Mancini's biggest fault. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anymore than 2sheiks said:
Mancio said:
time is the answer mate. we lack both pace and creativity. unfortunally for you you seem to fail to understand that we dont are real madrid , so we cant buy the players we want at the time we want , we have to be patient and understand that with the FFP that is already damaging our plains we cant buy stopgap players , we have to wait for the right moment to buy the right players.
this maybe too hard for you , i know , but its just as the real world go.
Why did he buy Boateng,when we have Kolo,Kompany,Lescott and Boyata? Why buy Milner when we have Silva? Why buy Yaya when we have DeJong and Barry? By my reckoning,that's £60 million.That could have got us,say, Ribery and Robben for example.

boateng coz richards was out of head.
milner has silva's role ? u sure ??
yaya is a box to box midfielder , DJ and barry anrnt

other questions ?

PS: ribery and robben won't come at City.

Mancio said:
Why did he buy Boateng,when we have Kolo,Kompany,Lescott and Boyata? Why buy Milner when we have Silva? Why buy Yaya when we have DeJong and Barry? By my reckoning,that's £60 million.That could have got us,say, Ribery and Robben for example.

other questions ?

If Yaya is a box to box midfielder im a fucking brain surgeon and trust me, im not!

Even more worrying is that Bobby thinks he is as well!

Mancio said:

other questions ?

Boateng is centre back who sometimes plays fullback,Milner was bought on the strenth of his attacking midfield quality through the middle at villa,Yaya is a defensive midfielder who couldn't be guaranteed a starting place at Barca due to the emergence of Busquets in his position and he wasn't going to shift Xavi or Iniesta. If we would have made a move for Robben or Ribery or both,we'd have got them.They are not the top galacticos like Messi,Ronaldo etc.They are not a higher calibre than the players we have,just the areas of the side that needed addressing.
Any other answers?

Squatter said:
didactic said:
I was waiting for this, so which fantastic English player has he over looked for Balotelli?

Not directly i.e position wise.

But he has been critical of Richards and especially A.J, despite them being two players who give 100%. Balotelli had game after game of tantrums, arm waving and generally acting like a 3 year old before he was pulled up about his attitude.

I would argue that AJ and Richards have both improved significantly since Mancini criticized them. Both have accepted the challange, and have added a lot to their game, AJ with his passing and off the ball movement, and Richards with his concentration and positioning. Both have taken a huge step toward the next level since Mancini criticized them. I liked both players before Mancini (Richards has always been a favorite), but now I think they are really top class. Not that I think all that credit goes to Mancini, those kids knuckled down and flat out worked, but I think he may have deflated their egos a bit.

Balotelli seems to me like he's had his fair share of public criticism from Mancini recently, going so far as to call him flat out stupid (not what he did was stupid, he called him stupid for doing so.) Maybe Mancini has cut him more slack than the other lads before, fair enough, but it seems as though the kid gloves are off now.

Mancio said:

other questions ?

Boateng is centre back who sometimes plays fullback,Milner was bought on the strenth of his attacking midfield quality through the middle at villa,Yaya is a defensive midfielder who couldn't be guaranteed a starting place at Barca due to the emergence of Busquets in his position and he wasn't going to shift Xavi or Iniesta. If we would have made a move for Robben or Ribery or both,we'd have got them.They are not the top galacticos like Messi,Ronaldo etc.They are not a higher calibre than the players we have,just the areas of the side that needed addressing.
Any other answers?

i think you are joking.
boateng play fullback for germany.
milner may be all you want but a trequartista.
yaya has never been a DM before to go at barca , and , TBH , also do the bench at xavi and iniesta would be a warranty of quality coz they are the 2 best world midfielder.
ribery has been tapped from real madrid for at least 2 years , bayern simply said NO.
robben was at real madrid , and accepted bayern just in the last window tranfer day , you do the things too simple , but they really dont are simple as you think...

City tried to buy kaka and eto'o , you know , but in your opinion why do not we did it?

