Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we even taken out the see-saw effect of our own standpoint...

There are too many of our current squad who want out as a result of Mancini being our manager next season.

Sure, some of them will have axes to grind.

But they can't all be wrong.

Who do you imagine these players are that want out ?? and could they be replaced or are you talking prestige ??

ban-mcfc said:
i'd agree but don't think klopp would come, what he's building at dortmund is special and can't see him wanting to leave it behind.

my candidates would be 1.jose 2.laudrup 3.pelegrini, obviously i'd have klopp as 2 if he wanted to come.

I'm quietly hoping Klopp wins the CL ... if he does I reckon he could be tempted away from Dortmund for a project as special as MCFC.

Pelegrini and Laudrup would represent a risk, but then the key to the next appointment is going to be a strong working relationship with Txiki and Ferran to create the kind of football set up which Barca had with the two men and Guardiola.

What seems quite evident to me is that Mancini isn't that guy.

OB1 said:
samharris said:
OB1 said:
United came second with a record points haul and lost on goal difference to a team that, IMO, had a considerably stronger squad. This season we are, you may have noticed, 15 points behind them as they waltz to another title, possibly a double. I'd say it was a blip.

Did you think Mancini was clueless and tactically inept last season when we were playing well and scoring for fun and winning the title.??

I don't think Mancini is clueless or tactically inept. Read some of my other posts from today.

no need. answer is in front of me.

dancity19 said:
Exeter Blue was spot on with his post.

For the want of a better term the "inners" believe the "outers" have only lost faith in Mancini due to the fact we are unlikely to win the league, thus seeing us as spoilt brats etc etc.

This is completely untrue, were we second, but taking United all the way then that would be fine. Similar to how they pushed us to the very last second of last season. As it is, we are as close to 8th place than 1st.

The defence of our title has been pitiful. Our Champions League campaign was...pitiful. We don't expect to win something every year, but we expect progression/consolidation, not complete and utter regression.

Almost the entire squad has under performed this year, and that has to be down to the manager, ultimately.

At the start of the season the party line for the 'inners' was, well at least we are unbeaten. Anyone could see through this as draws which should have been wins. What has happened since then....4 defeats. Mancini has seemingly turned away from the free flowing attacking football that we saw last season, and taken us back to that more 'lets not get beaten' style we saw a few seasons ago.

What really disappoints, is, when being completely honest, how many highlights can you take from this season. On a personal level I can take Madrid away, as it was a fantastic trip, but as a set of supporters..? I remember last season I couldn't wait to watch match of the day every week to watch our attractive football again. This season, even when we won we have scraped through a lot. What has happened to our style and panache? There have been so few times we have actually played well.

I endorse all of the above and I was guilty of taking succor from the fact that we were unbeaten but instead of building on that, we've deteriorated.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we even taken out the see-saw effect of our own standpoint...

There are too many of our current squad who want out as a result of Mancini being our manager next season.

Sure, some of them will have axes to grind.

But they can't all be wrong.

The very biggest problem for me is probably his man-management: looking on from the outside, it appears to be bad and getting worse.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
Us Mancini outers have cynicism of course we do,we simply dont have the hostility and the difference is we are prepared to wait and see if things can be turned around.

Whilst some of us have the odd rant after a game (me included), the majority of hostility on this forum unquestionably comes from those who seek to protect Mancini.

Yes,but that 'odd rant after a game' has a habit of lasting all week,albeit regurgitated in slightly different wording,and that's why folk like myself switch off to the debate,because very little new product seems to come to the table.
I'm not blaming you,or either side, or anyone in particular for this - we can all be intransigent and pig-headed when it suits,but it achieves nothing,other than getting it off our collective chests.
Trying to take some supposed moral high ground by effectively saying 'you lot are nastier than our lot' is,again,reducing things to the level of the playground,and we end up with the same half dozen folk on either side just picking over the carcass of what was once a discussion in an increasingly futile attempt to score fatuous brownie points.
I know the term Groundhog Day has been done to death,but it has never been more apt.
No hearts and minds are being won over here,by either side,and I should imagine that a fair proportion of the forum just speed read a couple of posts on threads like this every day,roll their eyes skywards,and go about their day,safe in the knowledge that nothing has changed in the interim.
You sometimes like to have a pop at the Cellar,but when the debate here just seems to go around in ever-decreasing circles and ends in the same bout of name-calling and recriminations,can you honestly blame folk for seeking solace in some mindless escapism elsewhere?

If you don't like debate over the manager, just don't join in. Go and do your Cellar thing and leave us to do our football thing. It couldn't be more simple.

I don't go on the endless threads down there about nipples, or MILFS, or computer games firing insults around because I think the content is infantile and pathetic. So what gives you and the same 7 or 8 bottom feeders the right to do the same on football threads, especially given that this is a football forum?

And if that little clique of bottom feeders run their own thread designed to insult those who don't rate the manager, particularly me, don't be surprised if I keep coming down to laugh at it and take the piss out of you all. Because if there's any place on Bluemoon worthy of contempt and mocking, it's that self-congratulatory, boys-locker-room bitchfest of a thread.

You and your pals go and do your thing, and leave us up here to talk football. Is that not fair? If you don't like what's being said, counter it, don't just chuck stones at it.

BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
i'd agree but don't think klopp would come, what he's building at dortmund is special and can't see him wanting to leave it behind.

my candidates would be 1.jose 2.laudrup 3.pelegrini, obviously i'd have klopp as 2 if he wanted to come.

I'm quietly hoping Klopp wins the CL ... if he does I reckon he could be tempted away from Dortmund for a project as special as MCFC.

