Mancini's future

The monsters that shite threads become...

Shame there's no more transfer forum to occupy these posters' life.

Really hope Mancini comes out on this one. On other forums they seem to think that Mancini will lose the dressing room and crash out of Europe like he did at Inter. They still think Mourinho is nailed on to succeed Mancini if he fails at Real.

Scooby Blue said:
I think we can all relate to the emotion that Mancini showed on Tuesday night,
but some of his anger stemmed from a below-par performance not just the fall-out with Tevez.

City's finances + strength in depth have enabled RM to "exile" Robinho / Bellamy / Adebayor etc where other managers would have been forced to try + forge a working relationship.

There comes a point where you have to squeeze as much value as you can out of a squad (including younger / reserve team players) rather than just run to the transfer market when things aren't working out.

2nd half of Community Shield / last 40 mins vs fulham / last 60 mins vs Bayern Munich - all slightly worrying signs that we lack steel when the going gets a bit tough...but he has got us over the line for CL qualification + winning a cup, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that we are still a work in progress.
Great post!

Ok, my take on this.
Tevez and Mancini have been an accident waiting to happen for at least 12 months. Whilst Mancini may have publicly given his support to Tevez and been seemingly inclined to welcome him back I think deep down he has been seething for ages.
We should have learned with Robinho that mollycoddling just doesn't work with certain players, although I do understand the reasoning behind any initial efforts.
To expect Mancini to accept Tevez back into the fold was never going to work; there was far too much history there and it was a powderkeg.
I think Tuesday night encapsulated all of that 'history' in just a few minutes.
It would seem that Mancini has a side to him that is volatile (witness his rant against Balo Pre season) and Tevez knew that. However, also witness Balo's very public show of gratitude toward Mancini in the Everton game. Mancini understands Balo and if a player responds in a positive way to the odd dressing down then all is well.
However, if the likes of Tevez just take the piss and press a button then Mancini is watching and waiting for it and will react accordingly.
I agree with Bluemoon115 in that I think Mancini 'bit' and that wasn't good.
However, that is not to blame Mancini. Tevez was out to wind him up and chose to do it in such a way that the extremely public humiliation would have made even a saint swear.
However, I think Mancini will learn from this. Should have kept it 'in house' and just decked the sad sod, and then reported back to the powers that be that he wanted him out. Then an official statement re an inquiry and two week suspension.
Sometimes less is more.

mackenzie said:
Ok, my take on this.
Tevez and Mancini have been an accident waiting to happen for at least 12 months. Whilst Mancini may have publicly given his support to Tevez and been seemingly inclined to welcome him back I think deep down he has been seething for ages.
We should have learned with Robinho that mollycoddling just doesn't work with certain players, although I do understand the reasoning behind any initial efforts.
To expect Mancini to accept Tevez back into the fold was never going to work; there was far too much history there and it was a powderkeg.
It would seem that Mancini has a side to him that is volatile (witness his rant against Balo Pre season) and Tevez knew that. However, also witness Balo's very public show of gratitude toward Mancini in the Everton game. Mancini understands Balo and if a player responds in a positive way to the odd dressing down then all is well.
However, if the likes of Tevez just take the piss and press a button then Mancini is watching and waiting for it and will react accordingly.
However, that is not to blame Mancini. Tevez was out to wind him up and chose to do it in such a way that the extremely public humiliation would have made even a saint swear.
However, I think Mancini will learn from this. Should have kept it 'in house' and just decked the sad sod.
Very good..............that last line just doesn't fit in with the rest though Sharon.

I think Mancini has been fantastic in this situation,his passion was inspiring.the next few games will make or break this season.
I think he should revert to last seasons tactics.

regardless of the why's and wherefores and who said this and that bob is our manager and despite early misgivings he's proved to be more than capable of achieving success at our club.

he has earned our respect.

tevez has threw it back in our face.

i back bobby and i'd be livid if the board did'nt too.

bluemanc said:
mackenzie said:
Ok, my take on this.
However, I think Mancini will learn from this. Should have kept it 'in house' and just decked the sad sod.
Very good..............that last line just doesn't fit in with the rest though Sharon.
I knew this ;-) So I edited it.

Blue Haze said:
Really hope Mancini comes out on this one. On other forums they seem to think that Mancini will lose the dressing room and crash out of Europe like he did at Inter. They still think Mourinho is nailed on to succeed Mancini if he fails at Real.

Why the f*** would we want a manager who fails at Madrid, the club who can buy whoever they want.

He is also winding everyone up in Spain, he has divided Madrid support with his antics just like he did at Inter. Frankly we can do without it.

Tevez is staying until January, Mancini will get the support he needs in public, but he will be replaced too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.