Mancini's future

craigsteel said:
100 per cent behind Manchini and City.

The enquiry into Munich

The Accused Carlos Tevez

The Jury 3000 true blues in the top tier of the Allianz Area

Verdict Carlos Tevez should be hung from top tier of stadium, if only!!!

If its from the top tier of the Allianz... I'm not climbing up those stairs again..

colinkelly12 said:
craigsteel said:
100 per cent behind Manchini and City.

The enquiry into Munich

The Accused Carlos Tevez

The Jury 3000 true blues in the top tier of the Allianz Area

Verdict Carlos Tevez should be hung from top tier of stadium, if only!!!

If its from the top tier of the Allianz... I'm not climbing up those stairs again..

Fuck me you're not wrong.

Longsight-memories said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:
Lucky for us that we have a manager who winds no-one up and unites the supporters, eh?

The supporters are behind the maneger except 5-10 people on Bluemoon who quite frankly knows fuck all about football.

talk is cheap when your not paying the bill....50 million quid asset.. being blown because the the man in charge of playing him has not done his job properly !

50 mill? Who ever wanted to pay 50 mill for Tevez?

The only person refusing to do his job is Tevez.

Only people who knows fuck all about flltball would blame this on Mancini.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:36 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:
Lucky for us that we have a manager who winds no-one up and unites the supporters, eh?

The supporters are behind the maneger except 5-10 people on Bluemoon who quite frankly knows fuck all about football.

who are you fucking fergie?

they can have their say, they see the game the way they see it.

Who is stopping them from having their say?

They are having their say and so am I.

Stop trying to play the victim card its boring and pathetic.

Two sides to every story

Good read.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/two-sides-to-every-story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalco ... very-story</a>

I have sat on the bench and not wanted to go on the pitch. I sat there while managers such as Graeme Souness played with my mind and put me on for the last two minutes of a game. A week's hard training for what? Two minutes when the result is already decided.

Souness was in charge at Blackburn Rovers and we did not get on at all. He didn't like me and I didn't like him. That's life; you can't like everyone who you work with.

One thing which annoyed me was that he trained with the players, even in the most important sessions the day before a match.

While he might have been a great player in his day, I felt he was slowing down an important session. We would give him a forward pass but he couldn't get there because he was too old. He couldn't get to the standard that the players were looking for - as no 50-year-old man could. One day, I told him. He went mad and we had a stand-off. The lads held me back. Souness sent me to the changing rooms and I refused to go.

He will have his side to the story - just as Carlos Tevez will have with Roberto Mancini, the Manchester City manager - but basically there was a major personality clash.

I went home and thought about not turning up the next day. But I did. If I didn't turn up then the manager would have been in a stronger position. He would have been seen to be vindicated in not playing me - a prima donna.

There were times when I didn't want to go into training, but I always went, even if I was sent to do extra gym sessions or to train with the kids. There were times when I didn't want to turn up for matches knowing that I would feel ridiculed and disrespected because the manager didn't like me. But I always went.

I had a good relationship with Blackburn's fans, but if I had refused to play or to come on as a sub, that would have gone. There would have only been one winner there - and it wouldn't have been me.

So I turned up for matches that I knew I wouldn't be playing in when Souness was desperate to get me out of Blackburn. I wanted to stay, but I didn't want to play for him. He was the manager and I was soon on my way.

Tevez is being painted as the villain, but nobody really knows the full story.

People are saying that he is a disgrace because he refused to play in Munich on Tuesday night, but did you see the faces of the other players on that bench? They all looked dejected.

Pablo Zabaleta, who was sat next to Tevez, has said that there are too many players at City - Tevez isn't the only player who has an issue with Mancini's regime.

The problem with having a lot of players is that you have a lot of unhappy professionals. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

All players think they should be playing, but only 11 people can play. Forty years ago there were no substitutes. Thirty years ago there was a single sub. Even when I started playing it was normal that one sub was used. Players knew where they stood and whether they were going to play or not.