Pelegrini and Laudrup would represent a risk, but then the key to the next appointment is going to be a strong working relationship with Txiki and Ferran to create the kind of football set up which Barca had with the two men and Guardiola.

What seems quite evident to me is that Mancini isn't that guy.

that's why i'm thinking laudrup.

tixi wants more control and laudrup would be a good addition and more of a yes man than mancini.

Didsbury Dave said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Whilst some of us have the odd rant after a game (me included), the majority of hostility on this forum unquestionably comes from those who seek to protect Mancini.

Yes,but that 'odd rant after a game' has a habit of lasting all week,albeit regurgitated in slightly different wording,and that's why folk like myself switch off to the debate,because very little new product seems to come to the table.
I'm not blaming you,or either side, or anyone in particular for this - we can all be intransigent and pig-headed when it suits,but it achieves nothing,other than getting it off our collective chests.
Trying to take some supposed moral high ground by effectively saying 'you lot are nastier than our lot' is,again,reducing things to the level of the playground,and we end up with the same half dozen folk on either side just picking over the carcass of what was once a discussion in an increasingly futile attempt to score fatuous brownie points.
I know the term Groundhog Day has been done to death,but it has never been more apt.
No hearts and minds are being won over here,by either side,and I should imagine that a fair proportion of the forum just speed read a couple of posts on threads like this every day,roll their eyes skywards,and go about their day,safe in the knowledge that nothing has changed in the interim.
You sometimes like to have a pop at the Cellar,but when the debate here just seems to go around in ever-decreasing circles and ends in the same bout of name-calling and recriminations,can you honestly blame folk for seeking solace in some mindless escapism elsewhere?

If you don't like debate over the manager, just don't join in. Go and do your Cellar thing and leave us to do our football thing. It couldn't be more simple.

I don't go on the endless threads down there about nipples, or MILFS, or computer games firing insults around because I think the content is infantile and pathetic. So what gives you and the same 7 or 8 bottom feeders the right to do the same on football threads, especially given that this is a football forum?

And if that little clique of bottom feeders run their own thread designed to insult those who don't rate the manager, particularly me, don't be surprised if I keep coming down to laugh at it and take the piss out of you all. Because if there's any place on Bluemoon worthy of contempt and mocking, it's that self-congratulatory, boys-locker-room bitchfest of a thread.

You and your pals go and do your thing, and leave us up here to talk football. Is that not fair? If you don't like what's being said, counter it, don't just chuck stones at it.

You dont go on the MILF thread.??.. All those young girlies,yeah right ;)

dancity19 said:
Marvin said:
whicko said:
How do you know that its not the interfering Spanish duo who have wrecked our season, seems a bit of a coincidence that since they arrived on the scene its all gone belly up!
We've failed to retain the title, but I'm not sure we could have done anything about it.

Can you manage a situation when you lose your star striker, and sell the other? I don't think in the Summer you could have expected that Balotelli would want to jump ship, and that Aguero would get injured. Combine with a season changing deflection off the wall in injury time in the Manchester Derby - these are the cruel fates of football.

I am not too dis-heartened. You can already see signs of decay at Man Utd. The manner of our title win has raised their mentality to unprecedented levels but you can not stop the march of time and Ferdinand, Giggs, Evra, Vidic, RVP, Scholes and Rooney are all on the downward path.

All we have to do is keep our heads and stick with the formula that has worked. The Spanish duo are intelligent men

I used to see signs of decay, but now I realise we just had our head in the sands. How long is it people have been saying 'this is the worst united team for years'? It's been every season for about the past 5. There isn't a decay. Their manager, unfortunately, is phenomenal.

They have swept aside the league this year. And it will be in part, as response to our win last year. I wonder if we will respond in the same way next year?
It's the memory of our win that has driven them on this season.

Their standard of play is not that good. if they keep the same playing squad next season we will overtake them with the addition of one good striker.

There are too many players at Utd who are approaching the end of their careers. They have a lot of young players who they have bought to replace them, but they've ended up being almost totally reliant on the old guard.

Didsbury Dave said:

Do us a favour and just name the bottom feeders Dave. You know who they are. Name them.

Marvin said:
dancity19 said:
Marvin said:
We've failed to retain the title, but I'm not sure we could have done anything about it.

Can you manage a situation when you lose your star striker, and sell the other? I don't think in the Summer you could have expected that Balotelli would want to jump ship, and that Aguero would get injured. Combine with a season changing deflection off the wall in injury time in the Manchester Derby - these are the cruel fates of football.

I am not too dis-heartened. You can already see signs of decay at Man Utd. The manner of our title win has raised their mentality to unprecedented levels but you can not stop the march of time and Ferdinand, Giggs, Evra, Vidic, RVP, Scholes and Rooney are all on the downward path.

All we have to do is keep our heads and stick with the formula that has worked. The Spanish duo are intelligent men

I used to see signs of decay, but now I realise we just had our head in the sands. How long is it people have been saying 'this is the worst united team for years'? It's been every season for about the past 5. There isn't a decay. Their manager, unfortunately, is phenomenal.

They have swept aside the league this year. And it will be in part, as response to our win last year. I wonder if we will respond in the same way next year?
It's the memory of our win that has driven them on this season.

Their standard of play is not that good. if they keep the same playing squad next season we will overtake them with the addition of one good striker.

There are too many players at Utd who are approaching the end of their careers. They have a lot of young players who they have bought to replace them, but they've ended up being almost totally reliant on the old guard.

you really believe that?? They will splash the cash this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.