Mancini's future

Ahhhh the in fighting starts, at a time when i thought even the harshest of harsh critics would shut up and get behind the manager, or more importantly the club... there are enough eyes on us at the moment without our own casting more doubt, give Mancini a new contract, shut them all up, is my opinion.

'Man management' makes me laugh, all the things that a levelled at Don Bob, that he is distant, doesnt put his arm around players, is hard, could be levelled at Baconface, Clough, Shankly and many other great managers. They arent or werent one of the lads far from it, thats what Platt and Kidd are there for, they fill in the gaps left by the boss so he can maintain the distance he needs to be objective about who is picked and how we play... Even our own great manager Joe Mercer maintained a certain distance with the players, its whats required.

In my own work experience, when being managed it was often creepy if the boss always wanted to be in on everything, and when i first became a manager of others i soon learnt that i had to maintain a distance with my employees, not going to the pub with them on a Friday, not getting involved in gossip and jokes as much etc and my job was easier, especially when things went wrong.

Bluemoon115 said:
WNRH said:
Bluemoon115 said:
This won't be looked at as simply "Mancini vs Tevez" by City.

Both have made mistakes in this saga, Tevez much more than Mancini, but the board will still give Mancini a dressing down for his gaff in the conference.

and what gaff was this?
From a legal standpoint, saying he'll "never play for the club again" gives Tevez (or more likely, Kia) a foot to stand on. A public declaration to stop a person from plying their trade can be interpreted as a breach of contract.

I agree that he shouldn't play again, but to say it publicly was rather naive, and could cost City in any legal battle.
No it doesn't at all and he said if "it was up to him, he wouldn't play again"

bluefandk said:
bback said:
malg said:
There will be a big investigation by the hierarchy, and once that's over we'll see who they back. I for one want them to back Mancini, but I do have a niggling doubt about Tevez's statement that he was questioning going for another warm up, not questioning going on. I don't know, but for some reason I find myself believing him. Maybe Mancini misunderstood what Tevez was saying and went off on one - who hasn't said or done something in the heat of the moment, and then afterwards regretted it. If it did turn out that Mancini had misread it, then it is a difficult situation for the board. Lots and lots of twists and turns in this saga yet.

This would have been a great exit/excuse for Tevez, if it wasn't for the statement he made right after the match. He (finally) buggered himself in the end, and that's about it.

Having said that, for the club to have any reasonable chance of challenging the likes of Bayern and ManU, let alone Barca/Real for the PL/EL silverware, it needs to get rid of both Mancini and Tevez, not necessarily in that chronological order. Hopefully not by bringing Mourinho or anyone alike, but someone who's settled, has man management skills, knows how to build and manage a team at that level, has an aura of natural authority (i.e. knows what he's doing and is capable of communicating that to the players), etc.

Let me understand you correctly, Tevez refuses to play and you want the board to sack Mancini?

I thank Allah that you have no say in any matter relating to the club.

Tevez should have been history long time ago, I've never thought anything different.

That, however, doesn't change the obvious reality that Mancini has no man-management skills worth mentioning, that he doesn't have the tactical skills to win matches like these, that he's a corrupt coward in terms of his personality, etc. None of the above is likely to help him build up authority with the players of this quality.

He in indeed an excellent strategist, I've said that before, but that alone is far, far from being enough to make a good manager at this level. To make matters even worse, he hasn't improved in any of the aforementioned areas, on the contrary -- the more political gain he seems to be making, the uglier he he gets.

Italian manager in England does not compute.This guy spend 300+mil , and still saying he needs more midfielders.Please explain!

begaxxx said:
Italian manager in England does not compute.This guy spend 300+mil , and still saying he needs more midfielders.Please explain!
Where are you from and who do you support?<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:20 pm --<br /><br />
bzekosilva said:
this will make our club and all the management stronger.
True

SWP's back said:
begaxxx said:
Where are you from and who do you support?

-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:20 pm --

bzekosilva said:
this will make our club and all the management stronger.
True

and he never actually said that word for word he meant it as in milner was injured and hargreaves wasnt quite ready and ndj injured....facts correct first non city supporter.

bback said:
bluefandk said:
bback said:
This would have been a great exit/excuse for Tevez, if it wasn't for the statement he made right after the match. He (finally) buggered himself in the end, and that's about it.

Having said that, for the club to have any reasonable chance of challenging the likes of Bayern and ManU, let alone Barca/Real for the PL/EL silverware, it needs to get rid of both Mancini and Tevez, not necessarily in that chronological order. Hopefully not by bringing Mourinho or anyone alike, but someone who's settled, has man management skills, knows how to build and manage a team at that level, has an aura of natural authority (i.e. knows what he's doing and is capable of communicating that to the players), etc.

Let me understand you correctly, Tevez refuses to play and you want the board to sack Mancini?

Tevez should have been history long time ago, I've never thought anything different.

That, however, doesn't change the obvious reality that Mancini has no man-management skills worth mentioning, that he doesn't have the tactical skills to win matches like these, that he's a corrupt coward in terms of his personality, etc. None of the above is likely to help him build up authority with the players of this quality.

He in indeed an excellent strategist, I've said that before, but that alone is far, far from being enough to make a good manager at this level. To make matters even worse, he hasn't improved in any of the aforementioned areas, on the contrary -- the more political gain he seems to be making, the uglier he he gets.

Calling our maneger a corrupt coward shows you up for what you are a nomark with not even the simlest grasp of the game of football.

Run a long now and stop being a twat.

bback said:
bluefandk said:
bback said:

That, however, doesn't change the obvious reality that Mancini has no man-management skills worth mentioning, that he doesn't have the tactical skills to win matches like these, that he's a corrupt cowardin terms of his personality, etc. None of the above is likely to help him build up authority with the players of this quality.

Wow! what a twat you're proving to be.

begaxxx said:

Because we operate under the same squad rules as everyone else, and we had three midfielders out injured.

Fairly simple really.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that Mancini has spent nowhere near £300m either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.