Mancio said:
Any other answers?

i think you are joking.
yaya has never been a DM before to go at barca , and , TBH , also do the bench at xavi and iniesta would be a warranty of quality coz they are the 2 best world midfielder.
ribery has been tapped from real madrid for at least 2 years , bayern simply said NO.
robben was at real madrid , and accepted bayern just in the last window tranfer day , you do the things too simple , but they really dont are simple as you think...

City tried to buy kaka and eto'o , you know , but in your opinion why do not we did it?
Boateng:CB for club,RB for country.Voted best defender in Bundesliga for performances at CB.
Watch some of Milners games just before he left Villa.
Yaya got his reputation and value as a DM and is simply too muscular and large to run around like a tit in a trance as a box to box MF, thats why he looks shagged out as the game wears on.
If Kaka wasn't interested in coming to City,there wouldn't even have been the beginnings of negotiations.The stumbling block was image rights and wages,not because we're "little City".
Eto'o sent City or Hughes or both,text messages begging for negotiations to resume.Obviously wages would have played a big part as always,but Robben and Ribery would have both signed.

Mancio said:
i think you are joking.

Boateng:CB for club,RB for country.Voted best defender in Bundesliga for performances at CB.
Watch some of Milners games just before he left Villa.
Yaya got his reputation and value as a DM and is simply too muscular and large to run around like a tit in a trance as a box to box MF, thats why he looks shagged out as the game wears on.
If Kaka wasn't interested in coming to City,there wouldn't even have been the beginnings of negotiations.The stumbling block was image rights and wages,not because we're "little City".
Eto'o sent City or Hughes or both,text messages begging for negotiations to resume.Obviously wages would have played a big part as always,but Robben and Ribery would have both signed.

Dont forget that Milner was PFA young player of the year whilst at Villa for his performances as a box to box central midfielder.

rastus said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
If Tottenham win their game in hand we will be 1 point ahead of them. Do I think that a bit of luck can get you an extra point or two, of course it can (Blackpool away? Newcastle at home? etc). Does anyone think Liverpool have played the best they possibly could this season? I doubt it, and good job too otherwise they'd be top 4. That's all I'm saying. I don't think we're where we are by playing well (except in a few games, two of which we actually lost i.e. Arsenal at home and Man U away) but by having better players than almost every other team in the Premiership.

The only teams that I think have potentially a better 1st team and squad than us are Manure, Chelsea and Arsenal. Potentially our 1st team and squad could be better than those but they aren't, and in my opinion in the case of Ushited and Chelsea we're quite some way behind (which I find gutting). It's not because of the players, it's because of the style of play. That's my opinion based on what I see on the pitch. It's been my opinion all season. I had my fingers crossed that we could pull off a minor miracle but it's not happening, and I'm probably the most optimistic person on here.

You seem very quick to be harsh of MCFC, yet are understanding of other teams around us, even in the luck department.
Take a breath and have a break
Very quick to be harsh of MCFC, aww didums are my views hurting it's fweelings? Seriously though, I won't be harsh of Tottenham or Liverpool because I believe we have better players than them but they utilise their's better (or at least Liverpool have recently, Tottenham have done all season). Of course I'm harsh on Man City, they're my team and I see a group of players who could do so much better with the right players playing in the right positions. It's to do with tactics I don't believe in. The AM role has been a problem for most of the season and except in a few games against the poorer opposition Yaya has failed to impress there. Why? Because his skill set doesn't fit that position. It's simple to see.

Here's some questions for those who are here arguing against my original points:

Is Yaya Toure the same class AM/No10 as the rest of the top 6's players in that role? (Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas, Rooney, Modric)

When you watch us play do we look like we're playing as well as can be expected for this group of players?

In all the games this year when we've played another top 5 side (Manure, Arse, Chelski, Spuds) how many of those games have we looked as good as the opposition over the course of the 90 minutes (on balance)?

My answers would be "No", "No", and "maybe away at The Swamp"

I don't think that's good enough. Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I'm not expecting miracles here, just to look like a team with a plan where all the players are the best ones available for those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.