Mancini's future

Prestwich_Blue said:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. With the benefit of it we should have made more effort to offload Tevez in the summer.

In hindsight Mancini should maybe have kept his counsel in front of the cameras.

But neither of those things happened and we'll probably have to let Tevez go for less than we might have got this summer.

There's no doubt the board will back Mancini over this so hopefully we can start to put it to bed this Saturday then get on with the rest of what should be an exciting season. And if anyone can get anything anti-Mancini out of that then good luck to you.

you call "Hindsight" what I call football knowledge. or football experience.

already in summer mancini knew what was going to happen , and promptly happened.

mancini did all what was in his power to push the tevez sell but there was someone at the boerd who believed to be smart putting a 50M tag on tevez . unfortunally that was not smart , as the facts have shown. that was just lack of football knowledge.

Listen to the support for Bobby at the weekend and you'll know everything you need to about how the true supporters feel.

Longsight-memories said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:
Lucky for us that we have a manager who winds no-one up and unites the supporters, eh?

The supporters are behind the maneger except 5-10 people on Bluemoon who quite frankly knows fuck all about football.

talk is cheap when your not paying the bill....50 million quid asset.. being blown because the the man in charge of playing him has not done his job properly !

Ha!!!!

It's because so many people get confused by it that Mancini likes to sub in stages. Dzeko for De Jong, and then say Nasri off for Tevez shortly after is a lot more complex than Dzeko off for Tevez and Nasri off for De Jong.

If I could be arsed I'd do some stats, but when he first came he used to do it quite regularly, usually changing the left backs.

Anyway, regardless of the rights and wrongs (that always seem obvious with the benefit of hindsight) I'm going to put it down to a very unusual night, and Mancini needing our support regardless of what happened during it.

100 per cent behind Manchini and City.

The enquiry into Munich

The Accused Carlos Tevez

The Jury 3000 true blues in the top tier of the Allianz Area

Verdict Carlos Tevez should be hung from top tier of stadium, if only!!!

SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
So you don't believe Mancini has tried to get on top of this behind closed doors before?
I don't know either way, but an educated guess ( and that is all any of us can do) is that he wasn't happy and tried to.
All I'm saying is that we need to get a 'siege mentality' at City. We need to stop playing right into the hands of the media and Mancini needs to curb that volatility and wise up.
If any Manager of ours has to resort to publicly going controlled apeshit in front of a camera just to get rid of a primadonna twat then that isn't good.
Is that what you are inferring happened here?

They asked him why he didn't put Tevez on for goodness sake (see I'm not swearing as you don't like it).

What was he meant to say? He'd have been slated for not bringing a striker on if he had "kept it in house" and he was rightfully furious.

I think the 2nd guessing that's going on in the cold light of day 48 hours later is, quite frankly, destructive and holier than though.

Fergie gave Beckham 3 stiches after kicking a boot into his face. Would you have preferred that? Mancini would have been sacked yesterday if that was the case.
I'd have suggested he didn't give a press conference in the, quite understandably, bad mood he was in.

Keep it simple and siege mentality, whilst not giving any possible ammunition to the twats. Just deal with it internally.

And THEN release the official statement we did.

Dont lecture me on second guessing either. It's all most of us have after all. If you are ITK then come out and say it.
As for you swearing, I can swear with the best of them. It's just that I always expect you to go off on one when you start swearing on here. It's always a bad sign where you are concerned ;-)

mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
I don't know either way, but an educated guess ( and that is all any of us can do) is that he wasn't happy and tried to.
All I'm saying is that we need to get a 'siege mentality' at City. We need to stop playing right into the hands of the media and Mancini needs to curb that volatility and wise up.
If any Manager of ours has to resort to publicly going controlled apeshit in front of a camera just to get rid of a primadonna twat then that isn't good.
Is that what you are inferring happened here?

They asked him why he didn't put Tevez on for goodness sake (see I'm not swearing as you don't like it).

What was he meant to say? He'd have been slated for not bringing a striker on if he had "kept it in house" and he was rightfully furious.

I think the 2nd guessing that's going on in the cold light of day 48 hours later is, quite frankly, destructive and holier than though.

Fergie gave Beckham 3 stiches after kicking a boot into his face. Would you have preferred that? Mancini would have been sacked yesterday if that was the case.
I'd have suggested he didn't give a press conference in the, quite understandably, bad mood he was in.

Keep it simple and siege mentality, whilst not giving any possible ammunition to the twats. Just deal with it internally.

And THEN release the official statement we did.

Dont lecture me on second guessing either. It's all most of us have after all. If you are ITK then come out and say it.
As for you swearing, I can swear with the best of them. It's just that I always expect you to go off on one when you start swearing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/48/42/49/1484249_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

page 56 subsection (G)

Both clubs must make their manager/head
coach available for this press conference

That's a CL stipulation, not a namby pamby rule such as the one that the BBC try and enforce for the Prem. Hell UEFA run a tight ship, they move fans from rows 1&2 for extra sponsor space ffs.

I'll lecture you quite happily thanks. Second guessing without a shred of empathy for the situation is hardly fair is it?

How should Mancini have handled the question about not putting a striker on given the fact he HAD to attend a post match interview AND a press conference? Please enlighten me. Even if he'd broken the rules and not attended then the press would have torn him a new one for not explaining his lack of a striking substituion. Why should he take the flak for Tevez's gross misconduct? A retraction would be fine if you can't come up with a suitable solution.

bluefandk said:
remoh said:
robbieh said:
Why the f*** would we want a manager who fails at Madrid, the club who can buy whoever they want.

He is also winding everyone up in Spain, he has divided Madrid support with his antics just like he did at Inter. Frankly we can do without it.

Lucky for us that we have a manager who winds no-one up and unites the supporters, eh?

The supporters are behind the maneger except 5-10 people on Bluemoon who quite frankly knows fuck all about football.

who are you fucking fergie?

they can have their say, they see the game the way they see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.