Mancini's future

BosnianDiamond said:
SWP's back said:
BosnianDiamond said:
I'm not excusing what Tevez did, in fact even the article says that it's the wrong thing to do. What this article does is make a good point that having too many players on the squad is extremely difficult to manage. Man City has too many players who rightfully feel they should get equal opportunities to start. This creates an atmosphere of tension and nervousness, and it affects the players performance because they constantly play with the fear of making a mistake and getting benched.

It's easy to say "they get paid for it" but a true competitor never wants to warm the bench.

£1000 says you wouldn't have posted that had your idol not been repremanded and told he was being benched.

Seriously Bill, all opinions are welcomed on here but one policy (Dzeko is a god over here in Bosnia, respect his authority!!!!!!! *sob*) wonders are getting tedious.
LOL, good one but it's not even about that. It's not just Dzeko who is always getting ripped but everyone else on any given day. It's like the price tag is a curse and you must play like a god every day or be condemned to Hades.
With (some) of the fans maybe but its the same at any club.

Mancini was brilliant with Dezko and took the pressure off last season when your demi-God wasn't able to hit a barn door.

Anyway, his apology has sorted it for me.

mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
And you jumped on my post because you found it 'ambiguous?'

I can understand that. All I was trying to say though is that Mancini could have been better served by not allowing his emotions to come to the fore in the press conference.

Tevez is the twat here but Mancini needs to learn the art of damage limitation. Then he will be a force to be reckoned with and players won't try and take the piss in such a public fashion.

Oh I think he made his point.

And I "jumped" over nothing Mack. I simply quoted and questioned you, as is the done thing on here.
Of course you reacted. You thought you saw a poster who had an agenda against Mancini and that influenced the rest of your posts. Balance has never been the greatest thing about BM over the years it has to be said, but some of us do try.
;-)
You going Blackburn? If so I'll buy you a pint if I see you ;-)

isnt it a 3pm KO?

remoh said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:
Bellamy, reserve? Last week, made one scored one. Not bad for a reserve, eh?
Adebayor, 'lazy mardarse' who would now be playing for Real if they could have afforded him and is now a regular starter for Spurs (and a regular scorer)
Ireland is just now getting starts after a long period of injuries, but we at City all know how good he can be, don't we?
Petrov is still good enough to get a regular place in the Prem. and although getting older and losing pace, would have been a real asset in the squad.

Given is still a top keeper. A better manager may have held on to him.

With the players that we now have, what kind of manager could fail?, but it could all have gone much better and more quickly with a manager who had experience of premiership management.

Hughes had pemiership experience and he failed.

Hughes had a crap defence coach and a third of the quality playing staff that we have now.

Fair point but he still failed and that proves that a maneger with prem experince does not guarentee success.

remoh said:
SWP's back said:
Balti said:
Is that Bellers the Liverpool reserve? Ade the lazy mardarse who stopped trying at City? Ireland the Villa reserve? Petrov the Bolton player and Given the Villa keeper? Hardly ripping up trees are they?

And if Roberto Mancini blunders his way to more silverware and Champions League football then that's the sort of blundering we like.

But of course yes Thank You Sheikh Mansour once again for investing in our club and attracting a better calibre of player for our best manager in a generation.

Our loyalty is to the club. Unlike you we are clearly happy with the progress that the club and the team under Mancini are making.

*inserts clapping gif*

Bellamy, reserve? Last week, made one scored one. Not bad for a reserve, eh?
Adebayor, 'lazy mardarse' who would now be playing for Real if they could have afforded him and is now a regular starter for Spurs (and a regular scorer)
Ireland is just now getting starts after a long period of injuries, but we at City all know how good he can be, don't we?
Petrov is still good enough to get a regular place in the Prem. and although getting older and losing pace, would have been a real asset in the squad.

Given is still a top keeper. A better manager may have held on to him.

With the players that we now have, what kind of manager could fail?, but it could all have gone much better and more quickly with a manager who had experience of premiership management.

