Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Juan King said:
[I hate all this shit about how good a manager Martinez is, he is only capable of getting his team to perform for a quarter of the season & narrowly misses relegation every year.

Why are you so sure he couldnt do a better job that Mancini?

He has better man management,he's intelligent and tactically astute,plays attractive,attacking football,has an eye for talent and gets the best out of his budget players while continuing to punch above his weight.

Plenty of evidence to suggest he wouldnt do worse.
the fact bobbys won 3 trophys and maybe 4 and wigan could be relegated this year is evidence in plenty he could do not as well as our winning manager.

FantasyIreland said:
Juan King said:
[I hate all this shit about how good a manager Martinez is, he is only capable of getting his team to perform for a quarter of the season & narrowly misses relegation every year.

He has better man management,he's intelligent and tactically astute,plays attractive,attacking football,has an eye for talent and gets the best out of his budget players while continuing to punch above his weight.

And won the square root of fuck all

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
[RVP
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez
Macheda
Bebe

So,at the start of this season,which group of strikers would you have chosen to go with,theirs above or ours?
Ours, but then mario didn't follow through on his Euro form, and started playing up, and Aguero got injured. And Dzeko looks like he's on his way out

It's a fact that Utd's forward line is far more efficient than our own and that's what separates the teams at the moment. I'm not saying that's a permanent state of affairs as there are already signs that RVP is having the first bleak spell in 2 seasons, and Rooney's form has dipped as well. Unfortunately too late for the League, but it's hit them in the Champiosn League where RVP's astonishing misses KO'd them. And they were outplayed by Chelsea who are the team of the moment. I'd say you have problems - choose to ignore them if you wish

jackrussel said:
FantasyIreland said:
Juan King said:

the fact bobbys won 3 trophys and maybe 4 and wigan could be relegated this year is evidence in plenty he could do not as well as our winning manager.

Can only compare if he managed City not Wigan really.

OB1 said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Finishing top 3 doesnt mean we are challenging for the title as this seasons limp effort testifies.We should be pushing our rivals all the way to the final game.

Fergie got all his targets? how do you know? he certainly didnt get at least one - Hazard........

We didnt get RVP because Bobby had previously been given 90m to sign his other 3 strikers........ do you not think that was enough??
Another o.g. It wasn't enough for Ferguson, the book value of Utd's strikers is considerably greater than our own.

RVP
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez
Macheda
Bebe

O.G.

Give over: we started the season with:

Tevez
Mario
Kun
Dzeko

All bought at great expense.

Do you actually understand what book value means?
Yes, the cost of acquiring players, and when you sell one as we did with balotelli that reduces the Book Value.

Utd have spent more on the forwards on their books. Do you really want to go through it.

PS Mario has gone

jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
makes you wonder how were second in the league and in the fa cup semi.and if we had sighned van persie it would have kept united on the floor instead it gave them the boost they needed when they needed it most.
He didn't want to join us though did he? You seem to base everything on stopping united signing any good players and us signing whoever we want. Unfortunately they will sign good players and we have to deal with that rather than just blame their signings for our own shortcomings.
no not good players but van persie is a very special player who almost guarenteed united the tital,and we with the money we have should be signing the players we want.

I'd rather have Aguero than van persie but that's another argument. To me it just sounds pitiful to whine that they signed a player and blame all our own shortcomings on that. I accept that they have been good and that they have been good in part because of van persie but we have been poor and it is us being poor that concerns me. We haven't played badly because they have van persie have we? So for a moment, take out them having van persie (we could never have changed that and we have to accept that in the real world other teams are allowed to sign players too) and just tell me why we have underperformed this season and is Mancini in any way responsible?

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
[RVP
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez
Macheda
Bebe

So,at the start of this season,which group of strikers would you have chosen to go with,theirs above or ours?
well if you take out ballotlli because he was a liability,that leaves sergio,dzekoand a very unhappy tevez.against van persie,rooneyand hernandez,anyone know the goal tallies so far this season?

I looked around our team and bench on Saturday and I saw a few players who'd been brought in when we were a mid table side, a few players who'd been brought in when we were a fifth placed side and a few second choice signings who we got when we didn't get our number one targets. I seriously didn't see a side full of top class quality, in fact, it was well short. That's just from not having four players in our team: Richards Kompany Yaya and Kun.

That's our main problem, for me; that we simply are not that good when it comes to being a real top class side/squad and that we haven't had long enough to evolve our squad into a real top class one. We've finished in the top 3 for just the previous two seasons to this one and even as champions we couldn't attract top players. It's going to take a long time to evolve into a proper top class squad.

