
OB1 said:
samharris said:
The same Ferguson who blew an 8 point lead last year with a team better than the sum of the parts..?? jesus christ.

You may have noticed that was a blip. The fact that United actually stayed with us last season was a huge achievement.

United come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and it is a 'blip'. City come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and we should sack the manager - some strange interpretations on this thread

How many points did we win the league by? not gonna use Google but I'm sure it was less than 15.

ANY1aBLUE said:
waspish said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
If anybody manages to stumble across a dafter statement than this today,could they please pm me?

I know breathtaking is an understatement..

Isnt it odd how im being contacted by other bluemooner's in 'private messages' here - who agree with me but are too worried about saying so on this site? That's not what a discussion forum should result in..............

Its a forum people are going to disagree and pull up other posters when they think a certain part of there post is Ridicules..

People disagree and pull me up in what I have posted in the past I take it on board reanalyse what I posted and either back down apologies or stick to my point!

I've intentionally stayed off the forum since Saturday. I didn't expect us to win on Saturday and once I saw the line up, I knew we won't win.

Do I blame the Manager - yes
Do I blame the Players - yes

Something is not right - We just do not learn - all this he won us a trophies and we are champions etc etc. Is all gobbledy gook in my opinion

He isn't learning. We have been piss poor away from home since Liverpool last season. The 2 derby wins, the 1st 3rd of the season and our home form saw us over the line, and that was just about

The RAGs really should have won last season. From that Liverpool game to the end
MCFC – 55 points – 26 games
MUFC – 60 Points – 26 games

And people can say what the fuck they like - well it didn't happen blah blah blah. I'm so glad it didn't, cause trust me it was one of the best nights of my life. But we move on and look at the future

This season they have run away with it. Surely the Manager must take some responsibility.

We have been pathetic away from home. Arsenal & Newcastle were 2 games where we have shown promise.

We've been damn lucky with the FA cup draws this season. I just hope that we can get to the final and win it. Be a great send of for Mancini.

But he has to go - I do not see Mancini seeing the error of his ways and that's where he will get stuck. We as a club should no way be looking at sticking here. If Jose turns up at either RAGs or Chelsea (at the mo I see Chelsea) - we're in deep shit

Danielmanc said:
OB1 said:
samharris said:
The same Ferguson who blew an 8 point lead last year with a team better than the sum of the parts..?? jesus christ.

You may have noticed that was a blip. The fact that United actually stayed with us last season was a huge achievement.

United come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and it is a 'blip'. City come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and we should sack the manager - some strange interpretations on this thread

United came second with a record points haul and lost on goal difference to a team that, IMO, had a considerably stronger squad. This season we are, you may have noticed, 15 points behind them as they waltz to another title, possibly a double. I'd say it was a blip.

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:
Not bitter. Just don't rate the guy as highly as you do. Then again I try and watch City matches with my eyes open. ;)

Your eyes may be open but your blinkers are well and truly in place..

Actually my criticisms of Mancini have remained consistent since the latter half of his first full season in charge. He doesn't get the best out of the players in his squad, his man management is poor and this actually leads to players playing below their best for him, he is stubborn to a fault, would rather stick players in unnatural positions than rethink his own tactical decisions, he doesn't seem particularly settled in England and whilst guys like Ancelotti quickly mastered the English language, he seems too arrogant to bother and thus the only real insight you get into his thinking is when he goes home and gives interviews in Italian.

I was kidding when I said you didn't watch games with your eyes open btw ... a little light hearted jest rather than anything as serious as "you're a fucking JCL plastic where's your banners you tossers blah blah blah". :)

I would never ever question anyones loyalty Billy, and I took your comment in jest re my reply..we just share differing views is all..
Not the be all end all of everything eh mate.
I do believe that posters should not accuse other posters of having losing mentalities either because in a way its questioning loyalty too.

OB1 said:
Danielmanc said:
OB1 said:

United came second with a record points haul and lost on goal difference to a team that, IMO, had a considerably stronger squad. This season we are, you may have noticed, 15 points behind them as they waltz to another title, possibly a double. I'd say it was a blip.

We've yet to finish second also.

ANY1aBLUE said:
waspish said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
If anybody manages to stumble across a dafter statement than this today,could they please pm me?

I know breathtaking is an understatement..

Isnt it odd how im being contacted by other bluemooner's in 'private messages' here - who agree with me but are too worried about saying so on this site? That's not what a discussion forum should result in..............

Don't talk utter nonsense.
Nobody is afraid to post an opinion on here,whichever camp they are in.
Equally,nobody really cares about the contents of your inbox.
You made a statement that our owners won the Premiership and the FA Cup - a statement so ludicrous that even the most ardent 'outer' would probably disassociate himself from it,then start whinging about freedom of speech when a couple of posters pull you up on it.
If you don't want negative feedback,then don't post daft stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.