Mancini's future

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
remoh said:
Good post, this, providing a little balance on the issue.
While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
The manager has to be in charge, of course, but Roberto seems to have a knack for pouring petrol on troubled waters.
This is the core of the matter. He's safe as long as the team can put this behind them and push on. But there's been a lot of disaffected players and while you can easily absolve him of blame for some of the usual suspects, he can't afford any more spats or the owners could come to the conclusion that he is the problem.

Name me a major spat with a player HE has brought in

dzeko's tantrum was not due to mancini's style,because he did the same with mcclaren at wolfsburg, at least he apologised for that one

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
remoh said:
While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
The manager has to be in charge, of course, but Roberto seems to have a knack for pouring petrol on troubled waters.
This is the core of the matter. He's safe as long as the team can put this behind them and push on. But there's been a lot of disaffected players and while you can easily absolve him of blame for some of the usual suspects, he can't afford any more spats or the owners could come to the conclusion that he is the problem.

Exactly. The problems have been with players with previous issues with other clubs and managers.

I prefer to look at how he has brought on Richards from the bad days and got players like Kompany, NDJ and Zaba playing better.

Boateng did not work out and Mancini had no problem shipping him back out.

All signs of a good manager, who is not afraid to tackle any problems, either inherited or brought in by him.

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Boateng.

Major spat? Ha. Try harder.

He didn't settle/wasn't good enough (for the prem the shithouse) and left at no loss to the club.

I thought you were better than that!
So he wasn't good enough for the Prem yet he's playing for a clearly better team than us? But the point I was making was that so far he's OK but if he does fall out with players he did bring in then he won't be. And we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but Marwood & Khaldoon will.

remoh said:
bluearrow said:
I'm having second thoughts about his tenure. Have his man mnagaement skills shone during the whole tevez affair? I think not. He should not have dropped Dzeko for the Wigan game to fit in munster, I believe he did so to appease tevez. He's also brought him on as sub after tevez "performed" some very lack luster warm up routines. Thinking RM might not be blameless in this debacle by not showing strong decisive actions in previous games.
I'm also concerned with the reaction of Dzeko who previously has given the impression of a very committed team player. Was his OTT reaction in anyway because of RM management style? I'm just having little niggling doubts.
And finally, just so there is no mis-understanding, I believe tevez should not represent our team ever again. I can also see RM's stock being de-valued.

So its Mancinis fault that Tevez is a ****?

Using the Tevez incident as ammunition against Mancini is disgracefull beyond belief, Tevez has acted a complete **** and that is not Mancinis fault!

The list of so called topclass players that have lieft is very short and every player that Mancini has shown the door has only themselves to blame.

I have to admit that I never thought that even the most ardent Mancini haters would try to use this incident against the maneger, I guess I underestimated your hatred of the man.

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
remoh said:

It is hard to know just which players he actually is responsible for signing, but shouldn't a good manager be able to get on with more than his record so far suggests, regardless of who buys them?

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
remoh said:

Think that is a weakness of his. He should be able to manage his team irrespective of who brought them in. In any other managerial role he would be expected to manage his whole team not just his favourites.
It would be very interesting to see the terms of reference for the investigation and to see just how wide ranging they will look, cause and effect, and probably more important who will be doing the investigation, whether UK or AD based!

bluefandk said:
remoh said:
bluearrow said:
I'm having second thoughts about his tenure. Have his man mnagaement skills shone during the whole tevez affair? I think not. He should not have dropped Dzeko for the Wigan game to fit in munster, I believe he did so to appease tevez. He's also brought him on as sub after tevez "performed" some very lack luster warm up routines. Thinking RM might not be blameless in this debacle by not showing strong decisive actions in previous games.
I'm also concerned with the reaction of Dzeko who previously has given the impression of a very committed team player. Was his OTT reaction in anyway because of RM management style? I'm just having little niggling doubts.
And finally, just so there is no mis-understanding, I believe tevez should not represent our team ever again. I can also see RM's stock being de-valued.

So its Mancinis fault that Tevez is a ****?

Using the Tevez incident as ammunition against Mancini is disgracefull beyond belief, Tevez has acted a complete **** and that is not Mancinis fault!

The list of so called topclass players that have lieft is very short and every player that Mancini has shown the door has only themselves to blame.

I have to admit that I never thought that even the most ardent Mancini haters would try to use this incident against the maneger, I guess I underestimated your hatred of the man.

To be fair, it did take them 24 hours.

bluearrow said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Think that is a weakness of his. He should be able to manage his team irrespective of who brought them in. In any other managerial role he would be expected to manage his whole team not just his favourites.
It would be very interesting to see the terms of reference for the investigation and to see just how wide ranging they will look, cause and effect, and probably more important who will be doing the investigation, whether UK or AD based!

Are you actually seriously suggesting that Mancini should be investigated?

Tevez is to blame and nobody else trying to turn this into a vendetta against the maneger is low even for the Mancini haters.

Disgracefull post!

Looks like a tiny minority are nostalgic for our days of managerial merry-go-round.

An account of his Inter sacking:
Last night the agent of Mancini revealed that the former Lazio and Fiorentina tactician had been sacked as coach of the Beneamata, and that his replacement would be Jose Mourinho.

There have been a number of theories as to why Mancini was relieved of his duties. Leggo today claims that one of the main reasons that Mancio was sacked was because the majority of the Inter squad demanded it.

A vote was conducted among the players which asked if they wanted the 43-year-old to stay or go, and the result was a unanimous verdict in favour of the latter.

Mancini has had a number of high-profile falling outs with players this season. Adriano, Patrick Vieira and Zlatan Ibrahimovic all reacted angrily to being substituted in various games during the campaign.

Hernan Crespo blasted his coach in the press for his lack of playing time, while Luis Figo refused to come on as a substitute during the Champions League game with Liverpool, and only a few days ago publicly stated that he would only stay on next season if Mancini left.

It seems that many of the Inter players have now got their wish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.