Mancini's biggest fault. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anymore than 2sheiks said:
Mancio said:
you will never see that formations played by mancini (or at least very rarely) becouse none of AJ balo and silva do a good defending job.
And the nail gets hit firmly on the head.You and Mancini have the same philosophy Mancio.You think damage limitation rather than the damage we could do to the opposition.Always safety first.If we set up in either of those formations,the opposition wouldn't be too keen to commit bodies forward for fear of what we'd do to them.

all the great manager go for the safety first , even if sometime we can fail to see it.

mourinho is the best exemple of this. ferguson too , capello , ancelotti , mancini , guardiola too.
manage top teams means manage world players , players able to win you a game in a moment , the manager work is convince the players to not concede. nothing more.

Mancio said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
My view was from watching the game, my estimate of 50% was just from what I saw and how I interpretted it. I hate stats BTW because they show and prove nothing.

How many of those passes misplaced by Kolarov or Milner were during what I would consider Key Breaks from defence? I bet you don't have the stats on that (Because stats are pointless and meaningless).

How many times did Yaya make a pass which he completed (therefore a good stat) but there was a better pass on which he failed to spot? Where are your stats for that? (Nowhere because stats are meaningless).

Did I say that Yaya wasn't a premiership quality player full stop? No just not good enough in the role he's been given. In my opinion. (I'm sorry I don't have any pointless stats to back that up).

I don't give accurate stats because they are mis-leading I just give my opinion in regards to what I've watched. It is a truer representation of what I'm seeing than any stat could ever be.

In my opinion 50% of the key counter attacks where Chelsea were left light at the back broke down due to a poor pass or poor vision by Yaya. (is that better for you?) Have you got any stats to refute that? No because it's an opinion based on what I witnessed with my own eyes. Better by far than any stat.

stats may not be liked , but they are more more objective than any human perception.
Stats don't tell the whole story, they are fundamentally flawed hence pointless to prove a point when watching a complex game of football. Passes completed is a pointless stat if all your passes are simple ones a few yards to a nearby player. Of course you're going to have a high % completion rate. I bet Fabregas' pass % completion is worse than either of his centre backs in every game because he's making harder more skillful passes. Where does difficulty of pass and position on pitch appear in a stat about missed passes or % of passes missed? Nowhere. Hence the stats are pointless.

BTW I remember one season where the stats for the most incomplete passes over the course of the season was David Beckham. Because he was crap at passing and crossing? Or because he made more passes than most other players and so therefore made more missed passes than anyone else? Stats are pointless.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Mancio said:
stats may not be liked , but they are more more objective than any human perception.
Stats don't tell the whole story, they are fundamentally flawed hence pointless to prove a point when watching a complex game of football. Passes completed is a pointless stat if all your passes are simple ones a few yards to a nearby player. Of course you're going to have a high % completion rate. I bet Fabregas' pass % completion is worse than either of his centre backs in every game because he's making harder more skillful passes. Where does difficulty of pass and position on pitch appear in a stat about missed passes or % of passes missed? Nowhere. Hence the stats are pointless.

on individual basis you may be partially right (xavi will ever do less wrong passes than de jong or barry , even if he do the treeble of de jong passes. class is class). on teams bases you are wrong coz in every team there is the better and the less good passer so stats are not so wrong.

Mancio said:
And the nail gets hit firmly on the head.You and Mancini have the same philosophy Mancio.You think damage limitation rather than the damage we could do to the opposition.Always safety first.If we set up in either of those formations,the opposition wouldn't be too keen to commit bodies forward for fear of what we'd do to them.

all the great manager go for the safety first , even if sometime we can fail to see it.

mourinho is the best exemple of this. ferguson too , capello , ancelotti , mancini , guardiola too.
manage top teams means manage world players , players able to win you a game in a moment , the manager work is convince the players to not concede. nothing more.
Capello,yes.And don't the England fans love it?(remember the WC?).Ancelotti would like to but Terry and Lampard run Chelsea,not him.Please don't tell me baconface,Mourinho and Guardiola are safety first boring managers.

Mancio said:
on individual basis you may be partially right (xavi will ever do less wrong passes than de jong or barry , even if he do the treeble of de jong passes. class is class). on teams bases you are wrong coz in every team there is the better and the less good passer so stats are not so wrong.

Are you saying that when comparing players from the same team, stats are usually not wrong about who is the better passer?

If so, Zanetti is a better passer than Sneijder?

Mancio said:

Capello,yes.And don't the England fans love it?(remember the WC?).Ancelotti would like to but Terry and Lampard run Chelsea,not him.Please don't tell me baconface,Mourinho and Guardiola are safety first boring managers.

mourinho is the most "negative" out of all them.
ferguson play counter attack football , boring or not is a fact of taste.
capello , everybody knows.
mancini is very similar to capello.
ancelotti manage chelsea , not terry or lampard , please dont joke.
guardiola is a sacchi like , defend high using hard pressing and tactical fouls , they seem to be an attacking side but the way they want to keep (and quickly recapture) the ball is just a form of defense. like the offside tactic and many other apparently offensive things that instead are pure defensive stuff.

-- Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 am --

Nerazzurri said:
Mancio said:

Are you saying that when comparing players from the same team, stats are usually not wrong about who is the better passer?

If so, Zanetti is a better passer than Sneijder?

is zanetti a passer ?? ;O)

zanetti is a clear exemple of mancini's genius , he was finished as full back and mancini reinveted him as a midfield just to cover maicon's runs.

Mancio said:

baconfaces success has been based on a solid defence - once you have that hen you need the players to break teams down, he has managed to do this byt creating good attackijng lineups to complement the defence. He doesn't play boring football but if you watch the rags especially this season against the better teams he ha definately setup more defensively.

Mourinho is very similar - when he was at Chelsea they were solid but still scored loads of goals because he had a balance .

City generally have a solid defense but we haven't scored the goals in critical games - clean sheet at Arsenal / Spuds but we could break and score. Our attack at times is a bit one dimensional with little pace and width. We have the capability to produce great football but we just don't do it often enough.

onceabluealways said:

baconfaces success has been based on a solid defence - once you have that hen you need the players to break teams down, he has managed to do this byt creating good attackijng lineups to complement the defence. He doesn't play boring football but if you watch the rags especially this season against the better teams he ha definately setup more defensively.

Mourinho is very similar - when he was at Chelsea they were solid but still scored loads of goals because he had a balance .

City generally have a solid defense but we haven't scored the goals in critical games - clean sheet at Arsenal / Spuds but we could break and score. Our attack at times is a bit one dimensional with little pace and width. We have the capability to produce great football but we just don't do it often enough.

this because of two factors. personality and credibility of the defenders.
Unfortunately, if the team does not have full confidence in the defense attack more timidly. and confidence in the defense comes from the quality and personality of the defenders. the defense of the City lacks quality and a true leader. and this weighs on the whole team play.

Mancio said:

zanetti is a clear exemple of mancini's genius , he was finished as full back and mancini reinveted him as a midfield just to cover maicon's runs.

Look I'm just going to tell myself something gets lost in the translation both ways and step away.

I did enjoy the condescending smiley though.

Nerazzurri said:
Mancio said:

Look I'm just going to tell myself something gets lost in the translation both ways and step away.

I did enjoy the condescending smiley though.

nothing is lost in translation. it's just that you can not expect me to respond seriously to the question "is a better passer zanetti or Sneijder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.