Mandzukik

He's not a £30m+ player, but was Fernandinho? Was Ander Herrera or Mangala? Or Benatia, or Ozil, Illaramendi, Coentrao, David Luiz etc?

Times have changed, £30m won't get a world class player anymore unless you buy really well and/or a really good offer comes up (Fabregas, Costa, Sanchez)

bobmcfc said:
pudge said:
[bigimg]http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif[/bigimg]

What's funny about the fee ? Do you know what we paid for lescott ?
I remember what Cook and co paid for Lescott

Also, I think we had more than about £10m to spend in that window

Seems very unlikely they will sell him after only getting him in the summer ?? What am I missing here ?

And if they do sell him we will certainly have to grease the palms quite thick indeed

I don't see the need for 4 strikers, especially when three of them are out and out centre forwards.

It would also inevitably end up with a return to a 4-4-2 which for me has been found out by most of the top teams in the Premier League, most certainly in the Champions League.

Why would Mandzukic want to leave to us when he cannot even play in the Champions League?

I am not convinced by this move at all.

He is a great player and would be worth every bit, works his socks off every game and chases every ball.

Would be a massive upgrade on Dzeko.

bobmcfc said:
Seems very unlikely they will sell him after only getting him in the summer ?? What am I missing here ?

And if they do sell him we will certainly have to grease the palms quite thick indeed

If we have offered £32m for him Atletico won't turn that down because of their debt.

Mandzukic coming to us knowing he can't play in the Champions Legue is the bigger persuasion in my opinion.

LoveCity said:
The fee is almost identical to what we paid for Fernandinho who was also 28 I think. Except, January deals can cost more and strikers, especially ones as ruthless as Mandzukic, cost more. Also, it'd take that extra to tempt Atleti into parting with him so soon, assuming this isn't bollox (decent source).

Would be a great signing IMO but does it mean a return to 4-4-2? Mandzukic could easily play the lone role in rotation with Kun, but there's Dzeko and Jovetic to think about.
We have to sell Jovetic. His injuries just don't seem to be subsiding, and he is not Aguero level talented, so we need not carry that burden. Sell, sell, sell.

sam-caddick said:
bobmcfc said:

If we have offered £32m for him Atletico won't turn that down because of their debt.

Mandzukic coming to us knowing he can't play in the Champions Legue is the bigger persuasion in my opinion.

Are where will we get 32m from anyhoo ?

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:
The fee is almost identical to what we paid for Fernandinho who was also 28 I think. Except, January deals can cost more and strikers, especially ones as ruthless as Mandzukic, cost more. Also, it'd take that extra to tempt Atleti into parting with him so soon, assuming this isn't bollox (decent source).

Would be a great signing IMO but does it mean a return to 4-4-2? Mandzukic could easily play the lone role in rotation with Kun, but there's Dzeko and Jovetic to think about.
We have to sell Jovetic. His injuries just don't seem to be subsiding, and he is not Aguero level talented, so we need not carry that burden. Sell, sell, sell.

I understand people are frustrated by Jovetic's injuries but anyone who understands football can see how talented he is. No way should we sell him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.