Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Yes,but that 'odd rant after a game' has a habit of lasting all week,albeit regurgitated in slightly different wording,and that's why folk like myself switch off to the debate,because very little new product seems to come to the table.
I'm not blaming you,or either side, or anyone in particular for this - we can all be intransigent and pig-headed when it suits,but it achieves nothing,other than getting it off our collective chests.
Trying to take some supposed moral high ground by effectively saying 'you lot are nastier than our lot' is,again,reducing things to the level of the playground,and we end up with the same half dozen folk on either side just picking over the carcass of what was once a discussion in an increasingly futile attempt to score fatuous brownie points.
I know the term Groundhog Day has been done to death,but it has never been more apt.
No hearts and minds are being won over here,by either side,and I should imagine that a fair proportion of the forum just speed read a couple of posts on threads like this every day,roll their eyes skywards,and go about their day,safe in the knowledge that nothing has changed in the interim.
You sometimes like to have a pop at the Cellar,but when the debate here just seems to go around in ever-decreasing circles and ends in the same bout of name-calling and recriminations,can you honestly blame folk for seeking solace in some mindless escapism elsewhere?

If you don't like debate over the manager, just don't join in. Go and do your Cellar thing and leave us to do our football thing. It couldn't be more simple.

I don't go on the endless threads down there about nipples, or MILFS, or computer games firing insults around because I think the content is infantile and pathetic. So what gives you and the same 7 or 8 bottom feeders the right to do the same on football threads, especially given that this is a football forum?

And if that little clique of bottom feeders run their own thread designed to insult those who don't rate the manager, particularly me, don't be surprised if I keep coming down to laugh at it and take the piss out of you all. Because if there's any place on Bluemoon worthy of contempt and mocking, it's that self-congratulatory, boys-locker-room bitchfest of a thread.

You and your pals go and do your thing, and leave us up here to talk football. Is that not fair? If you don't like what's being said, counter it, don't just chuck stones at it.

You dont go on the MILF thread.??.. All those young girlies,yeah right ;)

You do know what MILF means, right?

Marvin said:
dancity19 said:
Marvin said:
We've failed to retain the title, but I'm not sure we could have done anything about it.

Can you manage a situation when you lose your star striker, and sell the other? I don't think in the Summer you could have expected that Balotelli would want to jump ship, and that Aguero would get injured. Combine with a season changing deflection off the wall in injury time in the Manchester Derby - these are the cruel fates of football.

I am not too dis-heartened. You can already see signs of decay at Man Utd. The manner of our title win has raised their mentality to unprecedented levels but you can not stop the march of time and Ferdinand, Giggs, Evra, Vidic, RVP, Scholes and Rooney are all on the downward path.

All we have to do is keep our heads and stick with the formula that has worked. The Spanish duo are intelligent men

I used to see signs of decay, but now I realise we just had our head in the sands. How long is it people have been saying 'this is the worst united team for years'? It's been every season for about the past 5. There isn't a decay. Their manager, unfortunately, is phenomenal.

They have swept aside the league this year. And it will be in part, as response to our win last year. I wonder if we will respond in the same way next year?
It's the memory of our win that has driven them on this season.

Their standard of play is not that good. if they keep the same playing squad next season we will overtake them with the addition of one good striker.

There are too many players at Utd who are approaching the end of their careers. They have a lot of young players who they have bought to replace them, but they've ended up being almost totally reliant on the old guard.

I almost agree with you mate. But then I think, how long have we been saying this for. United aren't that good. etc etc. If we were good last season....they finished on the same points as us....this season, they have destroyed the whole league.
It doesn't matter that they rely on the old guard too much, they will replace them. Ultimately, they have an unbelievable manager who gets the most out of his players almost every season.

I am sick of saying United aren't that good, they are don't play nice football. They clearly are good, and they are effective.

crystal_mais said:
Marvin said:
dancity19 said:
I used to see signs of decay, but now I realise we just had our head in the sands. How long is it people have been saying 'this is the worst united team for years'? It's been every season for about the past 5. There isn't a decay. Their manager, unfortunately, is phenomenal.

They have swept aside the league this year. And it will be in part, as response to our win last year. I wonder if we will respond in the same way next year?
It's the memory of our win that has driven them on this season.

Their standard of play is not that good. if they keep the same playing squad next season we will overtake them with the addition of one good striker.

There are too many players at Utd who are approaching the end of their careers. They have a lot of young players who they have bought to replace them, but they've ended up being almost totally reliant on the old guard.

you really believe that?? They will splash the cash this summer
Maybe they will but that doesn't guarantee anything. They will have to replace a lot of players in one season.

ban-mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
laudrup?

mourinho?

pelegrini?

who do the outers genuinely think we could get?

You can't see past Mourinho as the outstanding number 1 candidate who will be available this summer. After him it's Klopp. From there it's into the realms of Pelegrini, Laudrup, etc.

i'd agree but don't think klopp would come, what he's building at dortmund is special and can't see him wanting to leave it behind.

my candidates would be 1.jose 2.laudrup 3.pelegrini, obviously i'd have klopp as 2 if he wanted to come.

Not because of defeat on Sunday but I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes is candidate too.

Proven Premier League manager, good both tactically and motivationally, not bad at transfer market too, and on top of that Brittish who wouldn't get lot of stick from media that might be important to PR that City care a lot about it seems.

I'd find him as one of favorites for the job if it is not to his lack of experience in Europe.

Big Dave Watson said:
samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If you don't like debate over the manager, just don't join in. Go and do your Cellar thing and leave us to do our football thing. It couldn't be more simple.

I don't go on the endless threads down there about nipples, or MILFS, or computer games firing insults around because I think the content is infantile and pathetic. So what gives you and the same 7 or 8 bottom feeders the right to do the same on football threads, especially given that this is a football forum?

And if that little clique of bottom feeders run their own thread designed to insult those who don't rate the manager, particularly me, don't be surprised if I keep coming down to laugh at it and take the piss out of you all. Because if there's any place on Bluemoon worthy of contempt and mocking, it's that self-congratulatory, boys-locker-room bitchfest of a thread.

You and your pals go and do your thing, and leave us up here to talk football. Is that not fair? If you don't like what's being said, counter it, don't just chuck stones at it.

Oh yes !! :) think about it bud.;)

01cravend said:
Kun Aguero said:
Danielmanc said:
United come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and it is a 'blip'. City come second and go out of the CL in the group stages and we should sack the manager - some strange interpretations on this thread

We haven't finished second yet

United haven't won it yet.

Big Dave Watson said:
samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Oh yes !! :) think about it bud.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.