Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
samharris said:
OB1 said:
United came second with a record points haul and lost on goal difference to a team that, IMO, had a considerably stronger squad. This season we are, you may have noticed, 15 points behind them as they waltz to another title, possibly a double. I'd say it was a blip.

Did you think Mancini was clueless and tactically inept last season when we were playing well and scoring for fun and winning the title.??

No, but we were playing our own game then, virtually unmolested. This season the opposition have wised up on our limitations and we've seen City succumb repeatedly against the high press and the parked bus. Do you think Mancini has been tactically adroit in the face of this, or do you think (as the evidence of Southampton, Everton, Liverpool, Dortmund etc etc, suggests) he has been increasingly found wanting?

we all thought our team was good enough to progress this year with slight tweaking, it hasnt worked cos some of our targets didnt materialise. We lost De Jong and gained garcia & Nasty but as you say we have been found out so we must address it this summer..Dead wood out new wood in keep Bob cos he does have knowledge of the prem . lets see,if goes tits up you lot can have a field day against us Mancini inners and you get yerselves a new manager..

youre in a no lose situation,but you have to wait a bit. :)

BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
laudrup?

mourinho?

pelegrini?

who do the outers genuinely think we could get?

You can't see past Mourinho as the outstanding number 1 candidate who will be available this summer. After him it's Klopp. From there it's into the realms of Pelegrini, Laudrup, etc.

Yep if our owners part with Mancini Mourinho is the ONLY candidate!

If we even taken out the see-saw effect of our own standpoint...

There are too many of our current squad who want out as a result of Mancini being our manager next season.

Sure, some of them will have axes to grind.

But they can't all be wrong.

waspish said:
BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
laudrup?

mourinho?

pelegrini?

You can't see past Mourinho as the outstanding number 1 candidate who will be available this summer. After him it's Klopp. From there it's into the realms of Pelegrini, Laudrup, etc.

I don't think the owners are that myopic. Mourinho is the outstanding candidate but not the only one IMO. Reactions around the forum will be interesting when Mancini is replaced (whether it's this summer or next), because if I were a betting man I'd be betting on Laudrup/Pelegrini rather than Mourinho being his successor.

Marvin said:
whicko said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Whilst some of us have the odd rant after a game (me included), the majority of hostility on this forum unquestionably comes from those who seek to protect Mancini.
How do you know that its not the interfering Spanish duo who have wrecked our season, seems a bit of a coincidence that since they arrived on the scene its all gone belly up!
We've failed to retain the title, but I'm not sure we could have done anything about it.

Can you manage a situation when you lose your star striker, and sell the other? I don't think in the Summer you could have expected that Balotelli would want to jump ship, and that Aguero would get injured. Combine with a season changing deflection off the wall in injury time in the Manchester Derby - these are the cruel fates of football.

I am not too dis-heartened. You can already see signs of decay at Man Utd. The manner of our title win has raised their mentality to unprecedented levels but you can not stop the march of time and Ferdinand, Giggs, Evra, Vidic, RVP, Scholes and Rooney are all on the downward path.

All we have to do is keep our heads and stick with the formula that has worked. The Spanish duo are intelligent men

They beat a relegation fodder team at the swamp 1-0 with a deflected goal..

we are gonna be giving them some serious headaches in the years to come,in fact migrane is the word im looking for.

BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
laudrup?

mourinho?

pelegrini?

I'd be very happy with Mourinho, but the others? Klopp's Dortmund are 20 points behind Bayern Munich. That's a double-standard. I know of the Champions League, but in the previous season Klopp's Dortmund finished bottom of their Group too. You are in to much of a rush to abandon what we have and assume that success will continue no problem. Abramovic has kept his team going - just about but his playing squad was a lot stronger and a lot more settled. We're still in transition and if you get your way we could be on the road to nowhere

BillyShears said:
waspish said:
BillyShears said:

I don't think the owners are that myopic. Mourinho is the outstanding candidate but not the only one IMO. Reactions around the forum will be interesting when Mancini is replaced (whether it's this summer or next), because if I were a betting man I'd be betting on Laudrup/Pelegrini rather than Mourinho being his successor.

do you think either of those will be more successful than mancini?

BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
laudrup?

mourinho?

pelegrini?

i'd agree but don't think klopp would come, what he's building at dortmund is special and can't see him wanting to leave it behind.

my candidates would be 1.jose 2.laudrup 3.pelegrini, obviously i'd have klopp as 2 if he wanted to come.

Marvin said:
whicko said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Whilst some of us have the odd rant after a game (me included), the majority of hostility on this forum unquestionably comes from those who seek to protect Mancini.
How do you know that its not the interfering Spanish duo who have wrecked our season, seems a bit of a coincidence that since they arrived on the scene its all gone belly up!
We've failed to retain the title, but I'm not sure we could have done anything about it.

Can you manage a situation when you lose your star striker, and sell the other? I don't think in the Summer you could have expected that Balotelli would want to jump ship, and that Aguero would get injured. Combine with a season changing deflection off the wall in injury time in the Manchester Derby - these are the cruel fates of football.

I am not too dis-heartened. You can already see signs of decay at Man Utd. The manner of our title win has raised their mentality to unprecedented levels but you can not stop the march of time and Ferdinand, Giggs, Evra, Vidic, RVP, Scholes and Rooney are all on the downward path.

All we have to do is keep our heads and stick with the formula that has worked. The Spanish duo are intelligent men

I used to see signs of decay, but now I realise we just had our head in the sands. How long is it people have been saying 'this is the worst united team for years'? It's been every season for about the past 5. There isn't a decay. Their manager, unfortunately, is phenomenal.

They have swept aside the league this year. And it will be in part, as response to our win last year. I wonder if we will respond in the same way next year?

samharris said:
OB1 said:
Danielmanc said:
United come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and it is a 'blip'. City come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and we should sack the manager - some strange interpretations on this thread

United came second with a record points haul and lost on goal difference to a team that, IMO, had a considerably stronger squad. This season we are, you may have noticed, 15 points behind them as they waltz to another title, possibly a double. I'd say it was a blip.

Did you think Mancini was clueless and tactically inept last season when we were playing well and scoring for fun and winning the title.??

I don't think Mancini is clueless or tactically inept. Read some of my other posts from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.