Mancini's future

This won't be looked at as simply "Mancini vs Tevez" by City.

Both have made mistakes in this saga, Tevez much more than Mancini, but the board will still give Mancini a dressing down for his gaff in the conference.

robbieh said:
malg said:
There will be a big investigation by the hierarchy, and once that's over we'll see who they back. I for one want them to back Mancini, but I do have a niggling doubt about Tevez's statement that he was questioning going for another warm up, not questioning going on. I don't know, but for some reason I find myself believing him. Maybe Mancini misunderstood what Tevez was saying and went off on one - who hasn't said or done something in the heat of the moment, and then afterwards regretted it. If it did turn out that Mancini had misread it, then it is a difficult situation for the board. Lots and lots of twists and turns in this saga yet.

On what grounds do you think this?

If it was one isolated incident in an otherwise unblemished career then maybe. But Tevez has been a complete self serving twat wherever he has been. I knew he would be trouble from the minute arrived. Do you think any of our current players would have the nerve to join United next year. Just to piss off the manager. Because I definitely think that was one of Carlos' motives.

Not only does he think he's bigger than City, he also thinks he's bigger than Messi. He's deluded and even if you are right, which I doubt, and Mancini made an error this time, we need to get rid of Tevez asap. He's poison.

malg - Even after Tevez told Sky "he wasn't mentally or physically ready" then back-tracked? Clutching at straws I think.

Bluemoon115 said:

Both have made mistakes in this saga, Tevez much more than Mancini, but the board will still give Mancini a dressing down for his gaff in the conference.

and what gaff was this?

Bluemoon115 said:

Do you honestly think that Mourinho, Guardiola, Ferguson and yes even Redknapp have said any different. We are not talking about a stupid sending off, or swearing at a ref. We are talking something that no player to my knowledge has ever done before. He would never play for Mourinho again and Jose would have no hesitation in stating his live on tv.

SWP's back said:
He needed sacking. He wasn't the man to lead us.

robbieh said:
Around the time of the 3-0 home defeat to Forest was when I thought Hughes was not up to the job. OK so he'd only been in the job for 7 months.

Just as I thought. Unconditional support for our manager. I was just teasing as I don't need to look. Your criticism of him was vitriolic and abusive and you did your best to undermine him.

Yet you have the gall to criticise me for saying (like others on here are saying) that I'm a little worried that his character trait of being pretty dogmatic and not being flexible enough in dealing with different players who need to be managed in different ways might be the downfall of him.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:

robbieh said:
Around the time of the 3-0 home defeat to Forest was when I thought Hughes was not up to the job. OK so he'd only been in the job for 7 months.

Just as I thought. Unconditional support for our manager. I was just teasing as I don't need to look. Your criticism of him was vitriolic and abusive and you did your best to undermine him.

Yet you have the gall to criticise me for saying (like others on here are saying) that I'm a little worried that his character trait of being pretty dogmatic and not being flexible enough in dealing with different players who need to be managed in different ways might be the downfall of him.

The difference being PB is that both SWP's BACK and robbieh might not have used every slip up as an opportunity to have a dig like you do?

malg said:
There will be a big investigation by the hierarchy, and once that's over we'll see who they back. I for one want them to back Mancini, but I do have a niggling doubt about Tevez's statement that he was questioning going for another warm up, not questioning going on. I don't know, but for some reason I find myself believing him. Maybe Mancini misunderstood what Tevez was saying and went off on one - who hasn't said or done something in the heat of the moment, and then afterwards regretted it. If it did turn out that Mancini had misread it, then it is a difficult situation for the board. Lots and lots of twists and turns in this saga yet.

This would have been a great exit/excuse for Tevez, if it wasn't for the statement he made right after the match. He (finally) buggered himself in the end, and that's about it.

Having said that, for the club to have any reasonable chance of challenging the likes of Bayern and ManU, let alone Barca/Real for the PL/EL silverware, it needs to get rid of both Mancini and Tevez, not necessarily in that chronological order. Hopefully not by bringing Mourinho or anyone alike, but someone who's settled, has man management skills, knows how to build and manage a team at that level, has an aura of natural authority (i.e. knows what he's doing and is capable of communicating that to the players), etc.

WNRH said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:

robbieh said:

The difference being PB is that both SWP's BACK and robbieh might not have used every slip up as an opportunity to have a dig like you do?
Now you're taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.