Mancio to crack the whip?

BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There's something funny going on. First Duncan Castles' article says he's a dead man walking. Rumours of him resigning last week, Tevez disappears, Kompany not even in the squad, Milner dropped and they collectively play like an under-8's team on Saturday then none will even talk to MCFC TV.

The antipathy between Mancini and parts of his squad is apparently palpable. It has been referenced several times in the last 48 hours but a lot of senior players are yet to forgive Mancini for trying to hang Lescott out to dry to hide his own inadequacies and mistakes after the game against Ajax in Amsterdam.

In terms of him cracking the whip ... he's far too arrogant to see that he is part of the problem rather than part of the solution, hence why he continues to lash out publicly at individual players.

I have no doubt in my mind that Txiki and Ferran will have been as appalled by what they saw in Southampton as most of us Blues were. The players will no doubt get a rollicking, but the buck will stop with the manager.

Just had a very similar phone conversation with a blue mate. You can tell a mile off that the players have lost confidence in him. It seems to me like things may have happened behind the scenes, and this latest media rant appears to be part of it. He's like Alan Ball in his last few weeks, blaming the players en masse.

My great hope, as I've said before, is that our new top brass are football people, unlike Khaldoon, and will have already seen through Mancini, his unbalanced squad, his odd selections and substitutions and the constant week-on-week underperformance from this group of players. They will know that hanging players out to dry publicly is not the way to motivate them.

My mate also gave me an interesting theory, and he knows his football well(used to be a professional player). He says that he believes Mancini is not making the subs any more, it's Platt, writing down changes and bringing them to Mancini for approval. He believes Mancini has lost all confidence in himself. Interesting theory.

If he's right, then we have to get him out of the club now. Not tomorrow, now.

NipHolmes said:
Unlike the many, I hope Real slaughter them. I get the 'tire them out' stuff but I just want to see them humbled. Come on Jose!

Surely no-one is sticking to the 'it would be better for us if the rags go through' line now? I hope they are humiliated home and away, firstly because they are a bunch of twats, and secondly because it's time their limitations were exposed.

Kid A said:
NipHolmes said:
Unlike the many, I hope Real slaughter them. I get the 'tire them out' stuff but I just want to see them humbled. Come on Jose!

Surely no-one is sticking to the 'it would be better for us if the rags go through' line now? I hope they are humiliated home and away, firstly because they are a bunch of twats, and secondly because it's time their limitations were exposed.

Absolutely, hope they get thrashed home and away without score and him who use to play for them gets 2 or more hatricks

The most annoying thing about this season is they are not that good

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There's something funny going on. First Duncan Castles' article says he's a dead man walking. Rumours of him resigning last week, Tevez disappears, Kompany not even in the squad, Milner dropped and they collectively play like an under-8's team on Saturday then none will even talk to MCFC TV.

The antipathy between Mancini and parts of his squad is apparently palpable. It has been referenced several times in the last 48 hours but a lot of senior players are yet to forgive Mancini for trying to hang Lescott out to dry to hide his own inadequacies and mistakes after the game against Ajax in Amsterdam.

In terms of him cracking the whip ... he's far too arrogant to see that he is part of the problem rather than part of the solution, hence why he continues to lash out publicly at individual players.

I have no doubt in my mind that Txiki and Ferran will have been as appalled by what they saw in Southampton as most of us Blues were. The players will no doubt get a rollicking, but the buck will stop with the manager.

Just had a very similar phone conversation with a blue mate. You can tell a mile off that the players have lost confidence in him. It seems to me like things may have happened behind the scenes, and this latest media rant appears to be part of it. He's like Alan Ball in his last few weeks, blaming the players en masse.

My great hope, as I've said before, is that our new top brass are football people, unlike Khaldoon, and will have already seen through Mancini, his unbalanced squad, his odd selections and substitutions and the constant week-on-week underperformance from this group of players. They will know that hanging players out to dry publicly is not the way to motivate them.

My mate also gave me an interesting theory, and he knows his football well(used to be a professional player). He says that he believes Mancini is not making the subs any more, it's Platt, writing down changes and bringing them to Mancini for approval. He believes Mancini has lost all confidence in himself. Interesting theory.

If he's right, then we have to get him out of the club now. Not tomorrow, now.

Unlike with Khaldoon - we're doing really well with the new top brass - they seem to have really stabilised things, created a great working environment and refreshed the squad. The old addage if it's not broken don't fix it. How long will the Tixi and Farry love-in and blind hope crescent w##k continue - without some tangible success, backing and improvement - Yes Mancini has many failings but he's open honest and passionate to succeed perhaps too much so. There is clearly something wrong in the state of City but at the moment it's difficult to know exactly what it is.

If the players have lost confidence in Mancini it is better to sack him now and not at the end of the season. The only availble manager we could get is Frank Rijkaard but I doubt he will want the job on a short term basis.

No comparison between Arsenal last year and that performance on Saturday at St Mary's other than the fact we lost both games.

Although we were outplayed at the Emirates it took a cracking shot to get Arsenal over the line 8 minutes or so from time.

We put in some effort against Arsenal and a couple of players had decent games.

On Saturday all players downed tools and didn't want to play and didn't come to play against much lesser opposition.

The performance was lack lustre and the nature of the goals conceded highlighted how pathetic and comical our attitude and approach to the game was.

As far as effort and character is concerned or more to the point the lack of it, I hope its a one off because it smacked of a side who has thrown the towel in.

I was reminded of sides who go out and play deliberately below par in protest of some set of circumstances like scorned school boys which other than being paid off to ensure defeat is as worse as it gets.

Better comparison is the Liverpool game two seasons ago.

Hopefully with similar results.

mancini rarely plays his best 11 in any cup comp, drives me to distracrion tbh. this time though he simply has to.we will know with his line up if he's a gonner. if he risks this, or the players do, then we know st mary's was a planned loss.

moomba said:
Better comparison is the Liverpool game two seasons ago.

Hopefully with similar results.

To a degree I agree but without the comedy capers involved in conceding the three goals and again its been a long time since we have been so lethargic for the full 90 minutes.

Lets hope for a similar reaction and the performance was a one off attributed to an event or a series of events that can easily be rectified that perhaps occurred before the game.

The whole match was bizarre and dumfounding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.