Mancini's selection and tactics

waspish said:
Think all teams now have changed there tactics against us last season it was 1 up against us now it's 3 on our back 4 line chasing everything

I have noticed this and we haven't been able to adapt yet.

It was so obvious and with a couple of exceptions basically at home in the league against bottom rung sides we struggle to combat this simple tactic.

Sunderland will do the same on Saturday and it will be interesting to see how we cope with it.

The thing that has struck me since the 2nd half at Chelsea away last year we have stopped attacking with pace. We seem to be slowing the game down at all points and teams are starting to regroup and find it easy to defend against us.

We have not played well since the Derby at OT last year especially away from home bar the last 5/6 games.

Mancini needs to have a good think about how we play. The top teams are all hitting opponents with pace.

Dortmund were good last night but we made them look even better as we had no ideas at some points

_dreamer_ said:
Watched the game from 40th Minute. City looked like an average club. No idea, creativity, nothing. Poor defence, as if the players have totally lost their self confidence.

No fast breaks, piss poor build up play.

You can blame players as long as you want, but when the team underperforms constantly, it's manager's fault.

I' ll keep writing this as long as it takes, you can say whatever you want about me. Mancini is nothing special and these guys need someone who can take them on the next level.

He won titles, but let's face it, it was about fuc*ing time to win the Premier League with a roster like that.

He needs to go, he seems to be completely lost atm.

I am not saying that as a Dzeko supporter, maybe the next coach will give him even less minutes. The fact is that you need someone else.
COMPLETELY TRUE!!

_dreamer_ said:
Watched the game from 40th Minute. City looked like an average club. No idea, creativity, nothing. Poor defence, as if the players have totally lost their self confidence.

You can blame players as long as you want, but when the team underperforms constantly, it's manager's fault.

I' ll keep writing this as long as it takes, you can say whatever you want about me. Mancini is nothing special and these guys need someone who can take them on the next level.

He won titles, but let's face it, it was about fuc*ing time to win the Premier League with a roster like that.

I am not saying that as a Dzeko supporter, maybe the next coach will give him even less minutes. The fact is that you need someone else.

abit of an over reaction here.

crystal_mais said:
_dreamer_ said:

maybe, but 70% of the above is spot on.

I'm surprised Mancini questioned the players' passion. It's clearly shown that no one wanted to win the game more than the players. Last season I might have said different, but this time round, it's very obvious, the players had the desire and fight in them. To question their passion is just plain wrong.

I'll say this again: we are moving backwards since that second-half at Stamford Bridge in December. Before that we were pressing high and everything but I didn't see since that match. And when you have to play against teams like Real or Dortmund with their high line... What will happen? Yes, these teams will create a lot of chances. You can't be that slow in midfield, make short passes and hope your opponent will wait. And we'll see something similar against Ajax. You'll see.

Freestyler said:
crystal_mais said:
_dreamer_ said:

maybe, but 70% of the above is spot on.

70% spot on. Are you serious??

We should sack a manager ten games after we have won our first chamiponship in ten years.

About time!!! he had two full season in charge with a team not even likely to qualify for a champs lge place. First full season year third and FA Cup. Second year Champions that is a dramatic acceleration of our fortunes. If we had a good roster it was due to Mancinis signings.

Constantly underperform. We havent been beaten at home for nearly two years in the lge and are the champions of our domestic league. Yes we really are continually underperforming.

City looked like an average club.

Yes an average club competing against Dortumnd in the Champions league. Average clubs dont become champions of the premier league.

Mancini not special

He has won trophies at every club he has managed. You can argue he isnt as good as a Mourinho etc but he is anything but average.

Just embarrassing any City fan would agree with such a stupid post.

bapi said:
I'll say this again: we are moving backwards since that second-half at Stamford Bridge in December. Before that we were pressing high and everything but I didn't see since that match. And when you have to play against teams like Real or Dortmund with their high line... What will happen? Yes, these teams will create a lot of chances. You can't be that slow in midfield, make short passes and hope your opponent will wait. And we'll see something similar against Ajax. You'll see.

Mate, if we are moving backwards since last DECEMBER then at least we won the PL for the first time in 44 years during our decline !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.