Mancini's biggest fault. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancio said:
you just did the portrait of a great manager

Totally disagree on that.

You may cite Ferguson, I will cite a manager that has been able to adapt to the changing face of the game over 25 years.

It's about compromise, and he knows better than anybody, he cannot manage the way he used to.

Ferguson is also incredibly protective and private about his players. He does not consistently slag them off in public.

Mancini's man-management skills have shocked me to the core.

Not that he gives a shit...

lol nurse!

didactic said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What are you talking about?

Yaya can play DM or AM and these are the qualities Mancini likes about him so while he may be going forward he is also very defensive minded. How many games has he been subbed?
Depends on the traffic ;)

The OP raises a good point. No question that Yaya is good enough to play in the Prem, but maybe not as the midfielder who we rely on to open up defences. We have Silva for that, but he gets pushed out to the left too much. Yaya is great when he gets to full momentum and can run past players like they aren't there, but that doesn't happen too much.

Hopefully with AJ being back, Silva can play in the middle and Yaya can have a rest. He looks like he needs one.

didactic said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What are you talking about?

Yaya can play DM or AM and these are the qualities Mancini likes about him so while he may be going forward he is also very defensive minded. How many games has he been subbed?

You've actually hit the nail on the head there. Playing him in his role is fundamentally a defensive decision. And that's we don't create enough chances, don't play with enough tempo, can't break down defensive teams and can't get back in games in the last period. It's not the only reason for these flaws but it's a big one.

How about this folks?

Drop Yaya and play Silva in his position, Kolarov/Balotelli on the left with Zaba at leftback.

This is the way forward.

Hart

Richards Kompany Lescott Zaba

De Jong Barry/Milner

A Johnson Silva Kolarov

Tevez/Dzecko

What do we reckon to this?

Gelsons Dad said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Totally disagree on that.

You may cite Ferguson, I will cite a manager that has been able to adapt to the changing face of the game over 25 years.

It's about compromise, and he knows better than anybody, he cannot manage the way he used to.

Ferguson is also incredibly protective and private about his players. He does not consistently slag them off in public.

Mancini's man-management skills have shocked me to the core.

Not that he gives a shit...

lol nurse!

Can you expand on this please mate...

salfordblues said:
How about this folks?

Drop Yaya and play Silva in his position, Kolarov/Balotelli on the left with Zaba at leftback.

This is the way forward.

Hart

De Jong Barry/Milner

A Johnson Silva Kolarov

Tevez/Dzecko

That' sort of what I was getting at a few posts previous to yours. Looks good, but I'd try SWP and AJ wide, with two of NDJ/Barry/Yaya/Milner sat behind Silva.

I haven't seen too much of Kola to impress me yet, but I'm hoping next season he'll be better placed to perform better than he has so far. Same with Boat. For now, I think our best full backs are Richards and Zab.

How about this folks?

This is the way forward.

Hart

De Jong Barry/Milner

A Johnson Silva Kolarov

Tevez/Dzecko

Didsbury Dave said:
You've actually hit the nail on the head there. Playing him in his role is fundamentally a defensive decision. And that's we don't create enough chances, don't play with enough tempo, can't break down defensive teams and can't get back in games in the last period. It's not the only reason for these flaws but it's a big one.

Yes but remember he has been more or less forced to this by an underperforming SWP and an injured Johnson. PlusSilva likes to run between left and right so you need guys who can defend backing him up. Yaya is not a bad passer too as proved by the sweet cross to Balotelli and the many times he has found the always selfish Tevez. I think he is good in his position just knacked I dont think any player has played more minutes.

Let me make the point in another way. When I watch Tottenham without Modric they look like us. A team of good quality players without a clear plan. They have the players to get a goal out of nothing and often do. However, when they're up against it they look lost. When Modric plays, his vision, passing, and ball control skill allow him to dictate the flow of the game, pick the right passes and sometimes the killer ball.

Xavi does the same at Barca, Fabregas at Arsenal, etc etc. Mancini plays Yaya in this roll and it doesn't suit him. You can claim he's playing 3 DMs all you like. If that were true it's even more ridiculous, bordering on lunacy.

This system only works when one of our star players (Tevez, Balo, Silva, etc) pulls something out of their (considerable) bag of tricks and create a goal out of nothing. The rest of the time the system fails, and it fails miserably. Forget league position, wins, draws, losses and look at the team on the pitch and how they play. Are you truly happy with what you see? I'm not. I'm not saying we're terrible, just not good enough considering the players we've brought in.

Didsbury Dave said:
Gelsons Dad said:
lol nurse!

Can you expand on this please mate...

It is a relatively young squad, that comes with related issues.

You tell people they are shit enough times, not only do they possibly start to either believe it, or hate you for it, team-mates also form their own opinions.

I'm not one for micro-management, but it's generally accepted that everybody in the workplace has different needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.