That has all changed. Managers may prefer the new system because it gives them more choice and allows for huge squads, but players - who only ever want to play - don't.

A squad system needs to be managed very carefully.

It takes outstanding man-management skills to keep people happy and minutes need to be shared out, but even then it's almost impossible.

Players can do one of two things - they can accept it and keep their mouth shut as Shaun Wright Phillips did at City before moving on to Queens Park Rangers.

Or a player can do something publicly about it like Tevez, Zabaleta or Edin Dzeko, who was fuming at being subbed in Munich.

Going public brings the matter to a head, but it is usually the player who loses out and gets moved on. The player's reputation suffers because his options are limited.

Few people have any sympathy with Tevez because he was honest enough to say that he wanted to leave in the summer. City tried, but couldn't find a buyer.

How quickly those critics have forgotten that Tevez has been City's playmaker, goalscorer and most important player of recent seasons. And that, until this week, he has never seemed to do anything less than run his legs off while wearing a light blue shirt.

Andrew Cole's column is written with the assistance of European football correspondent Andy Mitten.

bluefandk said:
Longsight-memories said:
bluefandk said:

talk is cheap when your not paying the bill....50 million quid asset.. being blown because the the man in charge of playing him has not done his job properly !

Only people who knows fuck all about flltball would blame this on Mancini.
These type of threads never seem to change,it's soccer you fool.

SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
They asked him why he didn't put Tevez on for goodness sake (see I'm not swearing as you don't like it).

What was he meant to say? He'd have been slated for not bringing a striker on if he had "kept it in house" and he was rightfully furious.

I think the 2nd guessing that's going on in the cold light of day 48 hours later is, quite frankly, destructive and holier than though.

Fergie gave Beckham 3 stiches after kicking a boot into his face. Would you have preferred that? Mancini would have been sacked yesterday if that was the case.
I'd have suggested he didn't give a press conference in the, quite understandably, bad mood he was in.

Keep it simple and siege mentality, whilst not giving any possible ammunition to the twats. Just deal with it internally.

And THEN release the official statement we did.

Dont lecture me on second guessing either. It's all most of us have after all. If you are ITK then come out and say it.
As for you swearing, I can swear with the best of them. It's just that I always expect you to go off on one when you start swearing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/48/42/49/1484249_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

page 56 subsection (G)

Both clubs must make their manager/head
coach available for this press conference

That's a CL stipulation, not a namby pamby rule such as the one that the BBC try and enforce for the Prem. Hell UEFA run a tight ship, they move fans from rows 1&2 for extra sponsor space ffs.

I'll lecture you quite happily thanks. Second guessing without a shred of empathy for the situation is hardly fair is it?

How should Mancini have handled the question about not putting a striker on given the fact he HAD to attend a post match interview AND a press conference? Please enlighten me. Even if he'd broken the rules and not attended then the press would have torn him a new one for not explaining his lack of a striking substituion. Why should he take the flak for Tevez's gross misconduct? A retraction would be fine if you can't come up with a suitable solution.
I'll hold up my hands and admit I didn't know it was a condition that a press conference for a manager is an obligation in the CL. Being a City fan the whole situation is quite new to me after all, so good for you that you did the homework.
However, where did I say that he should take the flak for the Tevez situation? All I was pointing out is that Tevez 'played' him. If you cant see that then I can't add anything more.

Momentum said:
Is it just me or was replacing Dzeko with De Jong not one of the wierdest substitutions when you are 2-0 down. 2-0 up fine, but is there anyone who did not think "What the hell is that about". If there was ever a need for Carlos Tevez to show the other players a bit of movement, rather than the slow paced drifting round the pitch they had done, it was then.

He probably confused everyone so maybe Dzeko got angry, Tevez what the fuck is going on here and the manager caused confusion. I was incredibly confused watching on TV and seeing a striker replaced by a defensive midfielder and then a midfielder replaced with a defender. I now realise Tevez may have been the main cause but confusing substitutons do not help.
Perhaps he was concerned about going 3 nil down. Njd first to stabilize an over run midfield then Carlos to add bite and pressure in the final third. Why would the players be confused before they've even received instructions.
Up until that point its got fuck all to do with them. They're paid to play not to analyze the managers tactical motive.

bluemanc said:
bluefandk said:
Longsight-memories said:

Only people who knows fuck all about flltball would blame this on Mancini.
These type of threads never seem to change,it's soccer you fool.

