Mancini's future

I'm having second thoughts about his tenure. Have his man mnagaement skills shone during the whole tevez affair? I think not. He should not have dropped Dzeko for the Wigan game to fit in munster, I believe he did so to appease tevez. He's also brought him on as sub after tevez "performed" some very lack luster warm up routines. Thinking RM might not be blameless in this debacle by not showing strong decisive actions in previous games.
I'm also concerned with the reaction of Dzeko who previously has given the impression of a very committed team player. Was his OTT reaction in anyway because of RM management style? I'm just having little niggling doubts.
And finally, just so there is no mis-understanding, I believe tevez should not represent our team ever again. I can also see RM's stock being de-valued.

kenzie115 said:
larderland said:
does anyone think this whole saga might effect his position??

i know we all want him to stay but does anyone feel this saga might either make or break him at mcfc??

Definitely, it will strengthen it.

He'll finally be getting rid of his biggest problem.
only this

bluearrow said:
I'm having second thoughts about his tenure. Have his man mnagaement skills shone during the whole tevez affair? I think not. He should not have dropped Dzeko for the Wigan game to fit in munster, I believe he did so to appease tevez. He's also brought him on as sub after tevez "performed" some very lack luster warm up routines. Thinking RM might not be blameless in this debacle by not showing strong decisive actions in previous games.
I'm also concerned with the reaction of Dzeko who previously has given the impression of a very committed team player. Was his OTT reaction in anyway because of RM management style? I'm just having little niggling doubts.
And finally, just so there is no mis-understanding, I believe tevez should not represent our team ever again. I can also see RM's stock being de-valued.

Good post, this, providing a little balance on the issue.
While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
The manager has to be in charge, of course, but Roberto seems to have a knack for pouring petrol on troubled waters.

remoh said:
bluearrow said:

While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
The manager has to be in charge, of course, but Roberto seems to have a knack for pouring petrol on troubled waters.
This is the core of the matter. He's safe as long as the team can put this behind them and push on. But there's been a lot of disaffected players and while you can easily absolve him of blame for some of the usual suspects, he can't afford any more spats or the owners could come to the conclusion that he is the problem.

Prestwich_Blue said:
remoh said:
bluearrow said:

This is the core of the matter. He's safe as long as the team can put this behind them and push on. But there's been a lot of disaffected players and while you can easily absolve him of blame for some of the usual suspects, he can't afford any more spats or the owners could come to the conclusion that he is the problem.

Name me a major spat with a player HE has brought in

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
remoh said:

Boateng.

his os interview is brilliant especially with regards to dzeko. made some big statements, if he keeps them i.e. drop edin at the weekend, get rid of scarlitos, it'll be a massive moment in the future not only of mancini , but manchester city football club as a whole

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Boateng.

Major spat? Ha. Try harder.

He didn't settle/wasn't good enough (for the prem the shithouse) and left at no loss to the club.

I thought you were better than that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.