Mancio to crack the whip?

Ray78 said:
If the players have lost confidence in Mancini it is better to sack him now and not at the end of the season. The only availble manager we could get is Frank Rijkaard but I doubt he will want the job on a short term basis.
Or sack all the players
They are there to play and do as they are told

What gives them the fucking right to under perform wearing a city top to piss the manager off
If indeed this is the case.

I agree with those saying things are a bit odd at the moment. I'd imagine Joe Hart is a popular player in the dressing room, as is Joleon, and the manager slating them in different ways whether directly or indirectly cannot be helping team morale. Much as I dislike SAF, he always makes a point of defending players in the media and keeping any stick he doshes out behind closed doors. I don't know why Bobby continues to hang out our dirty washing in public, the only impression it gives is that he is looking to pass the buck/apportion the blame elsewhere.

Just add a bit of fuel to the fire, Sheikh Mansour's Al Jazira Club sacked Franky Vercauteren. The reason behind the exit of Vercauteren, was because he wasn't getting on with the players.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
I agree with those saying things are a bit odd at the moment. I'd imagine Joe Hart is a popular player in the dressing room, as is Joleon, and the manager slating them in different ways whether directly or indirectly cannot be helping team morale. Much as I dislike SAF, he always makes a point of defending players in the media and keeping any stick he doshes out behind closed doors. I don't know why Bobby continues to hang out our dirty washing in public, the only impression it gives is that he is looking to pass the buck/apportion the blame elsewhere.

Totally agree!

The cookie monster said:
Ray78 said:
If the players have lost confidence in Mancini it is better to sack him now and not at the end of the season. The only availble manager we could get is Frank Rijkaard but I doubt he will want the job on a short term basis.
Or sack all the players

What gives them the fucking right to under perform wearing a city top to piss the manager off

We were told in no uncertain terms that part of ADUG's recruitment strategy was to compile huge dossiers on players temperaments and proffessionalism. Last year you could actually see in their detirmination that this was paying dividends.

And now we're getting told by some of Mancini's most desperate defenders to sack them all.

Hilarious. If he's lost the player's confidence then rest assured he's finished. I strongly suspect he has to be honest.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There's something funny going on. First Duncan Castles' article says he's a dead man walking. Rumours of him resigning last week, Tevez disappears, Kompany not even in the squad, Milner dropped and they collectively play like an under-8's team on Saturday then none will even talk to MCFC TV.

The antipathy between Mancini and parts of his squad is apparently palpable. It has been referenced several times in the last 48 hours but a lot of senior players are yet to forgive Mancini for trying to hang Lescott out to dry to hide his own inadequacies and mistakes after the game against Ajax in Amsterdam.

In terms of him cracking the whip ... he's far too arrogant to see that he is part of the problem rather than part of the solution, hence why he continues to lash out publicly at individual players.

I have no doubt in my mind that Txiki and Ferran will have been as appalled by what they saw in Southampton as most of us Blues were. The players will no doubt get a rollicking, but the buck will stop with the manager.

Just had a very similar phone conversation with a blue mate. You can tell a mile off that the players have lost confidence in him. It seems to me like things may have happened behind the scenes, and this latest media rant appears to be part of it. He's like Alan Ball in his last few weeks, blaming the players en masse.

My great hope, as I've said before, is that our new top brass are football people, unlike Khaldoon, and will have already seen through Mancini, his unbalanced squad, his odd selections and substitutions and the constant week-on-week underperformance from this group of players. They will know that hanging players out to dry publicly is not the way to motivate them.

My mate also gave me an interesting theory, and he knows his football well(used to be a professional player). He says that he believes Mancini is not making the subs any more, it's Platt, writing down changes and bringing them to Mancini for approval. He believes Mancini has lost all confidence in himself. Interesting theory.

If he's right, then we have to get him out of the club now. Not tomorrow, now.
I know you don´t like him, but that´s bullshit, doesen´t make his own substitutions, please..............

Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
Ray78 said:
Or sack all the players

We were told in no uncertain terms that part of ADUG's recruitment strategy was to compile huge dossiers on players temperaments and proffessionalism. Last year you could actually see in their detirmination that this was paying dividends.

And now we're getting told by some of Mancini's most desperate defenders to sack them all.

Hilarious. If he's lost the player's confidence then rest assured he's finished. I strongly suspect he has to be honest.
That was a bit tongue in cheek sacking the players :)
If they have lost confidence in him should they be putting a bad shift in?

The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
Or sack all the players

That was a bit tongue in cheek sacking the players :)
If he's lost their confidence should they be putting a bad shift in?
Its always the way as the cheapest option is to change the manager. There is a saying but I cant remember it correctly so I wont quote it

Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
Ray78 said:
Or sack all the players

I suspect you are right. I do think however said strategy failed to pick up what a waste of space Nasri is.

Funnily enough losing Balotelli had me thinking his contribution may have been more important off the pitch than on. He seemed to bring a bit of laughter and joy to the squad, which now seems distinctly lacking.

BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There's something funny going on. First Duncan Castles' article says he's a dead man walking. Rumours of him resigning last week, Tevez disappears, Kompany not even in the squad, Milner dropped and they collectively play like an under-8's team on Saturday then none will even talk to MCFC TV.

The antipathy between Mancini and parts of his squad is apparently palpable. It has been referenced several times in the last 48 hours but a lot of senior players are yet to forgive Mancini for trying to hang Lescott out to dry to hide his own inadequacies and mistakes after the game against Ajax in Amsterdam.

In terms of him cracking the whip ... he's far too arrogant to see that he is part of the problem rather than part of the solution, hence why he continues to lash out publicly at individual players.

I have no doubt in my mind that Txiki and Ferran will have been as appalled by what they saw in Southampton as most of us Blues were. The players will no doubt get a rollicking, but the buck will stop with the manager.
Billy, if the players are rebelling because he hung a subpar defender out to dry, then may whatever power might exist in the universe have mercy on their souls if we get the manager that I at least hope for in the summer. He will slit their throats publicly if they did what you're suggesting they're doing now. And before people get cranky that I've criticized a player, let's just be honest that he wouldn't be starting for a Champions League winning club or he likely would have already. He does what he does just fine, but he's not what you need to win it all. Same might be said of the manager, but we'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.