mancunian born

Born in Tameside in 85.. lived in Denton for 21 years.. been working n living abroad for 4 now!!

Spreading the good word that is Man City!

sir malcom said:
how many on here were born in manchester and moved away ,to a new town etc,i was born in 1970 at park hospital which is trafford / davey hulme,dont know what it was before the boundary changes of 1974,,,,,,,,,,,, am i a manc

Ooh sorry lad, sounds a bit like the urban district of Stretford to me!

Crumpsall Manchester 8 and then Blackley Manchester 9. Solid blue-blooded Manc. I even have the mickey taken out of me accent by No1 son imitating Liam Gallagher saying 'Aaaaaaardwick' down his nose.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
sir malcom said:
how many on here were born in manchester and moved away ,to a new town etc,i was born in 1970 at park hospital which is trafford / davey hulme,dont know what it was before the boundary changes of 1974,,,,,,,,,,,, am i a manc

Crumpsall Manchester 8 and then Blackley Manchester 9. Solid blue-blooded Manc. I even have the mickey taken out of me accent by No1 son imitating Liam Gallagher saying 'Aaaaaaardwick' down his nose.
Know what your saying about the accent, having been brought up and living in Manc for 30 years I`ve now been exiled in`t Bridge (Stalyvegas) for 20 years and still get the odd comment from locals and my kids about my manc accent, though its mellowed greatly, like you say certain words catch you out, like paaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkk, paaaaaaaaaarrrrrtttttttttttiiiiiiiiiii etc

Out of towner me.born and bred in West Cumbria.i have however,been visiting Manchester for over 33 years now,and class it as my second home.In fact if things go compltely tits up where i work,i might even make it my first home lol!

Would save on hotels and transport costs.

Born in rag infested Salford in 67,lived here ever since.Except for 6 and half years in the forces.

So no I'm not a Manc

born in a barn in Stalyvegas, then set upon my quest of spreading the word of MCFC, currently stuck up an Alp.

This is a real bug bear for me......when i made my debut in June 1960 my mam and dad lived in Collyhurst....BUT for some reason I couldnt wait and was born in an ambulance which took me a hospital in OLDHAM, so though I am registered as born in Oldham, I claim Manc Nationality as i was born IN A MANCHESTER AREA HEALTH AUTHORITY AMBULANCE!
Only ever been back to Oldaham twice......in 50 years....now live in West of Ireland and claim Manc citizenship!

born st. mary's
then lived in clayton
moven to droylsden
had a spell in didsbury
moved to audenshaw
back to droylsden
now reside in ashton

hoot said:
Moss side, near the gates of Alex park, does anybody remember Alexandra and Princess rd shopping before Moss side precinct?

I had to add Paul marsh record shop.

Always went to Paul Marsh for my records - used to be there on a Friday for all the Beatles releases LOL

Those were the days - written by Paul for Mary Hopkins

Yes I know you think I'm an old bastard - and less of the old if you don't mind

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
sir malcom said:

Where about in Blackley? I went Plant Hill, even though I live in Crumpsall I practically grew up in Blackley, foxes hills sledging - nothing is better!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.