Kolarov Maicon Kolo Lescott Milner Barry García Razak Sinclair Džeko...are all in our squad and even if I really like some of them, even if some display some great form sometimes; when looking at them compared to other top European sides, we're on a level below.

We do have - as well as the four above - Hart Zabaleta Clichy Silva and Tévez who are also high quality players. But you're talking a small amount of top class players in a squad when you compare that to other top European sides and even United who seem to have a lot more quality the deeper into their squad you go than we do. Yet people expect us to be playing like these other top European sides.

We won the league last season but last season we stayed healthier than any other team in the Prem and didn't have to rely on our squad that much as, more often than not, we had most of or best players on the pitch. and when we didn't we struggled to keep to that high level (Christmas-April when we had ACON/no Tévez/injuries/suspensions more than at any other time in the season). This season I think the last time we had our strongest XI on the pitch was at home to Spurs. I look at us and I reckon we're doing about as well as we should be with the squad we have considering Richards Kompany Yaya and Kun have missed so many games. Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal all have more options to turn to in midfield to change a game off the bench than we do - and we're above all of them in the league.

Didsbury Dave asked me the other week do I ever get bored of playing it down with how good I say we are; but I don't, because apart from our strongest XI (plus one or two subs) our 25 man squad isn't top quality.

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
[RVP
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez
Macheda
Bebe

Ours, but then mario didn't follow through on his Euro form, and started playing up, and Aguero got injured. And Dzeko looks like he's on his way out

It's a fact that Utd's forward line is far more efficient than our own and that's what separates the teams at the moment. I'm not saying that's a permanent state of affairs as there are already signs that RVP is having the first bleak spell in 2 seasons, and Rooney's form has dipped as well. Unfortunately too late for the League, but it's hit them in the Champiosn League where RVP's astonishing misses KO'd them. And they were outplayed by Chelsea who are the team of the moment. I'd say you have problems - choose to ignore them if you wish

Do you think it is Mancini's responsibility to get our strikeforce (that you admit at the start of the season you would have chosen over united's) to function properly, to play to their potential and not so badly as to be blamed for being the key reason for our failures by most Mancini rimmers?

jackrussel said:
Didsbury Dave said:
crystal_mais said:
I've asked the question to many today and previously and non of the Mancini supporters have been able to provide a response. There has been an obvious problem - apparent since last season - still there today

How does Mancini address his obvious short comings. You press on about Ferguson - he has adapted over time since his first days in Scotland to what he is today - his players would run through brick walls for him.

Last season points from 26th Nov -
MCFC – 55 points – 26 games
MUFC – 60 Points – 26 games

more worryingly Our away form upto and inc QPR away
P - 6
W - 5
D - 1
Scored - 23
Against - 8

From then onwards
P - 13
W - 5
D - 3
L - 5
Scored - 15
Against - 9

This seasons away form has been just as poor

The reason I have chose QPR is that was the first time I saw a Prem team take on tactics from one of the opposition teams from the Champs League. High Press and quick attack - Usual teams Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland we still have Swansea to go to.

I may sound like a broken record - but it's there for all to see
It's a great post and highlights an even bigger point for me. In the whole of mancini's tenure we had one purple patch of about 25 games. It started with the FA cup semi final win over united in April 2011 and finished away at qpr at the beginning of November that same year. We had everyone available and rode the wave of confidence that huge win gave us. And it got us our two trophies.

For the entire rest of the 3.5 years he has been here we have been patchy and have rarely fulfilled our potential. Occasionally great, often laboured and sometimes very poor. With the quality we have had even that patchy form will pick us up plenty of points, but not As many as we should have.

So that's why all this 'one bad season' stuff doesn't wash with me. Overall Mancini hasn't got the best from his players consistently.
if we win the fa cup that means bobbys won a trophy every 10 months and if take out 6 months for close seasons that means bobbys won a trophy every 9 months,now thats what i call a purple patch so much better than that banner at old trafford.

We didn't win because of Bobby. The question is whether we spent so much that we couldn't fail, and Bobby didn't screw it up. There's a difference. Bobby is clearly a competent manager, and was the right manager to pick up after the Mark Hughes Kia debacle. He put in some discipline around the squad, and had enough international pedigree to help attract some top players along with massive wage promises. If Bobby had taken the team pre the Abu Dhabi investment and won any kind of trophy, he would be a god for life for us. But he didn't. He rode a massive wave of investment and had the virtually unfettered choice of any available player out there. Bobby has been with City long enough, that the entire squad and staff as as close to his choices as any manager has ever known. It's not about a purple patch - it's about getting the formula right for long term success, and some of us are not convinced that Bobby is the best man to get us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.