mancunian born

Born at Stretford Memorial Hospital in '53
Lived in Old Trafford until the day they made the draw for the fa cup semi final in '69 (we got Everton at Villa Park)
Moved to Salford
Moved back to Old Trafford when I got married
Went to Audenshaw
Back to Salford
Now have house near Warrington
But currently living near Prague in Czech republic

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
sir malcom said:
how many on here were born in manchester and moved away ,to a new town etc,i was born in 1970 at park hospital which is trafford / davey hulme,dont know what it was before the boundary changes of 1974,,,,,,,,,,,, am i a manc

Ooh sorry lad, sounds a bit like the urban district of Stretford to me!

Crumpsall Manchester 8 and then Blackley Manchester 9. Solid blue-blooded Manc. I even have the mickey taken out of me accent by No1 son imitating Liam Gallagher saying 'Aaaaaaardwick' down his nose.

Actually sounds like the Urban District of Urmston to me!

Born Bury
Raised Prestwich/Whitefield/Chorlton
Lived all over the world the country and abroad with work

sir malcom said:
DOSENT REALLY ANSWE MY QUESTION THOUGH FELLAS,WAS PARK HOSPITAL IN THE BOUNDARIES OF MANCHESTER BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEM ALL ABOUT IN 1974.

Sir Mal, Davyhulme has never been part of Manchester. Prior to becoming part of the newly created borough of Trafford in '74 it was part of Urmston Urban District Council in the county of Lancashire.

To me it doesn't matter though. You're still a manc in my eyes. I've always thought it daft that someone could be born less than 5 miles from the city centre but not be part of that city. One for off topic but I actually think Manchester City Council should absorb Tameside and Trafford (not Salford as this has been a city for centuries) as Manchester is one of the smaller "big cities" in the country with only c. 500k inhabitants. For a city of this importance i think the council should have a greater influence over the wider area. Will never happen though as MCC has one of the highest council tax rates in the country whereas those outside it's official borders are much lower.

Born Withington Hospital 1966, lived in Ladybarn as a baby, then moved to Benchill, then Woodhouse Park, 5 years in the country from 28-33, now live in Stockport with My second Wife.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.