Good contribution from our resident soccer expert.

Re: Two sides to every story

BosnianDiamond said:
Good read.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/two-sides-to-every-story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalco ... very-story</a>

I have sat on the bench and not wanted to go on the pitch. I sat there while managers such as Graeme Souness played with my mind and put me on for the last two minutes of a game. A week's hard training for what? Two minutes when the result is already decided.

Souness was in charge at Blackburn Rovers and we did not get on at all. He didn't like me and I didn't like him. That's life; you can't like everyone who you work with.

One thing which annoyed me was that he trained with the players, even in the most important sessions the day before a match.

While he might have been a great player in his day, I felt he was slowing down an important session. We would give him a forward pass but he couldn't get there because he was too old. He couldn't get to the standard that the players were looking for - as no 50-year-old man could. One day, I told him. He went mad and we had a stand-off. The lads held me back. Souness sent me to the changing rooms and I refused to go.

He will have his side to the story - just as Carlos Tevez will have with Roberto Mancini, the Manchester City manager - but basically there was a major personality clash.

I went home and thought about not turning up the next day. But I did. If I didn't turn up then the manager would have been in a stronger position. He would have been seen to be vindicated in not playing me - a prima donna.

There were times when I didn't want to go into training, but I always went, even if I was sent to do extra gym sessions or to train with the kids. There were times when I didn't want to turn up for matches knowing that I would feel ridiculed and disrespected because the manager didn't like me. But I always went.

I had a good relationship with Blackburn's fans, but if I had refused to play or to come on as a sub, that would have gone. There would have only been one winner there - and it wouldn't have been me.

So I turned up for matches that I knew I wouldn't be playing in when Souness was desperate to get me out of Blackburn. I wanted to stay, but I didn't want to play for him. He was the manager and I was soon on my way.

Tevez is being painted as the villain, but nobody really knows the full story.

People are saying that he is a disgrace because he refused to play in Munich on Tuesday night, but did you see the faces of the other players on that bench? They all looked dejected.

Pablo Zabaleta, who was sat next to Tevez, has said that there are too many players at City - Tevez isn't the only player who has an issue with Mancini's regime.

The problem with having a lot of players is that you have a lot of unhappy professionals. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

All players think they should be playing, but only 11 people can play. Forty years ago there were no substitutes. Thirty years ago there was a single sub. Even when I started playing it was normal that one sub was used. Players knew where they stood and whether they were going to play or not.

That has all changed. Managers may prefer the new system because it gives them more choice and allows for huge squads, but players - who only ever want to play - don't.

A squad system needs to be managed very carefully.

It takes outstanding man-management skills to keep people happy and minutes need to be shared out, but even then it's almost impossible.

Players can do one of two things - they can accept it and keep their mouth shut as Shaun Wright Phillips did at City before moving on to Queens Park Rangers.

Or a player can do something publicly about it like Tevez, Zabaleta or Edin Dzeko, who was fuming at being subbed in Munich.

Going public brings the matter to a head, but it is usually the player who loses out and gets moved on. The player's reputation suffers because his options are limited.

Few people have any sympathy with Tevez because he was honest enough to say that he wanted to leave in the summer. City tried, but couldn't find a buyer.

How quickly those critics have forgotten that Tevez has been City's playmaker, goalscorer and most important player of recent seasons. And that, until this week, he has never seemed to do anything less than run his legs off while wearing a light blue shirt.

Andrew Cole's column is written with the assistance of European football correspondent Andy Mitten.

No it's not. It's a rag on the wum and Zabaleta was furious with Tevez, not Mancini.

Dzeko was simply immature and will be on the bench for his insolence, luckily, we have a better player in Balotelli to take his place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.