Yeah, like Hughes! Oh hang on.....

de niro said:
mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:

And I "jumped" over nothing Mack. I simply quoted and questioned you, as is the done thing on here.
Of course you reacted. You thought you saw a poster who had an agenda against Mancini and that influenced the rest of your posts. Balance has never been the greatest thing about BM over the years it has to be said, but some of us do try.
;-)

isnt it a 3pm KO?
And what are you trying to say Bill? ;-)

I only got back from Germany this afternoon so have only just had the chance to watch the recording of the Tevez incident and the subsequent interviews and I'm totally astounded at some of the posts on here almost seeming to push the blame onto Mancini. FFS nobody in any walk of life gets away with directly refusing to follow a reasonable instruction from their boss. "Warm up, you're going on in a few minutes" is hardly an unreasonable instruction to a professional footballer - whether he feels suitably warmed up or not is neither here nor there, just get on with it.

Tevez has to go, and if the club needs to take a financial hit then so be it, that's partly their own fault (or Cook and Marwood's at least) for not taking a smaller hit in the summer and getting rid then. It's not hindsight to say that either, quite a few of us felt at the time that Tevez would flare up again before Xmas if he wasn't offloaded and sadly we've been proved right.

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
Balti said:
those of us that watch City know that Mancini quite often 'staggers' his subs and doesn't always do a straight one off like for like

He was in the process of changing things around and Tevez was next

Well he would have been if he was a professional prepared to do his job for more money in a week than most people earn in a decade

ungrateful petulant greedy bitter little fecker who didn't get his way and is now fucking us about big style

seriously when was the last great Tevez performance for City?

yes he's been professional but his heart has not been in it

If he wants to leave so much then he can simply pay up his contract and some compo and fuck off

After all he can afford it

But no this is all about yet another big pay day for him and his pet leech

This is nothing to do with RM and everything to do with CT (and his agent)
But vultures prey on the (preceived) weak.

Hence the first chance they have this season, the clubs resident half dozen Mancini detrators come out in (lol) "force".

They will go back into their respective caves after a decent win at the weekend, but god forbid, we don't win away, expect to see further calls for his head.

Who has called for his head?

6 or 7 in the Dzeko thread and throughout the day. It's ok though, they now know they are wrong.

:-)<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 pm --<br /><br />
mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
And you jumped on my post because you found it 'ambiguous?'

I can understand that. All I was trying to say though is that Mancini could have been better served by not allowing his emotions to come to the fore in the press conference.

Tevez is the twat here but Mancini needs to learn the art of damage limitation. Then he will be a force to be reckoned with and players won't try and take the piss in such a public fashion.

;-)

11am train from Victoria. You going to the Fenhurst?

I've no hair at the moment so you may not recognise me. I'm still pretty though.

;-)

mcmanus said:
In that bullshit article I just read BosnianDiamond it says

"People are saying that he is a disgrace because he refused to play in Munich on Tuesday night, but did you see the faces of the other players on that bench? They all looked dejected."

Zabs could not have put it more simply to Tevez than with that look of disgust like he was a bronzed 80 year old sicilian boss who had found a cheating rat. Love ya Zabs
Actions speak louder than words.Zabas face said it all. When you are a footballer being paid 200k plus a week, I would expect you to be bursting to get on the pitch, How can their be any misunderstanding? The scumbag didnt want to know,good riddance

mackenzie said:
de niro said:
mackenzie said:
;-)

isnt it a 3pm KO?
And what are you trying to say Bill? ;-)

you know very well you'll be drunk by half one, you wont know where you are, you'll think your in shambles sq and starting singing anti utd songs every minute or so, the only saving grace is me pam and a few others will be in the same state:)

SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
But vultures prey on the (preceived) weak.

Hence the first chance they have this season, the clubs resident half dozen Mancini detrators come out in (lol) "force".

They will go back into their respective caves after a decent win at the weekend, but god forbid, we don't win away, expect to see further calls for his head.

Who has called for his head?

6 or 7 in the Dzeko thread and throughout the day. It's ok though, they now know they are wrong.

:-)

-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 pm --

mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:

;-)

11am train from Victoria. You going to the Fenhurst?

I've no hair at the moment so you may not recognise me. I'm still pretty though.

;-)
We are meeting up at 10am at Vic station for a pint or three, so will probably be on the same train lol!!! I think the Fernhurst is the intended destination. ;-)
Will send you a pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.