Mancini's future

LittleStan said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:
Good post, this, providing a little balance on the issue.
While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
The manager has to be in charge, of course, but Roberto seems to have a knack for pouring petrol on troubled waters.

So its Mancinis fault that Tevez is a ****?

Using the Tevez incident as ammunition against Mancini is disgracefull beyond belief, Tevez has acted a complete **** and that is not Mancinis fault!

The list of so called topclass players that have lieft is very short and every player that Mancini has shown the door has only themselves to blame.

I have to admit that I never thought that even the most ardent Mancini haters would try to use this incident against the maneger, I guess I underestimated your hatred of the man.

To be fair, it did take them 24 hours.

Well, I have been very busy.

Prestwich_Blue said:
An account of his Inter sacking:
Last night the agent of Mancini revealed that the former Lazio and Fiorentina tactician had been sacked as coach of the Beneamata, and that his replacement would be Jose Mourinho.

There have been a number of theories as to why Mancini was relieved of his duties. Leggo today claims that one of the main reasons that Mancio was sacked was because the majority of the Inter squad demanded it.

A vote was conducted among the players which asked if they wanted the 43-year-old to stay or go, and the result was a unanimous verdict in favour of the latter.

Mancini has had a number of high-profile falling outs with players this season. Adriano, Patrick Vieira and Zlatan Ibrahimovic all reacted angrily to being substituted in various games during the campaign.

Hernan Crespo blasted his coach in the press for his lack of playing time, while Luis Figo refused to come on as a substitute during the Champions League game with Liverpool, and only a few days ago publicly stated that he would only stay on next season if Mancini left.

It seems that many of the Inter players have now got their wish.

Even for you this is fucking low, that was Morattis mates in the media trying to justify Mancinis sacking.

If that was true why would Viera and Balotelli have come to City?

Bringing this up at a time like tonight is pathetic.

The issue is Tevez refusing to play, trying to use this as an excuse to continue your campaign against the maneger is disgracefull beyond belief.

bluearrow said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
This is the core of the matter. He's safe as long as the team can put this behind them and push on. But there's been a lot of disaffected players and while you can easily absolve him of blame for some of the usual suspects, he can't afford any more spats or the owners could come to the conclusion that he is the problem.

Name me a major spat with a player HE has brought in

Think that is a weakness of his. He should be able to manage his team irrespective of who brought them in. In any other managerial role he would be expected to manage his whole team not just his favourites.
It would be very interesting to see the terms of reference for the investigation and to see just how wide ranging they will look, cause and effect, and probably more important who will be doing the investigation, whether UK or AD based!

In industry is team members are not working right or fitting in then the manager must change something. Once the team members have had the right training, they know what to expect and are given opportunity and support, any weakness will show. The manager must then address these with success in mind.

Sometimes the team members will not respond, for any number of reasons. However, the road to successful transition is also the road out of the door if they do not respond.

Mancini has shown he can successfully make players better AND have the strength to get the out of the door.

Therefore, a good manager.

Prestwich_Blue said:
No one is trying to use it against him, just pointing out that he has a bit of previous. As long as we pull together as a squad and we continue to be successful then he'll be safe.

If anybody has previos its you, and yes you are trying to turn it against Mancini.

remoh said:
LittleStan said:
bluefandk said:
So its Mancinis fault that Tevez is a ****?

Using the Tevez incident as ammunition against Mancini is disgracefull beyond belief, Tevez has acted a complete **** and that is not Mancinis fault!

The list of so called topclass players that have lieft is very short and every player that Mancini has shown the door has only themselves to blame.

I have to admit that I never thought that even the most ardent Mancini haters would try to use this incident against the maneger, I guess I underestimated your hatred of the man.

To be fair, it did take them 24 hours.

Well, I have been very busy.

LOL, doing what, thinking of ways swing this around?

Even SKY are behind Mancini on this one!

edit: As interesting as this is going to get, I have to be up early in the morning. Goodnight all...

The departure of Cook and the Tevez saga has significantly strengthened Mancini's position which was already strong anyway.

I said during the summer that Mancini would have swapped Tevez for a handful of magic beans let alone someone like Eto'o but the board were holding out for big money and its blown up in our faces. The board's position was understandable from a financial point of view but with Tevez you just knew it was going to end in grief and they had enough history with Tevez to know it would happen so in some ways we only have ourselves to blame.

Mancini is no doubt reminding people that if they had listened to him in the first place this would never have happened and Mancini is politically astute enough to make sure people are taking notice.

Personally I think Mancini is slowly but surely increasing his grip on the club and won't let go until he has it the way he wants. Say what you like about the guy but in some ways its a masterclass in coming into a hostile environment (media, players even fans) and turning it around and shaping the club in his image.

Even more remarkably no one seems to have noticed.

Mancio said:
in England the vultures fly at night?

Cantona, stop bloody posting on here and concentrate on that acting audition you've got for that film tomorrow morning. After all, it's rumoured it'll be on channel 5 in a few years.

BobKowalski said:
The departure of Cook and the Tevez saga has significantly strengthened Mancini's position which was already strong anyway.

I said during the summer that Mancini would have swapped Tevez for a handful of magic beans let alone someone like Eto'o but the board were holding out for big money and its blown up in our faces. The board's position was understandable from a financial point of view but with Tevez you just knew it was going to end in grief and they had enough history with Tevez to know it would happen so in some ways we only have ourselves to blame.

Mancini is no doubt reminding people that if they had listened to him in the first place this would never have happened and Mancini is politically astute enough to make sure people are taking notice.

Personally I think Mancini is slowly but surely increasing his grip on the club and won't let go until he has it the way he wants. Say what you like about the guy but in some ways its a masterclass in coming into a hostile environment (media, players even fans) and turning it around and shaping the club in his image.

Even more remarkably no one seems to have noticed.

excellent analysis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.