Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we even taken out the see-saw effect of our own standpoint...

There are too many of our current squad who want out as a result of Mancini being our manager next season.

Sure, some of them will have axes to grind.

But they can't all be wrong.

Who do you imagine these players are that want out ?? and could they be replaced or are you talking prestige ??

There are obviously some that Mancini has already made it clear he feels are not pulling their weight or not up to scratch.

I put some of it down to a weak mentality, but Mancini and City should have known this in the first place.

I genuinely think we will see six or seven out the door if Mancini is retained, outside of those out of contract.

And perhaps still four or five should he not be.

Whoever the manager is, it will be the biggest aspect of the job to date. Great for the fans, but a nightmare to implement when it comes to the related negotiations.

I have seen some offer their own arguments, but I expect City to spend well over £100m this summer.

Obviously, a large proportion of this will be down to sales and the additional £20m we already have from the Mario sale.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we even taken out the see-saw effect of our own standpoint...

There are too many of our current squad who want out as a result of Mancini being our manager next season.

Sure, some of them will have axes to grind.

But they can't all be wrong.

Who do you imagine these players are that want out ?? and could they be replaced or are you talking prestige ??

There are obviously some that Mancini has already made it clear he feels are not pulling their weight or not up to scratch.

I put some of it down to a weak mentality, but Mancini and City should have known this in the first place.

I genuinely think we will see six or seven out the door if Mancini is retained, outside of those out of contract.

And perhaps still four or five should should he not be.

Whoever the manager is, it will be the biggest aspect of the job to date. Great for the fans, but a nightmare to implement when it comes to the related negotiations.

I have seen some offer their own arguments, but I expect City to spend well over £100m this summer.

Obviously, a large proportion of this will be down to sales and the additional £20m we already have from the Mario sale.

We need change,theres no doubt about that, but replacing prestige players was my main worry.

samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
samharris said:

We need change,theres no doubt about that, but replacing prestige players was my main worry.

Maybe having too many prestige players is the problem when creating a team - just a thought

Didsbury Dave said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Whilst some of us have the odd rant after a game (me included), the majority of hostility on this forum unquestionably comes from those who seek to protect Mancini.

Yes,but that 'odd rant after a game' has a habit of lasting all week,albeit regurgitated in slightly different wording,and that's why folk like myself switch off to the debate,because very little new product seems to come to the table.
I'm not blaming you,or either side, or anyone in particular for this - we can all be intransigent and pig-headed when it suits,but it achieves nothing,other than getting it off our collective chests.
Trying to take some supposed moral high ground by effectively saying 'you lot are nastier than our lot' is,again,reducing things to the level of the playground,and we end up with the same half dozen folk on either side just picking over the carcass of what was once a discussion in an increasingly futile attempt to score fatuous brownie points.
I know the term Groundhog Day has been done to death,but it has never been more apt.
No hearts and minds are being won over here,by either side,and I should imagine that a fair proportion of the forum just speed read a couple of posts on threads like this every day,roll their eyes skywards,and go about their day,safe in the knowledge that nothing has changed in the interim.
You sometimes like to have a pop at the Cellar,but when the debate here just seems to go around in ever-decreasing circles and ends in the same bout of name-calling and recriminations,can you honestly blame folk for seeking solace in some mindless escapism elsewhere?

If you don't like debate over the manager, just don't join in. Go and do your Cellar thing and leave us to do our football thing. It couldn't be more simple.

I don't go on the endless threads down there about nipples, or MILFS, or computer games firing insults around because I think the content is infantile and pathetic. So what gives you and the same 7 or 8 bottom feeders the right to do the same on football threads, especially given that this is a football forum?

And if that little clique of bottom feeders run their own thread designed to insult those who don't rate the manager, particularly me, don't be surprised if I keep coming down to laugh at it and take the piss out of you all. Because if there's any place on Bluemoon worthy of contempt and mocking, it's that self-congratulatory, boys-locker-room bitchfest of a thread.

You and your pals go and do your thing, and leave us up here to talk football. Is that not fair? If you don't like what's being said, counter it, don't just chuck stones at it.

You really just don't get it,do you?
There is no fucking debate to be had here - anyone with a half-functioning brain can see that.
Just the same tired rhetoric from the same tired posters.
Have you ever noticed just how many forumites out of 50 odd thousand actually bother with these threads on a regular basis anymore?
Probably about 30 or so - doesn't that tell you something?
Namely that the majority,who probably care just as much as you do about the future of the club,have simply switched off in despair?
You prattle on about 'if you don't like it,then stay away',yet feel compelled to pop down to a Cellar you hate to tell us all how wrong we are.
Can you not see the hypocrisy here?
Calling folk 'bottom feeders' just makes you look as childish as the very people you decry,but it clearly upsets you enough to care when folk have a lighthearted joke at your expense.
Why does a bunch of strangers having a bit of a laugh bother you so?
Are you really that insecure?

Marvin said:
samharris said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
So who is to blame for spending huge sums on the ordinary players like Dzeko, Nasri, Garcia, Kolarov etc?

I didnt see mass ranks on here barating those players when they were being signed ?? did you..
All top quality players
De Niro said without Aguero, Yaya and Kompany we are ordinary. So those playing on Saturday he classed as ordinary not me.

If they are quality players why does De Niro and many others believe they play ordinary for us?

crystal_mais said:
samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Maybe having too many prestige players is the problem when creating a team - just a thought

There is that aspect.

Mancini does not take enough of the dressing room with him, though. He thrives on creative tension and having everyone on edge.

Top players have egos - Mancini has an ego. Mancini is outnumbered.

crystal_mais said:
samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Sergio is prestige as are Yaya,Vinny,Silva. Teves is prob going so I wont count him.

That's 4. not too many , bring in 2 more and away we go... we need prestige players to challenge..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
crystal_mais said:
samharris said:

There is that aspect.

Mancini does not take enough of the dressing room with him, though. He thrives on creative tension and having everyone on edge.

Top players have egos - Mancini has an ego. Mancini is outnumbered.

Method only works for a short period of time though and probably in short bursts. Was evident during the Tevez affair - I didn't see many players fully back Mancini up<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
samharris said:
crystal_mais said:
samharris said:

Sergio is prestige as are Yaya,Vinny,Silva. Teves is prob going so I wont count him.

That's 4. not too many , bring in 2 more and away we go... we need prestige players to challenge..

Probably right there, but we need a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players and learns from mistakes - unfortunately Mancini doesn't seem to be learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.